• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

Could you send Moises Gomez P (Min) into the trade machine too please brent.

I did have you run him last season, and I don't remember if we established any policy about running a guy multiple times.

Assuming it's kosher, I'd like to see what the CPU spits out for him, thanks.

brentech

Sim: 5 days
Date: Not at home
Notes: ran the sim to get us thru the all star break. Will run players in the trade shop when I get home.

brentech

Could you send Moises Gomez P (Min) into the trade machine too please brent.
tXyHnog.png

laZVNHd.png

Open to moving MLB ready prospect LF Scot Warner for a stud reliever with multiple years of control.

Could you run him through the trade-o-matic for me commish? Thanks :)
No idea what team he's on. Not on your prospects list or active roster.
Date: Not at home
Notes: ran the sim to get us thru the all star break. Will run players in the trade shop when I get home.

Updated Sim Notes: Season over for Astro's Norberto Rivera, damaged elbow ligament (jesus, how many players is this for the astros?)
Blue Jays Paxton Stover injured when his wife hit him with a frying pan during an argument. Out 1-2 weeks with bruised foot.

Rommel

Updated Sim Notes: Season over for Astro's Norberto Rivera, damaged elbow ligament (jesus, how many players is this for the astros?)
Blue Jays Paxton Stover injured when his wife hit him with a frying pan during an argument. Out 1-2 weeks with bruised foot.

Moot point since I just traded him to OAK. He is in AAA

Another sim, another pitcher gone for a year.

Maybe it's high time I finally replaced my trainer? He's the only one I've ever had!

And the answer is 4 pitchers. A young prospect-y SP, and the top three arms in my bullpen. Combined with roster moves, this means I'm currently rostering only 3 pitchers that were on my GOBL team at the end of last season.

I'm going to throw out a couple of guys as being available if anyone is interested.

C Chris Okey - Having a real solid year and I just resigned him to a pretty reasonable extension. I like him, but I've got a prospect crushing AAA right now that could get a look, and my current big league back up is also very capable. Don't need to move him, but if you need a catcher he might be one of the best ones that's available.

2B/3B Yefry Reyes - Last years batting title champ, with a 4.6 WAR, he's not getting as much playing time since my middle INF options have improved so he's kinda getting squeezed out. I think he'd be back to putting up better numbers if I just ran with him, but I like giving Arcia and Adames at bats. Young and has 3 more years of team control after this season.

Looking for prospects, any kind really. I'm particularly more interested in power bats and corner INF types. Starters or relievers are good.

brentech, if you could put:

RP Masahiro Tanaka
SP Taijuan Walker
LF Joc Pederson

into the trade machine (separately ideally) I'd appreciate it.

brentech

Date: July 24, 2024
Notes: MIN/CIN and ARI/OAK trades completed.

---------------------
I want to clear up Human to CPU trades. I know people have received emails from other teams saying they have a player available and would like an offer. If, every now and then, you really have a good offer you want to make in that situation, by all means, I'll try to run it.

But just like the 'shop a player' feature, I don't want to be running every player on your team just because you can't find a human trade partner. I can only run three 'shop a player requests' per sim, but even if that's all that is used, when the CPU teams offer back, I have to either type out or screen shot all the returns --- and that takes up a good chunk of time.

Just want to make sure that one single GM isn't asking me to to offer up a bunch of players over the course of a season. It's too time consuming and I'm starting to debate closing this option down due to the number of requests from the same GMs.

If you're serious about getting rid of a guy or wanting a particular player, be serious about it and make serious offers.

Didn't even know the Allstar game was at Turner Field I would've definitely made sure to vote if I had known that. At least Jimmy had a decent game.

Pretty good first half to the season. 3rd in power rankings, 2nd in attendance, and first in the division. Hopefully we keep it together.

Haven't loaded the new file yet I hope we start the second half right

Damn Luis Gonzalez got hurt in the 9th inning with two outs while allowing 0 runs 2 hits and 17 strikeouts. Dude is great 80 stamina, 80 stuff, 80 curveball, 75 fastball.

6-1 sim and increased our lead over the Phillies

Thanks for the clarification, brentech. As one of (if not THE) person/people you're talking about, thanks for giving me a better picture of what is involved. It's a shame players can't do that on their own and need the commisioner to do it for them. It'd be way nicer if we could just make the trades and all you had to do was confirm or deny them or whatever was needed.

What are you looking for? Would help those of us who may be interested.

Prospects, especially pitchers

In an effort to keep my requests at a minimum, I'm only going to ask that Masahiro Tanaka be put into the trade machine. I'm desperate to unload him.

In an effort to keep my requests at a minimum, I'm only going to ask that Masahiro Tanaka be put into the trade machine. I'm desperate to unload him.

Just a heads up, you'll never get any results for a bad contract. The best time to use it is when you have a guy that's still in arbitration or on a small deal. And you'll never get prospects offered, it's usual big leaguers.

brentech

Just a heads up, you'll never get any results for a bad contract. The best time to use it is when you have a guy that's still in arbitration or on a small deal. And you'll never get prospects offered, it's usual big leaguers.

To add on top of this, the 'shop a player' function only offers 1 for 1 trades. Results, as far as I have seen, is always a MLB player.

To add on top of this, the 'shop a player' function only offers 1 for 1 trades. Results, as far as I have seen, is always a MLB player.

Uggggh

Who the heck offered these guys such stupid contracts ;_____;

Thanks for the help guys. Sorry to be a hassle

brentech

The Dodgers have been controlled by the CPU for all but like, 2 seasons, and I'm fairly certain no large contracts were signed by the person that ran them, so I'd guess the CPU did that. The CPU Yankees do a lot of those contracts as well.

It was working well for the Dodger CPU GM for a long time...

Until it signed Kendall Graveman.

CONICIDENCE? I think not.

You could always offer some other fat cats player(s)/prospect(s) to take a player or two off your books if you're really desperate.

Yup. Tanaka is negative value in the deal. You have to offset with additional value to offload that contract. If $8m/yr per win is ballpark, and Tanaka is giving 1 win but making $20m, then you have to offer at least $12m more in wins just to offload the contract. Those big deals are a mess.

Uggggh

Who the heck offered these guys such stupid contracts ;_____;

Thanks for the help guys. Sorry to be a hassle

Sheesh. You are the Dodgers. With the scratch you have to work with, you should be signing EVERYONE! Good contract, bad contract, who cares!!! ;)

You could always offer some other fat cats player(s)/prospect(s) to take a player or two off your books if you're really desperate.

Yeah I think the Dodgers and Yankees have multiple players who constitute most teams entire payroll, or more than their highest paid player.

To whit, the Dodgers have 10 players making $10mm+ per season or more, and 3 making $20mm+ or more. The Yankees only have 5 players making more than $10mm and only one over $20mm.

The Tigers have 6 players over $10mm and three of them make over $30mm! Arizona has two over $20mm with one over $30mm and no one else over $10mm.

Almost every team in the AL East that isn't the Yankees is projected for $15mm or more in the red this year.

Kansas City and Cleveland are both projected to end with $20mm+ in the green. Aside from the Tigers the AL Central is the healthiest division financially.

I cry every time I see Tanaka's and Joc Pedersen's $20m+ contracts.

And then these guys have the fucking nerve to bitch about not being starters. Fuck you Joc, you're batting .091 and being paid a fuck ton for it.

Rommel

I cry every time I see Tanaka's and Joc Pedersen's $20m+ contracts.

And then these guys have the fucking nerve to bitch about not being starters. Fuck you Joc, you're batting .091 and being paid a fuck ton for it.

At least Joc is gone after this year and maybe Tanaka depending on how the vesting option is structured.

Rommel

Dodgers have the highest budget at $312 million. The next highest is $260 million for the Phillies. Mine is $144 million.

Man I don't even know what I'd do with that kind of money. I'm at 154 and even though I'm in first place my owner is threatening to drop 20 mil off it next year. Losing Wong and Profar tanked my fan interest/attendance at the first half of the year and it's finally getting back to a normal level.

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: Aug 2, 2024
Notes: Dodgers let go of manager.

Indians have their highest budget of $170M after winning the WS and setting attendance records last season.

Man I don't even know what I'd do with that kind of money.

Me either.

My player payroll since the league started (rounded for simplicity):

2015: $103,000
2016: $ 82,000
2017: $ 64,000
2018: $ 82,000
2019: $ 74,000
2020: $ 70,000
2021: $ 45,000
2022: $ 93,000
2023: $ 88,000

Finally this year, I feel like I'm moving on up like George and Weezie @ $116,000. First thing I did upon taking over at the beginning was bring my guillotine and start lopping heads off, just in the hopes of eventually signing a player like Yamamoto as a FA.

Dodgers.

Please.

Hey man I'm happy for my expansive budget, but I'm not happy about the CPU making some completely absurd deals with that money. The amount of space I have to maneuver in is not reflected by the total budget because of that nonsense.

Hey man I'm happy for my expansive budget, but I'm not happy about the CPU making some completely absurd deals with that money. The amount of space I have to maneuver in is not reflected by the total budget because of that nonsense.

Yeah, but when you get out of your shit storm you'll still be heading to the bank under Dodger-blue skies. It ain't all bad. Start where you are and go forward. You've won (well, chosen. :p) the lottery in terms of organizational finances.

Yeah, but when you get out of your shit storm you'll still be heading to the bank under Dodger-blue skies. It ain't all bad. Start where you are and go forward. You've won (well, chosen. :p) the lottery in terms of organizational finances.

Very true. I'm not angry or anything, haha. I'm having fun :D

brentech

Finally got my top (non closer) relief pitcher back. Another 3 weeks and I get my all star 1st baseman back. Can't believe I survived this stretch. They missed like 3-4 months each.

My team went 6-18 in July. RIP post season dreams.

That's what happens when you don't re-sign the "wrecked" Buxton.

Edit: I've been missing 2 of my starting outfielders for most of the season, and I've just been treading water. I get both of them back in a few weeks, but I just lost an OF replacement for a month. I don't know what I would have done in the OF without signing Yamamoto this offseason. My OF just can't stay healthy these past couple seasons. I'm going to have to fire my groundskeeper. :p

That's what happens when you don't re-sign the "wrecked" Buxton.

Edit: I've been missing 2 of my starting outfielders for most of the season, and I've just been treading water. I get both of them back in a few weeks, but I just lost an OF replacement for a month. I don't know what I would have done in the OF without signing Yamamoto this offseason. My OF just can't stay healthy these past couple seasons. I'm going to have to fire my groundskeeper. :p

Must be his leadership. My team is all upset by a lack of veteran leadership.

Also Buxton didn't want to play for me anymore!

brentech

My last 3 seasons I have signed a veteran players just for their leadership. Though with Posey, I knew he'd be my starter as well.

Must be his leadership. My team is all upset by a lack of veteran leadership.

Also Buxton didn't want to play for me anymore!

Buxton's leadership ability is very low, but I'm not sure if this game gives long-term players any sort of veteran cachet that could stand in the place of natural leadership skills. Perhaps?

My last 3 seasons I have signed a veteran players just for their leadership. Though with Posey, I knew he'd be my starter as well.

I did this for a while when I was close to contention. And it was always Mauer.

And thanks Queso for continuing to waive pitchers that I can pick up and slot into my wrecked bullpen.

In other news, I'm eagerly anticipating 2025. Especially after going 8-18 in July.

Top Bottom