• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| ArcheAge - Queuing Simulator 2014

Man, Halcyona is a miserable gank fest.

I've played on a bunch of pvp servers in my mmo's and accept what comes with them but rarely have I experienced high/max levels camping lowbies for so long.

I guess f2p games brings more of this and if you're paying to play something, you'd more likely do something worthwhile.

But having a group of level 50's hiding behind tents at a quest boss and still ganking you while you are about to kill the mob just screams of people with nothing better to do. Ah well :/

And having played 2 characters to max on the Korean client, I also never saw this in AA mid/low zones. Halcyona (lvl 30+ zone) atm is making me not want to continue.

The ganking I can live with (barely), but it's the horrible respawning after a gank, sending you to literally, the other side of the map each time, even though temples/healers are scattered throughout.

Ashodin

Are you running through while it's not under truce? Cuz that helps.

Also did the first dungeon (Palace Caves) with my fiancee. We were overleveled, and were able to two man it. Damn it was fun, and just the right length. Loot wasn't bad either, as well as a follow up quest to run it three more times to get a title. We'll be grinding that one out. Oh you get a sick cloak too.

Ravijn

Ok so I made a Elf Battlerage and am digging the game.

I assume the labor point system is in place to stop people from power leveling through professions?

i just picked this game up and the queue times remind me of vanilla wow. it looks interesting but the big downside to me is that you can't customize your ui like in wow. i rolled a archer class and have no idea what the best leveling class is. i keep on hearing about stone arrow and primevil. and ... being able to autoshot while in movement = kiting goodness. kreygasm.

Love to sail in this game.

68w8wt4.jpg

Sucks that sometimes I have to de-summon the boat and go stealth into the water or the bad guys will wreck it. xD

Ashodin

Oh the coolest thing about dungeons is that they are 3 manned. So if you have 2 people and are higher leveled, you can duo them. Makes it REALLY fun, and you can sell the drops you get instead of using them!

Our plan tonight is to head back in and try to get the unique weapons, the Never-Burning Flame greatsword, and the Fire-Spitting Bow.

I'm not sure who plays Ezi on West side.

East side fo life

Ravijn

Oh the coolest thing about dungeons is that they are 3 manned. So if you have 2 people and are higher leveled, you can duo them. Makes it REALLY fun, and you can sell the drops you get instead of using them!

Our plan tonight is to head back in and try to get the unique weapons, the Never-Burning Flame greatsword, and the Fire-Spitting Bow.

I'm not sure who plays Ezi on West side.

East side fo life

Well I'm only level 7 so I can just make a new character on the east. :)

Tell me what server to roll and I'll join at my own pace and leisure. Im not gonna subscribe but if you give me access to your farm I will harvest the shit out of your livestock and raise some mounts.

Ashodin

http://arche-base.com/builds/view/24606-Argent_Planeswalker#1.4.10/8g27J3lAkUE

Working on a build for Argent that's aaaaaaaaaaalll about movement and teleporting. I love teleporting in MMOs, and having a big 2H plate-wearer teleport into your face just sounds awesome.

I'm tweaking it here and there, but it's really mobile and fun to play. I can't wait to get to 50 to really try it out.

Also I have to say that Trion really named a lot of the classes some badass names.

Edgewalker, Hex Warden, etc. Really makes me want to try 'em all!

Einbroch

Banned
Hearing stories really, really make me want to play this, but my internet is absolutely atrocious from 2PM-8PM, cutting out for a minute or two every 30-45 minutes. Not a big deal in this kind of game where you can just do your own thing, but the biggest issue being if you get kicked from queue you go all the way to the back. It doesn't save your spot for 30-90 seconds like the actual game does.

Sucks, as I want to play, but I simply cannot.

Ravijn

Ash, I made a cat on your side. Add me if you want. Name is Oskar.

Edit - And now the game crashes when I select my character....

Made a char on EU nui (no queues there)

Some questions:
-servers seem laggy, the combat feels unresponsive and npcs don't react immediately, is that normal

-which of the graphics settings are the most fps destroying? I've turned everything to a mix of medium-high on my hd6870 and phenom II but there's still fps hiccups and on all very high I clearly run out of vram and it's unplayable.

-I just got the tradequest to make the arcum iris flower , do I have to do that now or can i just leave it for later? Seems like a pain in the ass and I don't know any trade routes or w/e to get to the other continents
Is it even worth bothering with since I can"t have a farm as f2p player?

-is anyone else playing on nui or about to make a char on that server (EU)

Azull

Some questions:
-servers seem laggy, the combat feels unresponsive and npcs don't react immediately, is that normal

-which of the graphics settings are the most fps destroying? I've turned everything to a mix of medium-high on my hd6870 and phenom II but there's still fps hiccups and on all very high I clearly run out of vram and it's unplayable.

Do you use AVG? If you do, that is the cause without a doubt. It's scanning every single file while your playing the game which is why you're having general slow down overall.

nataku

Always fun when your running back from death after dying on the last boss of a dungeon and everyone leaves the party, which then kicks you from the dungeon before you can get an item you need off the boss.

forrest

formerly nacire
Had to hang up my hat a couple days ago and uninstall the game. Got to about level 35 or so and while I was enjoying it a bit, it kind of felt a bit lackluster in the pve leveling department. Also playing by myself was pretty boring and I wasn't paying for any of the boosts or labor points so everything was kind of a creep if it involved crafting, harvesting, err well just about anything aside from shooting mobs and most quests.

Ashodin

A shame forrest, yeah the game is f2p and mainly the f2p users do PVP, so I understand if everything else wasn't your thing without paying

Ravijn

I like the fact that there are hidden quests and such to find. I don't know why I enjoy finding them... I just do.

When is it viable to start crafting? It doesn't seem like I would be able to do it at my current level. Seems like I would need a house/farm to be able to get wool to make clothes, etc.

Ashodin

I like the fact that there are hidden quests and such to find. I don't know why I enjoy finding them... I just do.

When is it viable to start crafting? It doesn't seem like I would be able to do it at my current level. Seems like I would need a house/farm to be able to get wool to make clothes, etc.

You're correct, and I started crafting ASAP. Some of the higher stuff needs high proficiency in it.

Einbroch

Banned
Four hours in queue because you can't bypass the queue to delete a character...and still 75% of the queue to go.

Update: Five hours, still not in to simply delete a character.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Which is cool and all, but watch me get put in queue for another 3 hours. Which I just went through.

Just watch the button on the launcher, it'll turn to Play when the servers are up.

Zero2kz

Usually the first 20 or so minutes after it comes back live after a restart is pretty safe from queues. From what I have experienced so far.

Ferrio

Banned
Finished my house... now I'm not sure what I wanna do profession wise. I've tried doing farms out in the middle of no where (I mean on mountains and shit where you have to do upgraded glider stuff to get to) and it's still found. Maybe weaponcraft? But everytime I do that in an mmo it fails since weapons don't break and the demand falls off. I can't really do trade runs since I don't have stealth, so it has to be something else. Just don't know what might be in demand.

NIN90

Always crashes after a few minutes with no error code and just brings up the Hackshield Troubleshooting site. Too bad, game seemed kinda neat.

nataku

Always crashes after a few minutes with no error code and just brings up the Hackshield Troubleshooting site. Too bad, game seemed kinda neat.

Hacksheild is terrible. I get kicked from the game randomly with that same site popping up. Happened in a dungeon last night, luckily I wasn't fighting a boss at the time.

Won

Hit 50 today. Leveled mostly with fishing/farming/trade runs, so now I need some level 50 gear. :(

Gave sport fishing a shot. Not very good, but not super horrible either. I can see it being a decent money maker with a higher skill level. Just need to get some guildmates into fishing.

Topper

Is there a quest you get for building a boat or something you just have to craft on your own? What level should i start building a boat, i'm lvl 32 now. I finally found a place to put my small scarecrow yesterday.

Top Bottom