• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

Rommel

Sim: 7 days
Date: Apr 24, 2024
Notes: Trade complete. Dodgers Mikie Mahtook out 4-5 months with concussion. Detroit Chase De Jong out for the season with torn rotator cuff. Toronto Harm Bruggeman out 3-4 months with torn abdominal muscle.

Poor Mikie :( That must have been a hell of a concussion.

Good shit starting to turn it around. Starting pitchers have been great should have left Allards weak ass in the pen maybe he wouldn't have thrown his arm out. Offense was slightly better wish they would get back to like they were last season.

Couple more sims like that and we'll be fine. There's a new worst team in the division and power rankings!

brentech

So far, the Indians $1.50 increase in ticket price (up to $25), has had a small effect on attendance per game.

Through two weeks, we've dropped per game sales by 2515 (6.2%), even though season ticket sales increased by 3680 sales. This has effected us by decreasing revenue by -.2%.
If they team plays well, I think we will beat last years attendance record of 3.25M.

Either way, even though the Indians have their highest budget available in history at $170M, we are projected to save around $9M year over year, largely due to the loss of the Buster Posey contract.

Anyone ever ask their manager what the lineup should be after an acquisition and were surprised by the results?

I got Annunziata fully expecting to put him in at 3B, move Meola from 3rd to SS, and move my hot rookie SS Arroyo to CF.

Ask the manager? Annunziata to 1B, Morales back to his old position at C.

I mean,. Lavisky is washed up and hitting .170, so why not? Good call, guy.

Even then you can force start a player at a position. Had to do that with a couple of my guys

I do that constantly. At times I was practically molding the whole lineup that way. For a year or two though, I had a manager who wouldn't let me touch the strategy. But now I have a new guy. I'm not very loyal to my managerial personnel.

Wait, didn't your initial owner die in like season 2? Wasn't this his kid? Am I high?

Yes you are

latest

brentech

Sim: 7 Days
Date: May 8, 2024
Notes: Indians Bobby Bradley broke his ankle running the bases, out 4 months. Figures, in this first year making more than $507k,
Draft class announced.

Started the season 0-8 and now only one game back from being .500%

Pitching is great this year should have kept Allard in the pen. Freddie Freeman still playing horrible but most of my offense is turning it around after a slow start. Might should've kept Annunziata my other 3b is stinking it up so far lol

So am I correct in assuming we just have to have our trade list uploaded before a month (in game time) has passed and then the CPU does the rest on draft day?

So am I correct in assuming we just have to have our trade list uploaded before a month (in game time) has passed and then the CPU does the rest on draft day?

The day before the draft we stop the sim, then you get a final chance to make your draft list (this is in a weird spot its under transactions, draft pool) and you upload like normal. Then Brent advances us past the draft and we go at a slower pace for a few days so every can sign their draft picks.

Love looking at my team screen and seeing "Who's Hot: Cobi Johnson, Marcos Molina"

That trade seems to be working out rather well on my end. Sorry that McPherson is playing like dog shit.

Might should've kept Annunziata my other 3b is stinking it up so far lol

If it's any consolation, Smith was my top rated prospect by OSA. And Annunziata hasn't been that great so far. I am amused you finally got good starts out of Brakeman. I always thought he had it in him, he just didn't have it for me. I'm similarly probably going to see Beau Burrows finally soar once he's off my roster.

The day before the draft we stop the sim, then you get a final chance to make your draft list (this is in a weird spot its under transactions, draft pool) and you upload like normal. Then Brent advances us past the draft and we go at a slower pace for a few days so every can sign their draft picks.

OK, got it. Thanks Cheeto!

OK, got it. Thanks Cheeto!

No problem. While we can't do round by round for the draft (that would take forever), you can set your preferences for what you want your team to draft in every round. I would highly suggest when adding players to your draft list at least adding a column that shows their signability/demands. Since you're the Dodgers this isn't likely as much an issue as it is for other teams, but for cash strapped teams it can be worthwhile to not add players who cost too much or flat out won't sign with you.

No problem. While we can't do round by round for the draft (that would take forever), you can set your preferences for what you want your team to draft in every round. I would highly suggest when adding players to your draft list at least adding a column that shows their signability/demands. Since you're the Dodgers this isn't likely as much an issue as it is for other teams, but for cash strapped teams it can be worthwhile to not add players who cost too much or flat out won't sign with you.

Yeah, I saw a few "impossibles" in the column but not too many.

It really sucks having a young pitcher lose two years of development. RIP Bob Kelly.

Good thing I put in that waiver for Paxton!

And good thing Johnson is still inexplicably pitching his balls off.

He's 25 so it isn't like he hasn't had time to simmer. Also his BABIP is over .400 so it doesn't strike me as something he can maintain. I had a couple of other guys whose numbers after a month suggested they needed to move up a level so I shuffled some dudes around.

Also if anyone wants a Left Fielder I'm taking offers on Geoff McCalley or Lowell Beaumond or possibly Irving Rowe (who is a LF or RF).

Looking to get back a pitcher or short stop with similar potential/team control.

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: May 22, 2024
Notes: Indians CF Mendoza injured 4 weeks.
0-6 sim takes me out of first. 4 teams in the AL Central have 21-22 wins. Royals have 22, White Sox have 19.

Tied for first!

October of last season I see a guy named Chris Johnson in free agents that my scout really liked. He was 23 and didn't have any previous stats from any other leagues or in the minors but my scout said he was ready for the majors. He's batting .327 and is on pace for a 6.2 war so far.

Looking at his history it says he entered as a free agent from an independent league on 8/13/2023

Another nice sim to start climbing back into contention. Went 5-1 and beat the Tigers one game 23-1. That's going to inflate some ERAs. I really like my team this year. Going with an 11 man pitching staff for the first time and it's letting me be more flexible with my line-ups while also not wasting a roster spot on a guy that'll only pitch in mop-up situations.

Another nice sim to start climbing back into contention. Went 5-1 and beat the Tigers one game 23-1. That's going to inflate some ERAs. I really like my team this year. Going with an 11 man pitching staff for the first time and it's letting me be more flexible with my line-ups while also not wasting a roster spot on a guy that'll only pitch in mop-up situations.

Hey man. Take it easy on us! I have like $100 million worth of talent on the DL right now lol.

First place! 18-8 this month. Hopefully Sanchez is only hurt day to day I don't know who I have to replace him. Can't find a RF that can get anything going offensively.

Kinda want to increase my ticket prices a quarter to fifty cents since we're almost selling out recently but I'm scared it will destroy attendance. Tickets are only at $19 right now though

Really happy with the extension I signed Allred to. I've got CF covered for a long time, and at a pretty reasonable rate. I thought he'd want way more money than 11.8 per year for his FA years. I think Vargas is going to opt out this year, so it's nice to have one young star in place.

Another really solid sim. I think my team can compete this year. If I fall out of contention, Okey might be available if anyone needs a catcher. He's have a really solid year.

Top Bottom