• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Pacquio vs Marquez III (11/12/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNatural

My Member!
THE NO LIFE KING said:
It saddens me to see this thread struggling on its first page while tonights UFC fight is on five pages.

:(

Maybe if boxing got its shit together and people did get screwed out of $130 or so to watch the last two PPV's that ended in a cheapshot KO and a takedown resulting in a dislocated shoulder and about 6 rounds of boxing total, there would be more interest.

And the last Marquez fight looked like the most fixed fight I've ever seen in my life, I bet Pacquaio knocks Marquez out in under 6 rounds. Something is fishy about this.

TheNatural said:
Maybe if boxing got its shit together and people did get screwed out of $130 or so to watch the last two PPV's that ended in a cheapshot KO and a takedown resulting in a dislocated shoulder and about 6 rounds of boxing total, there would be more interest.

And the last Marquez fight looked like the most fixed fight I've ever seen in my life, I bet Pacquaio knocks Marquez out in under 6 rounds. Something is fishy about this.
There is so much guaranteed money now before fighters even get in the ring, and such pathetically hand picked opponents, that the big fights now all turn into glorified exhibitions. I've said it before, but I honestly woildnt be surprised if Floyd and Manny's camps are in cahoots to avoid fighting each other as long as
possible so they can keep their golden geese alive.

TheNatural

My Member!
Ninja Scooter said:
There is so much guaranteed money now before fighters even get in the ring, and such pathetically hand picked opponents, that the big fights now all turn into glorified exhibitions. I've said it before, but I honestly woildnt be surprised if Floyd and Manny's camps are in cahoots to avoid fighting each other as long as
possible so they can keep their golden geese alive.

I agree 100%.

Signed,

David Haye.

I love watching old fights... but the pay-per-view format has totally killed what used to be the most popular sport in America. :(

Baby Milo

Wow prescott always looks brilliant early in the fight and then always falls apart late

that Amir rematch is never happening now

see5harp

Wow. That was actually one of the best fights I've seen all year. Prescott should have just kept that jab going. Alvarado was getting beat all fight and Prescott just ran out of steam.

TheNatural

My Member!
I'm expecting either Marquez to be so over the hill that Pacquaio finishes him under 6 rounds, but as an addition, I am also expecting "kind Manny" to show up and bang out a boring 12 round decision as Marquez gives a Mosely esque "pin me, pay me" effort.

Bullza2o

Gonna be a good fight, although Pacquiao is a lot better now with his right hand. I'd say round 9 or 10 if this ends early.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
facepalm007 said:
Prescott got knocked down.
Alvarado delivered more uppercuts, and the ref stopped it.

Thought the stoppage was a tad premature, but that was a good fight.

Prescott was a dead man walking.

see5harp

Baby Milo said:
yeah um no

khan needs to fight the winner of berto-ortiz

Well obviously I'm joking. No one wants to see Alvarado fight anyone, I'm just saying it would make sense as a business move.

Cloudy

Banned
facepalm007 said:
Thought the stoppage was a tad premature, but that was a good fight.

Ref probably let it go too long. He didn't throw anymore punches after he got knocked down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom