• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OPM2 scores

Solid

Star Wars Battlefront (PS2, LucasArts): 4.5 / 5
Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS2, Sony): 5 / 5 ** Game of the Month **
The Bard's Tale (PS2, InXile Entertainment): 4.5 / 5
Monster Hunter (PS2, Capcom): 4 / 5
Katamari Damacy (PS2, Namco): 4.5 / 5
Headhunter: Redemption (PS2, Sega): 3 / 5
Conflict Vietnam (PS2, SCi): 2.5 / 5
Mega Man X: Command Mission (PS2, Capcom): 3.5 / 5
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone (PS2, Atari): 3.5 / 5
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (PS2, Atlus): 4.5 / 5
Under The Skin (PS2, Capcom): 3.5 / 5
TOCA Race Driver 2: The Ultimate Racing Simulator: (PS2, Codermasters): 4 / 5
Guilty Gear Isuka (PS2, Sammy): 4 / 5
Crash Twinsanity (PS2, Vivendi): 2.5 / 5
Shadow Hearts: Covenant (PS2, Midway): 4 / 5
Second Sight (PS2, Codemasters): 4 / 5
Choro Q (PS2, Atlus): 3.5 / 5
Gungrave: Overdose (PS2, Sega): 3.5 / 5
Terminator 3: The Redemption (PS2, Atari): 3.5 / 5
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus (PS2, Konami): 1 / 5
Robotech: Invasion (PS2, Global Star Software): 3 / 5
Time Crisis: Crisis Zone (PS2, Namco): 3.5 / 5
FIFA Soccer 2005 (PS2, EA): 5 / 5
NBA Live 2005 (PS2, EA): 4 / 5
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 (PS2, EA): 4.5 / 5

Demos
- Metal Gear Solid 3: The Snake Eater
- Neo Contra
- Area 51
- Silent Hill 4
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
- Robotech: Invasion
- Tak 2 - Need for Speed Underground 2
- Crash Twinsanity
- Fight Club
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Monster Hunter

I want this issue :(

aku:jiki

I just finished Sly 2 and I'm not feeling all the review love it's getting at all. Sure, it's pretty good, but it does so many things worse than the original. :(

Soul4ger

I understand the health bar is the same for all characters in multiplayer mode. That is to say, all four people share one thing of health. Seems pretty stupid.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I thought they might go easy on Battle Nexus since it had the original arcade game. That has to be worth a point. I think the one health bar idea is somewhat cool, but there should be an option to turn it off and give everyone their own.

Isn't Viewtiful Joe 2's multiplayer setup like that? Where both characters will share the set of hearts. I wonder how people will feel about that.

And I'm glad to see Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne scored higher than Shadow Hearts 2. I have a bet going with a friend that SMT:N will end up getting the better scores overall.

Thanks for ze scores. :)

Deepthroat said:
Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS2, Sony): 5 / 5 ** Game of the Month **

IAWTS.

Much, much better than the original. It does lose a little of it's straightforward platforming focus, but the addition of the other playable characters, the new mission system, and the expanded gameplay more than make up for it. I'm only 25% of the way through and I've probably played 10 hours already.

I was actually in the minority of people who did't completely love the first. Not only was it short, it was more than a little uninteresting. The only parts I really liked were when Carmelita was involved. Those parts actually had some pacing and nice banter.

Soul4ger said:
I understand the health bar is the same for all characters in multiplayer mode. That is to say, all four people share one thing of health. Seems pretty stupid.

As a game designer, I can see how this could be cool, but in certain, very specific kinds of games... and TMNT doesn't really seem to fit that bill.

Gek54

TOCA Race Driver 2: The Ultimate Racing Simulator

Damn codemasters if fucking cocky with this "Ultimate Racing Simulator" and calling CMR2005 the best rally game ever.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Gek54 said:
TOCA Race Driver 2: The Ultimate Racing Simulator

Damn codemasters if fucking cocky with this "Ultimate Racing Simulator" and calling CMR2005 the best rally game ever.

Your forget GT's full name.

Gran Turismo 4:The Real Driving Simulator

Gek54

Saying that the GT games are trying to simulate Real Driving isnt a big stretch, but Ultimate Racing Simulator is pushing a little further...unless TOCA RD2 is that good! I hope! :D

Ranger X

Didn't you play TOCA2 on the Xbox earlier this year Gek??

I hope it's going to be identical on the PS2... i mean, this game saves me after my ultimate deception of "no online for GT4". My hopes of a great time racing against humans lies in TOCA2!!
I was playing it on the Xbox and it was actually fucking great by the way.

"Demos
- Metal Gear Solid 3: The Snake Eater
- Neo Contra
- Area 51
- Silent Hill 4
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
- Robotech: Invasion
- Tak 2 - Need for Speed Underground 2
- Crash Twinsanity
- Fight Club
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Monster Hunter"

DDOTY