• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

The A's aren't good enough to win it all, yet they're not bad enough to dismantle. They're the 90s Braves, without the one ring because of fuckstick graveman.

The A's aren't good enough to win it all, yet they're not bad enough to dismantle. They're the 90s Braves, without the one ring because of fuckstick graveman.

You've been moaning about the inevitable crumbling of the A's for a few seasons, but they just. keep. winning. :p

(
I know the window closes sooner or later.
)

I wish I didn't win 110 in 2019. That really fucked up my team. I wonder if I was supposed to keep Springer, Singleton, Musgrove, and the rest until they're in their mid 30's? I just couldn't. My team construction philosophy renders me somewhat incapable of fielding an old team.

brentech

Sim: 8 Days
Date: June 6, 2024
Notes: FIRST YEAR PLAYER DRAFT IS TOMORROW. Make your list.
Seattle trades completed.

Season over for A's Cash Case, concussion.
Joe Bomber Adams out for 4 weks, hamstring.

Oh dear god no.

Rerun the sim. This is the wrong timeline!!

God dammit.

Gratz on the Packers, commish. Rodgers is a terminator sent from the future.

brentech

REMINDER TO MAKE YOUR DRAFT LIST FOR TOMORROW.

If you haven't done so, you can find it in: Bigl GOBL Button (top middle) -> League Info - Draft Pool -> Draft List
I recommend just making every pick an OR selection and doing however many you want, then copy to all rounds. Makes it simple.

My scout wasn't a huge fan of this draft class, so I ended up sticking quite a few of the OSA favorites on my list. I'm a "meh" on it right now, but time will tell.

Pretty happy with my draft. Going to try and convince my 5th rounder to sign for a dumb amount of money because my scout likes his bat and his high school stats are good. I'm lucky in that my cash/budget situation has been pretty good the past few years. Hoping my first pick could be my SS of the future if Vargas opts out and I'm not able to retain him. He's kind of a poor man's Vargas anyways, and 22 so he might move fast through my system.

I'm not sure my scout drafted a single player with potential. My first 7 picks are all 20 potential, WTF. Wonder if the owner told him to go cheap this year.

Cardinals trade:

2B - Xavier LeGrant (MLB)

LA Dodgers trade:

RP - Jose Garcia (Ogden Raptors/Born November 10th, 2003)

The Dodgers had 4 Jose Garcias in their organization :D

Back above .500, defensive efficiency up another slot to 7th, the two pitchers I traded for both went 7 innings and struck out more than they walked.

Good sim aside from BJ Velazquez getting hurt for like the 4th time this season. And William Heflin going down with an injury.

Twins are really under-performing. Pythagorean says we should be better. (Giving up fewest runs in the AL and getting on base at a good clip, but aren't scoring like we should.)

We have such a young team though. I had to bring in a marginal vet, just for his experience and leadership. Plenty of talent, but something's missing. Hopefully this will help right the course.

It's probably Peguero. I'll take him off your hands, but I can't give much back seeing as how he's a huge malcontent. I'll give you a AA backup outfielder and a bag of Fritos.

You have it all wrong. The problem is clearly De Leon. And what he's missing is the steady, veteran leadership of someone like Jesse Winker.

Thanks for all the kind offers for my star shit-stirrers.

So I finally took over control of the lineup from the manager, and we go 6-1 for the week, including a sweep of the 1st place team in the division. Nice.

Thanks for all the kind offers for my star shit-stirrers.

So I finally took over control of the lineup from the manager, and we go 6-1 for the week, including a sweep of the 1st place team in the division. Nice.

Did you hire your manager of did the CPU? Looks like he's in the first year with LA?

I'd fire that clown if you didn't hire him. LA is a powerhouse team, no way should that team's record be where it is.

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: June 28, 2024
Notes: Philly owner dies.
6-1 sim, still 2 1/2 games behind. Damn Royals - they have a 10 game win streak.

All the NL East owners dying. Mine is going to live to be the oldest man in history.

Fucking Phillies getting a small lead in the division.

Looks like IFA starts next sim.

Just got an email that OOTP 18 pre-orders are available at a 20% discount until Jan. 27th. Not much info on what's new, but mentions 3D highlight reels, challenge mode, and the Negro leagues. 5 people that pre-order will be chosen at random and included as draft prospects in the game. Unfortunately, they won't be giving a free steam key when you pre-order anymore, so I might have to pass. I've played the past 2 or 3 through stream and I just like having everything there.

Just got an email that OOTP 18 pre-orders are available at a 20% discount until Jan. 27th. Not much info on what's new, but mentions 3D highlight reels, challenge mode, and the Negro leagues. 5 people that pre-order will be chosen at random and included as draft prospects in the game. Unfortunately, they won't be giving a free steam key when you pre-order anymore, so I might have to pass. I've played the past 2 or 3 through stream and I just like having everything there.

I haven't gone the Steam route in the past, but I'm thinking of doing so this year. All of my other games are there and I like that my games are always automatically updated.

Rommel

I haven't gone the Steam route in the past, but I'm thinking of doing so this year. All of my other games are there and I like that my games are always automatically updated.

It's a lot easier to keep updated. Pain in the butt to keep the non-steam version up to date.

Please don't let this technical limitation stop you from pre-ordering the game at the best price. We really appreciate how much you guys contribute to our game, and I can personally work with you to ensure that you can get a Steam copy at release for the same price if you pre-order it this week via the channels that we can have open.

This goes for everyone in the NeoGAF league that wants a Steam copy at the 20% off price.

Last edited:
Top Bottom