• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Pacquio vs Marquez III (11/12/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchap

Ether_Snake said:
Never saw Marquez fight, but I cannot imagine for one second that he has any slight shadow of a chance.

Styles make fights, and Marquez has a style that is kryptonite to Manny

Noshino

hoos30 said:
Well, Velasquez did go down in a blaze....Or was it a flash?

I blinked and it was over!

Ether_Snake said:
Never saw Marquez fight, but I cannot imagine for one second that he has any slight shadow of a chance.

I would say Marquez is the one that has actually put up a match again Manny, hell, the results of the first and second fights are still questioned.

Baby Milo said:
you think he has a chance getting dragged two weight divisions up at 38 years old?

I don't think he's going to win, but to say he has no chance at all given the fact that he's already given Pac problems twice isn't fair to Marquez.

jchap

Baby Milo said:
you think he has a chance getting dragged two weight divisions up at 38 years old?

They weigh the same... When they fought at lightweight Manny came in fight night at 144... tonight hes 146! He is not a real welterweight.

They are the same size.

Noshino

Baby Milo said:

Normally? No

But once again, we are talking about Marquez, he has actually given Manny a beating

I was going to go out to a bar and pay the cover to watch the fight since my roommate isn't home, but the place is fucking full. Now I'm stuck at home trying to find a stream. Yeah, I'm desperately asking for a PM, here.

see5harp

Good feeling out round for both fighters. I recently went back to watch all of the early Pac fights and it's sorta crazy how much smarter he is now. He was basically a pit bull in those early days.

see5harp

I don't think either fighter wants to be the first to go. If Marquez waits too long though, Manny will just outpoint him to the finish. Manny always turns it up with a minute to go in the round.

Noshino

TheNatural said:
Why is Pacman not producing in bulk? He's pulling a GSP so far, too much gameplan thinking, not enough throwdown.

He can't do that shit, Marquez is reading his moves.

Just look at Manny go forward, and Marquez take a step back and come back with 2 punches.

Manny needs to either be quicker, or just be less predictable, Marquez is timing all of his punches.

Baby Milo

TheNatural said:
Why is Pacman not producing in bulk? He's pulling a GSP so far, too much gameplan thinking, not enough throwdown.
its crazy what happens when your not fighting a punching bag

2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom