• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

Gimme! What do I need? Just the software? I want in on this action!

You'll need the game and then you'll have to follow the instructions on the website/in the Op for setting up the league. Some people get a little confused when trying to set it up on MacOS but I've been playing primarily on MacOS since the start and I can help troubleshoot that if needed.

Pretty pumped I got Hunter Morris last sim. I need a power upgrade bad, so I'm turning to some old guys in Morris and Patrick Kivlehan for my 1B/DH spots. Might be a straight platoon at 1B. Either way, I like the situation better than last year.

Interested to see how SP Matuella does with the Cubs. He had some okay years for me, but I could never get him to re-sign for a number I was comfortable with considering his injury history. I'd rather give those innings to my rule 5 guy last year, Gorman who I'm paying peanuts.

Holy crap I have an ace. Only took nearly a decade lol

In the end, nothing could stop you from bringing a Yamamoto to the desert. :p (I'd have been interested, but I feel a little bloated pitching-wise, although no one with Yamamoto's potential.)

It's nice that we have a couple new league members. Welcome aboard fellers. We've got a really fun league. Hope you're here for the long-haul.

Rommel

In the end, nothing could stop you from bringing a Yamamoto to the desert. :p (I'd have been interested, but I feel a little bloated pitching-wise, although no one with Yamamoto's potential.)

It's nice that we have a couple new league members. Welcome aboard fellers. We've got a really fun league. Hope you're here for the long-haul.

Came down to me and the Phillies. If wasn't for them I'd have gotten him for 5-7 mil less a year. But geez could you imagine the Phillies with him? Monster team like LA.

Yikes, then Bedgood would have to work even harder to ruin things for them.

And once again, I hope that David Bedgood, currently the 18 year old, senior 2B for Sherman High, googles himself to find this thread and wonder wtf is happening.

I mean, look at this poor kid feeling that sick burn you just laid on him.

3024-16-Teal-15.jpg

David, if you do find this, this baseball sim thing we're playing projects you as the 2nd coming of Mike Trout. Do well in school, pick a good college, or take that 1st round draft money and we'll see you in the bigs dude.

brentech

Sim: 14 days
Date: Feb 10. 2024
Notes: Spring Training starts in 2 sims

Hey, just grabbed OOTP 17 (finally) during the latest Steam sale, so I'd like to join up and takeover the Pirates if at all possible. Been playing OOTP for years, so I know how it rolls.

Thanks in Advance!

Gimme! What do I need? Just the software? I want in on this action!

Just want confirmation from you guys before I take the time to add you into the game. When you get it set up, let us know.

OK, everything is downloaded and installed... but I can't get past the main menu. Starting a new game, or trying to load the GAF one, always crashes at 80% when "Loading default text file" -- says

"XML parsing error
not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1:

Not sure what the deal is. Does it need to be installed to the C: drive only? I install my Steam games to a separate drive typically.

brentech

OK, everything is downloaded and installed... but I can't get past the main menu. Starting a new game, or trying to load the GAF one, always crashes at 80% when "Loading default text file" -- says

"XML parsing error
not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1:

Not sure what the deal is. Does it need to be installed to the C: drive only? I install my Steam games to a separate drive typically.

All of my steam games install to a different drive, so it's not that. I would probably uninstall OOTP and reinstall

All of my steam games install to a different drive, so it's not that. I would probably uninstall OOTP and reinstall

I had done that before, but I tried it again and tried starting a new game BEFORE doing the GAF install stuff. That looks like it worked.

yay!

I'm seeing a select manager screen now, so I guess I'm ready to go. No Dodgers Manager available just yet.

brentech

I had done that before, but I tried it again and tried starting a new game BEFORE doing the GAF install stuff. That looks like it worked.

yay!

I'm seeing a select manager screen now, so I guess I'm ready to go. No Dodgers Manager available just yet.

Alright. Manager will be available after today's sim. I'll run it when I get home.

Welcome fellow humans. I look forward to trading with you!

I'm eagerly anticipating the preseason projections. I could win 100 or lose 100, and I have no idea which. I might have two rookies in my rotation. Maybe three. It's going to be a fiasco.

brentech

So, two of my best players, both on the last year of their contracts hate the current manager. Hmmm.
I don't know who your guy is now, but I made a manager change two seasons ago and it worked out for me. Brought up my AA guy after he had some prolonged success.

Colorado signed Posey and converted him to 1B, huh? Huh.

Also, I reorganized my front office, and the new SD really doesn't care for my rule 5 guy, Pacheco. So let's see what happens at CF this preseason.

First projections are in and.. I'm tentatively projected to have 98 losses, while also having two of the top 10 AL hitters.

So yeah. Pitching is going to be very bad.

It's got me 1 game behind the Brewers for the division, I think it had me winning last time so hopefully there's a reversal this season.

If anyone needs a catcher, and has a decent young pitcher to offer, I could move McPherson. Age 27. 3+ WAR the last couple seasons. Good for .250/.310/.410, 17 HR 65 RBI, and some solid fielding.

St. Louis Cardinals: SP Luis Fresneda was injured when he ran into a deer on the expressway. The Diagnosis: wrist soreness. This is a day-to-day injury expected to last 4 days.

Boston Red Sox: CF D.J. Davis was injured when he got into a fight with a news reporter over a television interview. The Diagnosis: thumb contusion. He's expected to miss about 5 days.

Amazing.

I started an offline league today, working in Japan and trying to work my way to a big league club. Had probably the craziest offseason injury I've ever seen pop up.

71 rated closer for Saitama Seibu Lions had 3 fingers severed in a lawnmower accident. It says they successfully reattached two, high index and middle finger. On his pitching hand, of course. His player status lists his diagnosis as "severed fingers".

brentech

I started an offline league today, working in Japan and trying to work my way to a big league club. Had probably the craziest offseason injury I've ever seen pop up.

71 rated closer for Saitama Seibu Lions had 3 fingers severed in a lawnmower accident. It says they successfully reattached two, high index and middle finger. On his pitching hand, of course. His player status lists his diagnosis as "severed fingers".

Soooooo, can he still play!?

Arizona Sends:
Mikie Mahtook - OF (GOBL)
Norberto Herrerra - OF (A)
Luis Arellano - P (GOBL)
$4 million in cash

for

LAD sends:
Erick Meza (GOBL)

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: Mar 24, 2024
Notes: Trade complete. Indians lose top RP Keith Weisenberg for 4-5 months due to radial nerve compression. LA Dodgers RP Masahiro Tanaka, who had a supporting role in the big budget film, " Screaming Eagles", is upset that the movie flopped.

Top Bottom