• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| ArcheAge - Queuing Simulator 2014

Tash

I love reading about adventures like these. It is my understanding that you can't permanently lose your boat. You can have it destroyed where, like you said, you have to repair it. someone correct me if I'm wrong. At least you didn't have trade packs on you at the time.

Yup, it seems that way. We didn't know that when we got killed (we were a lvl 50 me at 42 and another friend at 24 who got jumped by two lvl 50s). I managed to kill one after they downed our lvl 50 (who was also steering the boat and thus was kind of like a sitting duck) but the second one came on board stealthed and I didn't see him fast enough.

So we respawned and immediately traveled back to where we got killed on our mounts, hoping to get a least another fight out of it. Only to realize we can just open a portal to the ship to have it appear again. I actually streamed the whole incident but I forgot I was in highest graphics so the stream is incredibly choppy :(

I also thought (before realizing we can get the boat back) that the whole incident was super funny and fun. I was actually laughing my butt off while waiting for respawn.

With that said, are there any streaming pros around (I am using OBS) who could maybe help me a bit with better settings? Pretty much using the default suggestions from the setup guide but other than that I have no clue what I am doing or what I CAN do to increase the quality of my stream.

notworksafe

Name: Firrangreat
Server: Aranzeb
Region: East
Level: 25
Play Time: randomly around 7p-11p PST during the weekdays. More on weekends.

Won

Workers compensations do feel a bit mandatory at the moment for me. And since it looks like that people ran out of the founder credits, the price on them in the auction house nearly doubled. Gonna have to settle for one per day instead of two soon.

Also managed to catch my first sport fish. Pretty neat stuff, took me 3 tries with only 5k in fishing. Had to hotkey the skillbar for it. But with 4g17s not worth it doing it alone till I figure out some of the finer details.

Ferrio

Banned
So only way to get worker's comp items is real money eh?

Also those points you gain while crafting/etc... can they be used somehow? I thought I read something about the blue salt people, but haven't found shit.

Ashodin

Workers compensations do feel a bit mandatory at the moment for me. And since it looks like that people ran out of the founder credits, the price on them in the auction house nearly doubled. Gonna have to settle for one per day instead of two soon.

Also managed to catch my first sport fish. Pretty neat stuff, took me 3 tries with only 5k in fishing. Had to hotkey the skillbar for it. But with 4g17s not worth it doing it alone till I figure out some of the finer details.

So what you're saying is to sell my Worker's Compensation from loyalty. Gotcha

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

LABOUR

I'm contemplating getting into fishing but from what I've read it's not worth it unless you get a full boat full of people atm :(

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

I believe all the stuff purchased with loyalty points are bound, only the ones purchased with gems can be traded/sold.

HowZatOZ

Banned
So people are spending money to buy them then throwing them up on the AH for gold?

Yep, that's the goal in trying to kill off gold spammers. A lot of games are doing it now, most prominently EVE. By actually giving players a legitimate way of making gold from real world selling it stops gold spammers getting a foot up because players will just go buy Apex for $10 and get whatever the gold amount is.

Seriously? Was interested in trying this, now not so much. The ability to steal and grief without consequence will do nothing but attract the worst possible gamers -- the kiddies who have too much time on their hands and no conscience to speak of -- to the servers; doubly so because the game is free (and free players are essentially encouraged to steal from others to make progress, as far as I can tell).

Sounds less like a MMO, more like 'Somalia Simulator 2014'. (Admittedly, I'm still a little curious, but the whole 'free for all' gameplay seems like such an unnecessary throwback...)

I don't know about you, but I came from EverQuest 1 PvP.

Somalia Simulator 2014 sounds like a damn blast

Vyrance

So I got started tonight on Calleil as Vyrance. Decided to patron it up for 3 months and see how it goes. If anyone is on that server /friend me!

K.Sabot

As far as I can tell the economy on my server has been obliterated to the point where F2P is no longer feasible.

APEX is far out of reach for us plebs.

Ashodin

I love the screenshot tools in this game mang

zAO2i7N.jpg

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
Anyone else nubbing it up on inoch? I'm a 38 death warden and I'm HOOKED on this game, so much going on.

Tash

was 24g and now it's up to 70g something (Apex that is)

Looking through my screen - I just realized those guys were behind us for quite a while. Didn't really pay attention to them until they attacked :p

8lf33jN.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
First section of my house built, also crafted my first weapon. Guess the first dungeon is coming up too. Do you need a shield to tank? I have all the tools for tanking, but I use a 2hander and I'd hate to have to acquire a sword/shield.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
First section of my house built, also crafted my first weapon. Guess the first dungeon is coming up too. Do you need a shield to tank? I have all the tools for tanking, but I use a 2hander and I'd hate to have to acquire a sword/shield.
Sheild gives armor hp and mp bonus, blocking is also 100% damage mitigation I believe.

Azull

Holy shit fellas, it's 3:00 pm EST here and there is literally no queues on any of the servers on NA. Am I dreaming?

nataku

Holy shit fellas, it's 3:00 pm EST here and there is literally no queues on any of the servers on NA. Am I dreaming?

There wasn't a server restart from what I saw, either. They usually do it in the morning at 8pm PST, right in the middle of what would be my play time, to clear the servers of bots and afkers.

timkunedo

Queues are fixed for the most part. Last night i was in one on Kyrios for about 30 minutes, but for the most part the queues are super fast. We'll see how they hold up over the weekend. The afk fixes did the trick.

Do I want to play this game? :)

Don't. It will drive you crazy (...knowing you forgot to harvest those jujube trees out in the wild this morning and you're already late for work...and you hope that when you come back they will still be there...but not so much because you're in the most populated NA server...i'm looking at you Kyrios) Avoid this game.

Whenever I start the game from the launcher it can take like 5-10 minutes for the window with the game to pop up. Other times it just won't start at all. Anyone else get this? I'm running the game off an SSD.

Azull

Whenever I start the game from the launcher it can take like 5-10 minutes for the window with the game to pop up. Other times it just won't start at all. Anyone else get this? I'm running the game off an SSD.

Yeah this happens sometimes to me, usually I close it in the task manager after a minute and re-open it. That works pretty well.

timkunedo

The only time I've had a similar issue with the game just sitting there and not starting was with Microsoft Security Essentials. I had to disable the real time protection. May not be your problem though.

Ravijn

Do you hate having free time? If your answer is yes, than you why the hell aren't you playing already?

lol :)

Do you want to ride on the backs of amazing sabretoothed beasts

You have my attention.

Don't. It will drive you crazy (...knowing you forgot to harvest those jujube trees out in the wild this morning and you're already late for work...and you hope that when you come back they will still be there...but not so much because you're in the most populated NA server...i'm looking at you Kyrios) Avoid this game.

I do enjoy farming and such. But I do not enjoy being late for work. Decisions, decisions.

I'll give it a shot this weekend.

Azull

God dammit. Went to eat, came back and got kicked out. Now I'm #290 in Queue and counting...I thought the afk timer was like 30 minutes.

Ferrio

Banned
Sheild gives armor hp and mp bonus, blocking is also 100% damage mitigation I believe.

Doesn't answer the question, yes I know i'll take less damage but usually first dungeons are pretty easy and don't require you to tryhard. Curious if that was the case.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Apparently hackers/botters are getting the landspots without having the character even present. :( and I was hoping to go landhunting during the night for spots that will open up over the next few days :(

Top Bottom