• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original arcade Narc has to be the most bizarre game ever

Grifter

Just fired it up in MAME and it's even weirder (and cheesier) than I recall, from the needle throwing crackheads that freeze the game when they hit you to the huge PCP freaks to the drug dogs to the knife wielding clowns to the giant head boss that explodes in a bath of giblets to the ending screen that tells to player to contact the local DEA. If the new one was 1/10 as perverse as this, it's a most-own.

belgurdo

Banned
The new one lets you take the drugs you're supposed to be destroying, which kind of shits all over what they were trying to do with the first game, but yeah, not much can top exploding drug dealers

Grifter

After you beat him, you fight his head.

Here's another one for the WTF perversity pile: Guardians of the Hood, Pit Fighter's semi-sequel (whatever happened to the announced Pit Fighter 2?)...lots of Atari games in those days were horrendous, all except Klax I think and I'm not even sure they really made that.

Wario64 said:
The boss in NARC is fucking hard IIRC, and pretty damn weird.

Yeah, I remember playing that in the arcade and wasting all $3.00 of my lunch money trying to beat him, but never accomplishing that task.

border

The boss in NARC is just cheap bullshit. I don't think it's possible for even a reasonably-seasoned gamer to beat him. If you die and continue, you come back with like 3 rockets....at the START of the boss battle. Since the machine gun is useless, you use the 3 rockets and die again. I assume that the only way to beat him is to walk in there with a massive accumulation of rockets (kind of difficult to acquire, given the intensity of the final stage) and kill him on the first try. Certainly not impossible, but you'd have to be pretty obsessive about it....

Top Bottom