• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| ArcheAge - Queuing Simulator 2014

brennok

Neo Member
Figured I would finally try this game, but there are still queues.

It looks like Ezi and East is the server of choice?

I don't know anyone playing.

Ravijn

Figured I would finally try this game, but there are still queues.

It looks like Ezi and East is the server of choice?

I don't know anyone playing.

You can add me. In game name - Oskar.

I've been playing this damn game all day...

Ashodin

Finished my house... now I'm not sure what I wanna do profession wise. I've tried doing farms out in the middle of no where (I mean on mountains and shit where you have to do upgraded glider stuff to get to) and it's still found. Maybe weaponcraft? But everytime I do that in an mmo it fails since weapons don't break and the demand falls off. I can't really do trade runs since I don't have stealth, so it has to be something else. Just don't know what might be in demand.
Weapons break in this game.

And yeah I wouldn't mind some Ezi east crew. I play mostly at night with the SO though

Ferrio

Banned
Weapons break in this game.

And yeah I wouldn't mind some Ezi east crew. I play mostly at night with the SO though

How do they break? I've seen nothing about degrading.

So I went out into the outbounds of a map with a lot of glidering around. You know the places where they really didn't design anything, pretty much just flat hills filled with almost nothing. Set up a 20 tree forest... let's see if it's th ere when it's time to harvest.

nataku

The more I play this game, the more annoyed I get with some of the stupid design issues they have in this game.

Things like putting a quest item on a boss in a dungeon, but not letting the corpse of the boss stick around long enough for the person who died to run back and loot it.

This is a short dungeon, too (Sharpwind Mines) so it's not like the run back takes forever. A minute, at most.

Ferrio

Banned
So I went out into the outbounds of a map with a lot of glidering around. You know the places where they really didn't design anything, pretty much just flat hills filled with almost nothing. Set up a 20 tree forest... let's see if it's th ere when it's time to harvest.

Well someone found them, uprooted half of them.. left foot prints though. Baskerville you're on my shit list!

Ashodin

How do they break? I've seen nothing about degrading.

When you upgrade (regrade) they can break at a higher level.

ExVicis

Alright Gaf, I'm interested in ArcheAge now. Gonna pick a server and make a character. Anything I should know about that isn't mentioned in the OT?

Tash

Not quite the same thing.

When you die your gear loses dura (it's in the item info window when you mouse over it).
ie.
Waist
10/120
Once it reaches zero it will no langer grant the stats or work. You can repair at a blacksmith

nothing

Anyone else nubbing it up on inoch? I'm a 38 death warden and I'm HOOKED on this game, so much going on.

I'm on Inoch. Rolled East side as a Harrani. Level 39 Currently. Add: Permavoid - if you're East as well and we can link up this evening if you're on.

Tash

I officially suck at PVP. I think i'll just farm, gather, and fish and be happy.

I think 20?

Did you try arena? :)
the first dungeon quests get offered at 20 but they are super hard to the point of not possible if you do them at the lowest possible level. Ie. Howling abyss quests you get at 42 but you really want yo wait until 50 because of the gear needed

It's official: I am in love with Hasla, such a beautiful zone

Ferrio

Banned
When you die your gear loses dura (it's in the item info window when you mouse over it).
ie.
Waist
10/120
Once it reaches zero it will no langer grant the stats or work. You can repair at a blacksmith

Again not what I mean. I meant it should break completely, unrepairable after enough use. I guess they originally had that in this game but yanked it. So disappointing, makes armorsmithing/weaponsmithing in games near useless.

Also damn the tree thieves. Set up a big farm. Woke up this morning right when it was time to harvest....log in and there's 2 people there waiting at my farm for the trees to mature. Had to log fast as I could. Think I got maybe 1/2 the crop at most.

Tash

Again not what I mean. I meant it should break completely, unrepairable after enough use. I guess they originally had that in this game but yanked it. So disappointing, makes armorsmithing/weaponsmithing in games near useless.

Also damn the tree thieves. Set up a big farm. Woke up this morning right when it was time to harvest....log in and there's 2 people there waiting at my farm for the trees to mature. Had to log fast as I could. Think I got maybe 1/2 the crop at most.
Maybe for non end game crafted gear but the amount of luck and material you need for proper end game armor or weapons is ridiculous, so no, thanks. Not with their current crafting system.
Crafted gear is the best in the game btw

Is there any way to make some quick gold at low lvl (lvl 28 atm) , apex prices are shooting up super fast on my server it seems... would be nice to buy a few months of patron before the prices double again;\

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Is there any way to make some quick gold at low lvl (lvl 28 atm) , apex prices are shooting up super fast on my server it seems... would be nice to buy a few months of patron before the prices double again;\

Are you a patron? Stone is always in hot demand.

ExVicis

Is there disenchanting or something like that in this game? Wondering if I should just vendor sell my old equipment or hold onto it for something more useful.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Is there disenchanting or something like that in this game? Wondering if I should just vendor sell my old equipment or hold onto it for something more useful.

Buy Evenstones from a general merchant. It's what you should really do with ALL your equipment, as it's one of the few ways to get archeum.

bokn

Banned
So patron helps people make gold in order to buy apex, driving up the price so that only those people on patron can afford it and at the same time inflating the economy so that only people on patron can make any relevant gold??

Teletraan1

Banned
So patron helps people make gold in order to buy apex, driving up the price so that only those people on patron can afford it and at the same time inflating the economy so that only people on patron can make any relevant gold??

It is very patronizing.

I bought patron with gold, yesterday my friend bought patron with gold, and a bunch of guys from my guild got patron with gold. It's very much possible without having patron before.

Ferrio

Banned
Eh escuse me, pardon me... I seem to be stuck. Anyone? Help?
Thank god for the escape command

ihsbp6h.jpg

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Anyone else get weird combat lag occasionally? The game doesn't stop but the enemies will freeze for a second and so will my spells.

I'm on Kyrios if that matters which is a high pop server. Maybe a server issue.

Ravijn

Anyone else get weird combat lag occasionally? The game doesn't stop but the enemies will freeze for a second and so will my spells.

I'm on Kyrios if that matters which is a high pop server. Maybe a server issue.

Yep. Happens all the time on Ezi.

Won

Man, log and lumber prices are in the toilet in the ah and they don't stop going down. Was a nice and easy way to make gold on the side, but at this point I have to rethink what I'm doing with my large farm, beside trees and more trees.

Probably gonna need to start up a twink so I can set up a farmer's workbench.

K.Sabot

This is my hell, and I've been losing motivation to play seeing the economy blow up like that.

Mirk

If anyone is playing west on Lucius feel free to add me! ign is Mirk. A few friends and I have a nice bit of land in Sanddeep.

Ferrio

Banned
Man, log and lumber prices are in the toilet in the ah and they don't stop going down. Was a nice and easy way to make gold on the side, but at this point I have to rethink what I'm doing with my large farm, beside trees and more trees.

Probably gonna need to start up a twink so I can set up a farmer's workbench.

How much is lumber going for you? My server it's about 1g=10logs. Not sure if that's good or not. Can't decide what professions I wanna go with. Too many factors...do I want a money maker or something that benefits me. Do I want to do a craft or just be a gatherer.
I'm leaning weapon crafting since my character swaps between 3 different weapons, but that has always bit me in the ass in ever game I've ever played.

Won

How much is lumber going for you? My server it's about 1g=10logs. Not sure if that's good or not. Can't decide what professions I wanna go with. Too many factors...do I want a money maker or something that benefits me. Do I want to do a craft or just be a gatherer.
I'm leaning weapon crafting since my character swaps between 3 different weapons, but that has always bit me in the ass in ever game I've ever played.

It went below 5 silver per log today. I usually put 20 aspen trees up on my large farm. If my math doesn't fail me that adds up to 10g profit for 400 labor a day. Doesn't even pay for a labor pot at this point, so it just cripples me at the things I actual want to do.

Ashodin

I'm glad personally, trees need are a real birch ha ha to get for various goods to craft. If it's cheaper to buy, I'm in. I'll sell my stone for 28g per hour all day.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm glad personally, trees need are a real birch ha ha to get for various goods to craft. If it's cheaper to buy, I'm in. I'll sell my stone for 28g per hour all day.

Wait stone is going for how much? Damn I should look into stone instead of trees.

Ravijn

Wow 20 trees fit on a large scarecrow?

Bah hope lumber prices don't crash on my server.

How tough is it to do that quest/trade route for the large scarecrow farm? I know you have to go through enemy territory and possibly the ocean to deliver.

I almost have my donkey. I just gotta get more goose feathers.

Ferrio

Banned
How tough is it to do that quest/trade route for the large scarecrow farm? I know you have to go through enemy territory and possibly the ocean to deliver.

I almost have my donkey. I just gotta get more goose feathers.

I have yet to do it. I want to but with the risk I'd rather wait till I'm 50. I don't have stealth so I'd have to find passage via soemone's boat, or else I'm not going to make it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I have yet to do it. I want to but with the risk I'd rather wait till I'm 50. I don't have stealth so I'd have to find passage via soemone's boat, or else I'm not going to make it.

I did that quest at the start, it's fine. Don't go by yourself, don't go at peak hours. Something like 2am PST. And go with a large group.

sophora

Made it to Sanddeep yesterday and took a glider off the airship docked there. Just wow...gliding that high was pretty lovely. Lots of plateaus there too, I landed on a couple in hopes of finding secret farms but no luck. Though placing a home there with a small farm seems like it'd be a lovely place to own.

Top Bottom