• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

;)

It was my old nemesis the Houston Astros. I swear my all time record versus Houston has to be drastically worse than any other team.

I called up the kid I got from ttk to bolster my rotation. Might call up the kid I got from Baltimore after this next sim.

I think an off season priority is a new SS. John Aiello is a better defender at third now and Joe Rizzo isn't consistent enough on offense for me to run a worse defensive line up.

One positive this season is that my Rule 5 CFer had gotten better offensively as the season has gone on. Although he's not doing too well in September.

One positive this season is that my Rule 5 CFer had gotten better offensively as the season has gone on. Although he's not doing too well in September.

For a kid to go to the majors after only having 50 games in AA, and still putting up positive WAR and a 101 OPS+ is fantastic. Always great to have a + ZR guy in CF too, and considering it's not even his primary position is impressive as hell.

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: Sept 22, 2024
Note: fuck, another losing streak for the Indians. I think I won 1 game, hold a 1 1/2 lead for the top WC spot in the AL now. Team has been sinking hard. I did finally get everyone healthy though, so hopefully with another week to fine tune themselves the team will start hitting again.

Love seeing Solis rewrite the GOBL RBI record book. (I mean since our league started - not the entire history that predates the GOBL inception.) Getting Yamamoto has really helped in that regard. He's on base so much and Solis just cleans 'em up. J. Joseph is having a mildly disappointing season though, by his standards.

Overall, I'm liking this year's Twins squad, but even if we get in, it will be down to a one-game lottery in the WC. Last year we didn't have Joseph. This year we've had a lot of injuries throughout the season, but we're mostly healthy at the moment. (Wish we hadn't lost Thorpe for the year.) If things can stay that way, we'll have as good a shot as anyone in the playoffs.

brentech

Date: Sept 29, 2024
Notes: Mariners' Mike Trout tore ankle ligaments - 4 week injury.
Mets' Zack Wheeler out 6 months, torn labrum.

Teams that have clinched a playoff spot:

Code:
AL                    NL

Royals                Diamondbacks
A's

Rommel

Date: Sept 29, 2024
Notes: Mariners' Mike Trout tore ankle ligaments - 4 week injury.
Mets' Zack Wheeler out 6 months, torn labrum.

Teams that have clinched a playoff spot:

Code:
AL                    NL

Royals                Diamondbacks
A's

As is tradition injuries racking up before the playoffs.

I've got a 1% chance at the playoffs and Manny's having a career year and is going to finish 2nd in WAR. A good season that just wasn't good enough. Hoping the team gets better from within and develops together. I've got money coming off the books but I think I want to keep my payroll down. Praying Vargas doesn't opt out and throw my plans into chaos.

Was first in total attendance but man the 2nd half of the season was horrible. Below .500% after the all star break. The Reds will probably end this run quick

Lol Jose Quintana pitched 10.1 innings allowing 0 runs and 2 hits on September 24th. We won the game but I don't get dumb shit like that

On October 2nd, his final start of the regular season, the 15-5 Alex Wood strains his rotator cuff and is out for the playoffs. Thisisfine.jpg

You have GOT to be kidding me!

Jarid Joseph - healthy all year every year since coming into the league, for the most part, but he will now miss his 3RD (bold, underline, italicize motherfucker) post-season out of a possible 5 with a (very) late season injury. Dude is only 28, but he's missing almost all his chances to shine. I'm not irritated. :p

I'd love to repay the favor from last year's WC game brent, but confidence is not at an all-time high. We'll see how it goes.

He has been expensive but well worth it. One of those trades that worked out both ways I think? Lawrie was a stud then he went for the $$$ yeah?

Yeah got exactly what I wanted from it. Couldn't afford Wood any longer and I got Lawrie for pretty cheap for a couple seasons. My team was still trash at the time but that was inevitable

Jose Quintana has been amazing this season. His rating is trash but he's been my best pitcher this season.

I wish Jimmy O'Brien wasn't injured could use his power

Holy shit just looked at the Dbacks pitching staff..

brentech

Sim: 3 days
Date: Oct 15, 2024
Notes: Each series should have two games played. Tomorrows sim will be another two games, that way people can make changes if anything goes to game five.

Series leads/info
All series are 2-0 leads. Indians > Royals. A's > Yankees. D'backs > Braves. Phillies > Brewers

Happy to have the lead over KC, but lost my #2 SP in the second inning of game 2.

Rommel

Jose Quintana has been amazing this season. His rating is trash but he's been my best pitcher this season.

I wish Jimmy O'Brien wasn't injured could use his power

Holy shit just looked at the Dbacks pitching staff..

Sadly I could never line up my elite offense with an elite pitching staff. Can't have it all :(

brentech

Sim: 5 days
Date: Oct 20, 2024
Notes: Download if you don't want spoilers, or:

Didn't have to stop sim, because only my own series needed to go to 5.
Outcomes Image:
efOsdo1.png

Damn some good games that round.

Can't believe the Royals won 3 straight!

Some close games in Atlanta. Quintana pitched great I don't know what got into him this season but he was awesome. Gonzalez pitched great game 4 just couldn't get any run support.

You got to beat the Phillies!

Rommel

Damn some good games that round.

Can't believe the Royals won 3 straight!

Some close games in Atlanta. Quintana pitched great I don't know what got into him this season but he was awesome. Gonzalez pitched great game 4 just couldn't get any run support.

You got to beat the Phillies!

Good series. I'm hoping I can get enough offense next series. I'm down 3 starters on my offense. Hopefully I'll be able to keep the Phillies offense down, but that is a tall order that's for sure.

brentech

Sim: 4 days
Date: Oct 24, 2024
Notes: NL series has played 3 games, AL series has played 2. Both are set to play on the same day so I didn't want to bring the NL to a possible brink when looking at the schedules.

Rommel

Well that went poorly. Barring injury I'm not making any changes so feel free to power through my series unless someone gets hurt.

brentech

Sim: 6 days
Date: Oct 30, 2024
Notes: League Championship Series is complete.

World Series teams:
A's vs Phillies ------------------------

Sorry Rommel! Sucks =/

Welp. Looks like my pitching has to beat Philly hitting. If that can happen, I think my guys have a chance. Phils #1 offense in NL, A's pitching fewest runs allowed in AL.

Chicken Jiang has been the MVP of both playoff series so far. I wish there was a guy named chicken in MLB, I'd wear a chicken hat to a game.

Rommel

Sorry Rommel! Sucks =/

Welp. Looks like my pitching has to beat Philly hitting. If that can happen, I think my guys have a chance. Phils #1 offense in NL, A's pitching fewest runs allowed in AL.

Chicken Jiang has been the MVP of both playoff series so far. I wish there was a guy named chicken in MLB, I'd wear a chicken hat to a game.

They haven't lost a game these playoffs. Sucks I lost so many bats just before.

6-the-notebook-quotes.gif

I like it. But it ain't over. PUT THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN BOYS. Go for the jugular! STOMP THE WILL TO LIVE OUT OF THEM! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!

Now I'm pumped for the offseason. Pitching coach retired and Vargas opted out. I could have offered him arbitration but I think I'll just take the salary room and see if I can find some way to improve my team next year. Wouldn't really have been in the spirit of the contract I offered him if I kept him through arbitration. Shed a ton of payroll declining team options. Probably need to completely rework my bullpen but I'll try to do it with in house options and on the cheap.

Congrats fuck the Phillies

Damn owner wanted me to give Freddie an extension even though he's already old as fuck.

Francona retired so now I have to find a new manager

At least my budget increased.

Did the Marlins get another new owner?

brentech

My 3B, Garcia, who won the AL batting avg award opted out. Not sure how I feel about it though. He had a much greater season than any other in his recent history. On the other hand, he was a massive part of my offense. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks all! feelsgoodman.jpg

Billy Beane has retired. Hung 'em up after winning his ring.

Looks like he wore #11 for the A's back in the day, think I'll retire his number.

Rommel

My owner was thrilled I made the playoffs after expecting only .500 ball at the best. My reward... cuts my budget by 6 mil... bastard... he's 81... how long will he hold on for?!

Top Bottom