• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

World Series is coming your way!

89HANHg.gif

My team is very young and it has no power.

This is going to be a fun season.

I'd offer Morales in trade, but I don't think you have the pitching I need.

You know... looking at the projections, it has me dead last in the AL in runs scored, scoring 70 fewer runs than last season - somehow.

So the projections are obviously wrong.

You know... looking at the projections, it has me dead last in the AL in runs scored, scoring 70 fewer runs than last season - somehow.

So the projections are obviously wrong.

No one can stop this train! ;)

You know, I was wondering if the developers have included any future-oriented blurbs or aspects for leagues that venture into the great unknown. Are we going to see players that get injured by a self-driving car, an A.I. GM, forced league contraction due to disinterest from a rising generation largely oblivious to the game, etc. The mind ponders.

I think I'll probably have excess outfielders. I've got Miles Williams and Dominic Fletcher and they both seem like I have a trio of youngsters who my manager wants to play ahead of them. Though I'll need to keep 1 of them for depth.

These new young outfielders though...my scout says they've all got great defense and speed and have a good contact hitting future. Small ball FTW?

I think I'll probably have excess outfielders. I've got Miles Williams and Dominic Fletcher and they both seem like I have a trio of youngsters who my manager wants to play ahead of them. Though I'll need to keep 1 of them for depth.

These new young outfielders though...my scout says they've all got great defense and speed and have a good contact hitting future. Small ball FTW?

Yeah, like where the hell did Dave Phillips come from? My SD has him 80/80 and the best CF in the league. And he hasn't made his debut.

Yeah, like where the hell did Dave Phillips come from? My SD has him 80/80 and the best CF in the league. And he hasn't made his debut.
Tbh I have no idea, lmao. Month of December I wasn't updating as much but I'm fully back in and I've got a bunch of new dudes that my scout likes and some of the old guard is being pushed out. A lot of these guys trying to make the leap weren't high picks either, I think.

My scout has Philips at 78/80 which yeah is really bizarre considering his only experience is single A ball.........................................And he was a 2nd rounder. This random catcher that shot up out of nowhere was just ok in double A ball and was a 23rd rounder. And he also loves Urpo Myllyla though he's got the same experience as Philips.

He's been alright in Spring Training though.

Miles Williams might be a really effective DH for someone!

I had a guy like that last season, Yin-reng Guang. Came into ST last season after spending most of '22 batting .220 in A ball as a 74/80. I gave him a shot to win the CF job, but it turns out he wasn't up to it.

Scouting directors get irrational mancrushes sometimes. It's weird.

Phillips looks like a real deal though. Going to get a shitload of hits, and turn many into XBH's with his legs.

This is my last year in my window, then the wheels fall off.

If I'm not contending in May, I'm going to firesale all the major league talent for low level prospects. If you need a guy in the summertime, it's going to be a circus of value!!

TRADE!!

Houston sends:

C Jack McPherson (GOBL)
RF Kevin Cox (AA)

New York Mets sends:

SP Cobi Johnson (GOBL)
RP Marcos Molina (GOBL)

brentech

Sim: 7 Days
Date: Mar 31, 2024
Trade: Trade completed. Doing a full report upload, so won't be able to see any big news myself for a while.

edit: All 16 human controlled teams exported.
goodjob.gif

I'm still interested in outfielders, gonna look at your stock Crimson

I also have 2020 and 2022 Silver Slugger Derek Fisher who could use a new home. He's blocking higher paid (but ostensibly worse) veterans from the field.

In other news, my starters were so bad, Johnson and Molina instantly slot in as my #1 and #3 starters respectively. I prooooobably should've explored extending Honeywell. Hope he does you right, Pirates.

My fun thing of the moment: In positional strength by position, the list of SP's - the bottom three are, #28 - my last ace, Ponce, #29 - the guy I tried hard to sign this offseason, Matuella, and #30 - myself and my new guy Johnson. Just found that amusing.

brentech

I'm getting 404 - Not Found when I try and access the league reports online right now.
It will repopulate at 6 tonight.
I tried to make a full report upload with history last night and the host doesn't like that. OOTP makes too many files for history to be included.

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: Apr 7, 2024
Notes: Opening Day has arrived! Cut your active rosters down to 25 men, and make sure each one is on the secondary roster! Tomorrow's sim will be 3-4 days, whatever it takes to get every team at least 1 game played to verify rosters.

If you aren't down to 25 and are way off, I'll have to use the AI to set up your organization.

Seems appropriate that Ponce is the other guy taking the mound in my home opener.

In end-of-ST-projections news, I'm not the worst team anymore! It looks like the McPherson trade improved us AND the Mets. Love a win-win trade.

AL Central looks like it'll be a bloodbath. Philadelphia Bedgoods and Milwaukee Bergners look like locks.

Seems appropriate that Ponce is the other guy taking the mound in my home opener.

In end-of-ST-projections news, I'm not the worst team anymore! It looks like the McPherson trade improved us AND the Mets. Love a win-win trade.

AL Central looks like it'll be a bloodbath. Philadelphia Bedgoods and Milwaukee Bergners look like locks.

My scout thinks everyone on my pitching staff from last year who isn't Ponce is a relief pitcher and not a starter. So yeah.

My pitching was okay last year though, probably because of my elite pen. I really need bounce back years on offense from some guys, particularly Trout.

Damn dropped 2 games in preseason predictions. They had us tied with the Phillies with 94 wins now we're predicted to finish 2 games back.

Brent can you run Matthew Annunziata for me? Just moved him to my triple a team.

I have no idea what to do with Allard. Everybody says he's an ace sp but he's projected to play just BP by everybody too. Could have the best bullpen ever if I keep Allard there and Chapman's arm stays healthy

I'd like to officially welcome Yoenis Cespedes back to the Athletics.

Of course he's 38 now and probably terrible, but good to have him back in virtual green and gold.

brentech

Sim: 3 days
Date: Apr 10, 2024
Notes: 2024 Season has begun! Just enough days to ensure every team has played a game and that rosters are correct. Back to regular 7 day sims tomorrow.

Damn had a bunch of guys rated 60s-70s just a minute ago updated now everybody rated 20 and Allard is out for the season

I don't get it we just had a player development update last update but everybody regressed this update even if they had a good progression

Damn had a bunch of guys rated 60s-70s just a minute ago updated now everybody rated 20 and Allard is out for the season

I don't get it we just had a player development update last update but everybody regressed this update even if they had a good progression

in a week i think it'll fix itself. i think that always happens. or maybe our player development team sucks

I'd like to officially welcome Yoenis Cespedes back to the Athletics.

Of course he's 38 now and probably terrible, but good to have him back in virtual green and gold.

I'd like to officially say goodbye to Yoenis Cespedes, who has been released from the Athletics.

He's 38 now and terrible, and I picked up Aaron Judge off waivers. Later, Yo.

Trade!

Atlanta sends:
3B Matthew Annunziata (AAA)

Houston sends:
SP Tony Smith (AA)

Confirm

Damn we usually start slow but this is something else.

The ratings did go back to normal like Dominican said but they playing like they're 20s right now. No offense at all shut out 4 times

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: Apr 24, 2024
Notes: Trade complete. Dodgers Mikie Mahtook out 4-5 months with concussion. Detroit Chase De Jong out for the season with torn rotator cuff. Toronto Harm Bruggeman out 3-4 months with torn abdominal muscle.

Top Bottom