• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines |OT| Cursed for Life

In the first dungeon, it says I need a wooden tag to proceed. Is this a loot drop or do I need to go someplace I haven't found?

LX_Theo

Banned
Has anyone explained how the Forunate difficulty differs from the others? How does it combine the two it talks about?

LegatoB

In the first dungeon, it says I need a wooden tag to proceed. Is this a loot drop or do I need to go someplace I haven't found?
The color keys and the い/ろ/は tags can be found in the green chests in various dungeons. Not always the dungeon you're in right now.

Seda

Has anyone explained how the Forunate difficulty differs from the others? How does it combine the two it talks about?

I'm using it although I haven't experimented much. Seems like time passes quickly (hence the 30 hr expected total time) but you get high Glory (EXP) and money. Less battling but less chance to get items from battle maybe?

jzbluz

The difficulty feels pretty uneven. Normally it feels too easy, but I couldn't win the festival tournament, and I had to leave when I finally unlocked a new section of a labyrinth because the oni were too strong.

LX_Theo

Banned
I'm using it although I haven't experimented much. Seems like time passes quickly (hence the 30 hr expected total time) but you get high Glory (EXP) and money. Less battling but less chance to get items from battle maybe?

That sounds like that would be how "Keen" (or whatever the fast version was called).

Fortunate was described as a mode that mirrored the progression needed for people switching between the fastest and longest of the modes.

Seda

That sounds like that would be how "Keen" (or whatever the fast version was called).

Fortunate was described as a mode that mirrored the progression needed for people switching between the fastest and longest of the modes.

Ah Keen is seemingly even faster yeah. I didn't really have the frame of reference to compare yet.

Shouta

18 months seems to be bad luck, because the last 4 people to die on me have been at that exact age.

The characters are expected to be about 2 years but don't necessarily always go 24 months. In some cases, they'll survive a few more months than that. I had a few that lasted way longer than normal in the first OreShika.and some that didn't =(

Kalamoj

It doesn't. None of the online features work at all for me.
Same. Every time I've tried to turn on sharing with PSN, it gives a network connection error. I'm using a Vita TV in case it's some kind of compatibility problem.

Bummer. Anyway I'll start playing soon.

You can add me if you want, hopefully it will work soon. My ID is the same as my GAF username. Just put gaf into the request.

I need to never come back to this thread.

So tempted to download but I need to wait until the end of March to order my physical copy off play-asia.

Just went through my first
Festival of Demons
and got my first
artifact (Blossom Viewing Bottle)

By then my clan leader had hit 14 months, so I bred a new member, and immediately was informed of another
Festival of Demons
in a new location. So I guess I'm going to try that one too?

Seems to be going rather quickly. Very cool though! I can't compliment the visuals enough. The character art is just blowing me away. The list of gods, for example, was just one amazing-looking character design after another.

Why is there no english VO! At least then I wouldn't be experiencing these convolutions from hearing that I have to press the O button.

So my attempt to get a second relic didn't pan out, but I still got a bunch of experience/devotion/items/etc.

This game is reminding me a lot of roguelikes in that it has a ton of systems all working independently of you, and those systems tend to cross and interact to make for fun, semi-random combinations of events.

The gameplay is not rogue like at all, but the learning curve is.

edit: Also, the game is extremely Japanese, having Japanese voice just fits.

Stanng243

How are the additional gods only available during the first 2 weeks? Buying this will stretch my budget, but I'm considering it so I don't miss out.

I wouldn't worry about the gods. There are a few hundred gods, so you'll have plenty to choose from for breeding. No need to break the bank over two that you probably won't use.

Hikami

I need to make more children, I want a full party at all times.

Full party joint skills are great.
too bad I could only do it once, I need more children as well.
c51f88d89d.jpg

autoduelist

This game is sounding absolutely perfect to me. $20 is a fair price too, but every time I start to open my wallet I think about my backlog (and the fact that I'm halfway into a 50 hour game and have Operation Abyss preordered).

I need a kick in the ass to just get it.

Shizuka

This game is sounding absolutely perfect to me. $20 is a fair price too, but every time I start to open my wallet I think about my backlog (and the fact that I'm halfway into a 50 hour game and have Operation Abyss preordered).

I need a kick in the ass to just get it.

Look how pretty it is!

av4eCXx.jpg

I'm enjoying the game, I think you would too.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Downloading now. *rubs hands together*

I get to be part of GAF Oreshika crew woo

Nice haha have fun man.

Seriously its amusing as hell to see how your family turns out as the generations pass and their looks slightly change over time.

Amir0x

Banned
Nice haha have fun man.

Seriously its amusing as hell to see how your family turns out as the generations pass and their looks slightly change over time.

I like games that have non-traditional approaches to my favorite genres. Oreshika did the whole bloodline thing, which since I didn't play the previous games in the series sure seems mostly novel to me.

I mean there's a few other games I've played in the past that have toyed with such a concept (Rogue Legacy most recently), but I love the idea.

UCBooties

I decided to grab this to support the Vita and because the art style is gorgeous. Originally I was going to wait a couple weeks but I thought I'd better grab it while the extra offer was in effect. So far I love the presentation, character models in particular are a real treat.

The game itself is not grabbing me though in the way that I hoped it would. As others have mentioned, I am having a difficult time getting into a good groove with the pacing. It's still very early on, I haven't even completed a full year yet, but I feel like the gameplay cycle is very stop and start. Hopefully it will smooth out a bit as I unlock things.

One thing I am definitely having a hard time with is the slot machine mechanic. I haven't managed to get a single green text item yet. Since my understanding is that those are necessary to unlock new gods I'm pretty frustrated with how hard a time I am having with the slot machines...

Top Bottom