• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

Rommel

Hey there everyone, Rich from OOTP here. Please don't let this technical limitation stop you from pre-ordering the game at the best price. We really appreciate how much you guys contribute to our game, and I can personally work with you to ensure that you can get a Steam copy at release for the same price if you pre-order it this week via the channels that we can have open.

This goes for everyone in the NeoGAF league that wants a Steam copy at the 20% off price.

Put me down for a Steam @ 20% off :) I wouldn't mind the regular desktop version if it had an auto updater but I had to go awhile with a terrible internet connection and having to redownload the entire game was painful with every update.

Thanks Rich.

I know it sucks that some customers may have sold their steam codes while keeping the download version last year. And I know it sucks that steam takes that cut of revs on the store.

I'd also much rather have the option of buying only the steam key direct from you guys as well. Don't need the benefits of the download version but I'd rather you get all the revenue from the sales.

Rommel

Yah I ended up giving my Steam Key to a friend who wanted to play the game and then bought a steam version once it went on sale. But if I can start with a pre-sale steam version then I'm day one :)

Thanks Rich.

I know it sucks that some customers may have sold their steam codes while keeping the download version last year. And I know it sucks that steam takes that cut of revs on the store.

I'd also much rather have the option of buying only the steam key direct from you guys as well. Don't need the benefits of the download version but I'd rather you get all the revenue from the sales.

Thanks! Yep, things are more complicated than ever. We appreciate your support! We are always trying to ensure multiple ways for people to get the game the way they like it most.

Put me down for a Steam @ 20% off :) I wouldn't mind the regular desktop version if it had an auto updater but I had to go awhile with a terrible internet connection and having to redownload the entire game was painful with every update.

DM me and we can chat about that!

I haven't gone the Steam route in the past, but I'm thinking of doing so this year. All of my other games are there and I like that my games are always automatically updated.

It's a lot easier to keep updated. Pain in the butt to keep the non-steam version up to date.

I've been on the non-steam version these two years, and it is absolutely annoying to keep it updated. I don't know why I didn't buy the steam version previously. It's not like I don't game on steam otherwise. I'm a bit of a moron, I guess. :p

Hey there everyone, Rich from OOTP here. Please don't let this technical limitation stop you from pre-ordering the game at the best price. We really appreciate how much you guys contribute to our game, and I can personally work with you to ensure that you can get a Steam copy at release for the same price if you pre-order it this week via the channels that we can have open.

This goes for everyone in the NeoGAF league that wants a Steam copy at the 20% off price.

That's cool. Thanks.

brentech

Just want to let the league know, we are not scheduled to upgrade the league immediately upon release of OOTP18, so don't worry in that regard. I would want to make sure that everyone is on the same page if we do so. We didn't lose anyone upgrading to 17, and I'd like to ensure the same if/when we (as a league) upgrade to 18.

Think I would like to investigate this option as well if it's not too much trouble for you. Not looking to create any unnecessary hassle to get a discounted Steam copy in the name of only saving a few dollars.

Think I would like to investigate this option as well if it's not too much trouble for you. Not looking to create any unnecessary hassle to get a discounted Steam copy in the name of only saving a few dollars.

We can make this happen. I'd prefer to make arrangements through the league commissioner so it can be organized. No matter what, I want you guys to be happy!

We can make this happen. I'd prefer to make arrangements through the league commissioner so it can be organized. No matter what, I want you guys to be happy!

Whatever is easiest. Worst case is I buy the game on Steam at launch with the 10% discount instead of the 20% preorder discount. Either way I'll be purchasing the game.

brentech

Sim: 4 days
Date: July 2, 2024
Notes: International FA is open.

Astros AJ Puk out for year, torn rotator cuff. Rob Hamilton also out for year, radial nerve compression.
Rays Daniel Seres will miss rest of season, torn posterior cruciate ligament.

Lol... just a note, I'm not the commish.. that would be Brent :)

My bad! But the deal still stands! Lol

If anyone in the GAF league pre-orders the game this week and can send me their receipt I will make sure you get a copy of the game on Steam at no additional cost once it is released.

Promoting a 21 year old that was drafted last year to play starting SS with Case having a consucussion and the rule 5 backup sucking. Time to shine kid.

Just put 2 more OFers on the DL. My entire starting OF entering the season is on the DL and the top 5 OFers on my roster before I traded for Beaumond (who's playing through an injury, btw) are on the DL. It's going to be a rough couple of weeks to keep this season afloat.

brentech

Sim: 5 days
Date: July 7, 2024
Notes: Cardinals lose Josbel Coroba for season, shoulder inflammation.
Miami Dan Owens season over, torn labrum.
SF Giants owner dies.

Who's murdering all these owners this year?

After the mid-season review of my goals, I hope mine is next. Not happy with my upgrade at 1B (Hunter Morris has been a huge improvement compared to what I had), not hitting enough HRs, and I increased payroll instead of decreasing it. Well, I had the money, I'm not just going to give it to the owner and let the on field product suffer.

It isn't an GOBL season without me losing my top tier starter for the year. Ynoa is just about to get back from his injury from last season

Rommel

It isn't an GOBL season without me losing my top tier starter for the year. Ynoa is just about to get back from his injury from last season

Just looked at Clotilde's defensive numbers... wow... you need to blockbuster him over to the AL or pray he can learn 1B. Monster bat though

Just looked at Clotilde's defensive numbers... wow... you need to blockbuster him over to the AL or pray he can learn 1B. Monster bat though
Yeah I know :(

Can guys learn position if they have 0 ratings at the position? I was looking early today, dude just has a LF rating (of 30)

Just put 2 more OFers on the DL. My entire starting OF entering the season is on the DL and the top 5 OFers on my roster before I traded for Beaumond (who's playing through an injury, btw) are on the DL. It's going to be a rough couple of weeks to keep this season afloat.

And yet you've taken 3 straight from me. My team is good every other month so far this season and this is a bad month. 6 game losing streak has dropped me from the second wild card to behind like 4 teams. My bullpen sucks and my offense is inconsistent.

Alright, the Rommel Development Plan may have something to it. Too two crap relievers in low A minors with high hitting potential, both now raking in AAA and AA. Only problem is both are DHs. Forcing positions for these guys now. Believe.

Rommel

Alright, the Rommel Development Plan may have something to it. Too two crap relievers in low A minors with high hitting potential, both now raking in AAA and AA. Only problem is both are DHs. Forcing positions for these guys now. Believe.

Shouldn't have given out my secrets!

I swap position players with crap fielding ratings and good pitching potential into pitchers all the time.

Alright, the Rommel/Purple Cheeto Development Plan may have something to it. Too two crap relievers in low A minors with high hitting potential, both now raking in AAA and AA. Only problem is both are DHs. Forcing positions for these guys now. Believe.

Fuck 2 outfielders hurt for about a month. 5-1 sim though! Keep going back and forth with the Phillies

Only Jimmy O'Brien made the Allstar team. Should've remembered to vote

Dodgers pitcher De Leon pitched a no hitter. Would've been a perfect game but looks like he hit one batter.

Alright, the Rommel/Purple Cheeto Development Plan may have something to it. Too two crap relievers in low A minors with high hitting potential, both now raking in AAA and AA. Only problem is both are DHs. Forcing positions for these guys now. Believe.

Well mine is the reverse of rommel's I dunno why I never check pitchers for hitting ability.

So when we move to OOTP 18 eventually, do we restart at the current (real life) year, and re-sim out?

Also, would people be interested in doing a full league from scratch kind of thing, where we draft from blank slates?

Anyway just curious!

So when we move to OOTP 18 eventually, do we restart at the current (real life) year, and re-sim out?

Also, would people be interested in doing a full league from scratch kind of thing, where we draft from blank slates?

Anyway just curious!

We have not restarted. It's been one ongoing sim.

I'm torn on restarting. It could be great in that we might potentially get new owners. On the other hand, those of us currently in the league have been building these organizations daily (well some of us lol) for 2 years. Tossing all that out isn't super appealing either.

If we had to restart, I would probably keep playing, but I certainly wouldn't get as invested in it, and therefore would have less fun with it.

If we ever restart, I'd want an agreed upon end time well in advance. That way I wouldn't spend time caring about the development of players that will never arrive.

Right now, I think I'd like to see the current league run through at least the 2030 season.

I knew he would be a stud but I couldn't compete with a front loaded contract like that :(

It definitely sucks not getting a player you really want, but on the bright side, AZ is in first place and you've got your own Yamamoto blowing dudes away in the desert.

If we ever restart, I'd want an agreed upon end time well in advance. That way I wouldn't spend time caring about the development of players that will never arrive.

I would feel the same, and it would also break the sim. Part of what makes things work so well is that even in years that are down people can focus on building the farm, trading for prospects, that kind of thing.

If we restart every year or so, then whoever gets the "good" teams that particular year will be more likely to win, and there'd be no incentive to take a shithouse team, build farms, go after 16 year old international free agents.

There's a game for people that want to focus only on today. That game is called MLB: The Show.

This league needs to run until Manny makes the HOF. He's having an insane year so far, which means we're weeks away from an injury.

I'd like to keep going, but I guess if interest starts dying down I'd be cool with a restart. If we knew a certain time the current league was going to end, you could always get the file and keep it going offline or maybe just sim it 50 years and we can see what happens.

I've expressed my opinion before on a re-start. No es bueno, for me anyway.

I'm all about the slow burn and the build, the accumulation of history providing context and meaning to the moment. Personally, I would love to see this league build 100+ years of history, assuming adequate participation. Can you imagine the story lines, tragedies, dynasties, etc.?! Whoa! I just blew my own mind!

qd1m5.gif

brentech

Yea we've already had talks about this.
I think if we dropped below a certain amount of GMs in the league, we'd have to think about it.

Rommel

Open to moving MLB ready prospect LF Scot Warner for a stud reliever with multiple years of control.

Could you run him through the trade-o-matic for me commish? Thanks :)

Top Bottom