• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[OT] This Winnie the Pooh Flash Game is Way Too Hard for Its Target Audience

Gintoki

Okay, I didn't have trouble beating all of those before tiger. But I'm now stuck at tiger, hes going down today.

The fuck is the secret to getting a home run? I can't even beat fucking Eeyore in the fucking English version. Hitting it in the middle usually gets a foul and I always miss when I try to follow the ball's shadow. This is NES difficult alright.

Wow, this game is pretty neat! I readily tell all types of children to try it out, because baseball is a foundation upon which you can build other traits that segue into a healthy love blooming.

When I was growing up our school baseball's team wasn't the biggest draw when it came to extra-curriculars , but it did magnetize certain girls to wanting the coordinated, patient boy that is crafted when this sport is played. From the several play-throughs of this little web trick, Pooh is delivering that same tried and true message he has always espoused: When you put the lumber into the grind, even though sometimes you may have to try again twice due to unforeseen circumstances, sometimes you can attract a pal :D

397190.jpg

This was me in grade school through middle school. Lexi was her name, and some people had told me from a young age that she really adored ballmen. So I took up the sport! It taught me how to play with others and run faster. One day at recess I ran towards Lexi as hard as I could, showing her my fastest strides, haha. I tagged her and ran off, just like tagging out an opponent stealing third base before running back to center field to catch the next fly ball!

Luckily things got even better in middle school when in the seventh grade Lexi axed me to the Sadie Hawkin's dance. Finally, my years of baseball training had served it's purpose! There were so many nights I would practice instead of hanging out with my friend over the years, and when I would march off the field after a particularly trying game of catch I could just sit alone in my room and hold my glove and stitched ball to my forehead, trying to keep the weeping at bay. Would it pay off, would my hard work be rewarded? In seventh grade Lexi made it so :D

I'm going to pass this game around because I know some kids who need the motivation will use it to prompt them into joining their baseball team. This game even features the same principles! Face different opponents but keep your skill slowly building, until eventually you double your friends and are able to say you've been to at least one dance growing up :)

CassSept

Great, now people are driven insane by this game. That's just dandy.

Edit: Oh God, I just checked TV Guide and The Tigger Movie airs within an hour. Noooooooooooooooooooo.

$200

Banned
27/50 first time vsing Christopher Robin. Gotta say he's not as bad as I thought he would be. Doesn't mean I will beat him though...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The fuck is the secret to getting a home run? I can't even beat fucking Eeyore in the fucking English version. Hitting it in the middle usually gets a foul and I always miss when I try to follow the ball's shadow. This is NES difficult alright.

The sweet spot of the bat is more towards the end of the bat, not the middle. Aim for the circle. Like most baseball games these days, hitting the middle of the bat instead of the sweet spot will at best produce regular hits that won't leave the ballpark. Not surprising you're just getting fouls.

yogloo

Got to tigger. Owl was frustrating when I got 18 homeruns several times in a row. Tigger is pretty out there for now, but I am only half upgraded, so there is still hope for me... I guess.
Also, reading about this game is funner than playing it.

XEROWUN

Neo Member
thanks!

here is what i noticed, every time you successfully hit the ball, it resets your bat/orientation so you have less time to adjust before the next pitch. because pooh is drifting/slow even if you react fast enough, it doesn't hit where you want to hit. so one way of setting your self up is miss every other ball so you can prepare for the next pitch.

Tl;Dr fuck this game

EloquentM

aka Mannny
thanks!

here is what i noticed, every time you successfully hit the ball, it resets your bat/orientation so you have less time to adjust before the next pitch. because pooh is drifting/slow even if you react fast enough, it doesn't hit where you want to hit. so one way of setting your self up is miss every other ball so you can prepare for the next pitch.

Tl;Dr fuck this game
you should upgrade pooh's speed.

Fisico

Fuck Robin, seriously

Manage to do 19/50, I can see myself reaching 25 maybe 30, but 40 are you fucking serious this guy has no pattern, it's impossible.

KAOz

Short bus special
Owl.

Owl you piece of shit.

I am going to wreck you. I have defeated everyone prior to you, and I will have you too. I shall wear your plucked feathers as a hat. Your blood shall be my facepaint of war. And by the Gods will your beak be the tip of the Judas Cradle on which I will place Tigger.

YOU FUCK!

I love this game.

I'm at my neighbor's house playing this game with his son and we can't figure out how to access the upgrade menu! He wanted to play it in Japanese, as I'm told he's always been fascinated with Kanji, even before he could speak. I didn't quite need to use enhancements when I played (I was always taught steroids were wrong) so I never explored how to find them, but I'll cut him some slack since he's a little tyke, hah!

Really, he's at the Owl and we can't find the upgrades anywhere.

Geneijin

I'm at my neighbor's house playing this game with his son and we can't figure out how to access the upgrade menu! He wanted to play it in Japanese, as I'm told he's always been fascinated with Kanji, even before he could speak. I didn't quite need to use enhancements when I played (I was always taught steroids were wrong) so I never explored how to find them, but I'll cut him some slack since he's a little tyke, hah!

Really, he's at the Owl and we can't find the upgrades anywhere.
Bottom right button at the stage selection screen.

Damn, beat a bunch of stages in 1 sitting. Owl took like 5 tries. Then I got to Tigger and decided that I'm giving up for the day lol.

I could get a system down for everyone else, but Tigger's pulling some major bullshit somewhere. I'll probably try to beat him later.

So i used Owl for grinding. Would get 19-24 HR's each time for around 50k a game. I don't know why i find him so easy, i think i just nail the timing better.

So i got to Tigger didn't think i would be able to do it. Then started to get low 20's and said fuck this i'm going to kick his ass. Then in my 20 something try i was in the ZONE. So in the zone the ball didn't even disappear. lol

Got 28 with 8 tries left!! Finished with 33 overall. Now it's time to face satan himself. Wish me luck gentlemen.

Midou

Finally beat that stupid bouncing tigger. This game is going to give me PTSD whenever I see winnie the pooh again.

There is no chance in hell I will ever beat CR. He is one of the greatest final bosses in history! The worst part is it FEELS like you can do it.... but you can't. And you never will.

rrK3V.png

Man I was on fire, I only really choked at the end but I already had 28 at the point with like 8 pitches left so I wasn't too concerned.

Lets dance Robin!

Edit: My body was not ready for that

Stubo

This game drew me back in to play just now. 3 attempts in I just hit 30/50 against CR.

Those extra 10 seem so possible, but also so impossible.

Edit: With 16 power, I've just upgraded to 18 with my winnings...maybe it's possible.

Edit 2: ...and just like that, I hit 10 in a row, followed by 7 foul balls.

lmqcE.jpg

MormaPope

Banned
Owl is a baby penis compared to the raging meat baton that is Tigger.

The timing required for his medium and slow speed pitches is all sorts of fucked.

Kid Ying

27/50 first time vsing Christopher Robin. Gotta say he's not as bad as I thought he would be. Doesn't mean I will beat him though...
Was the first thing i said when i first played against him. 3 days ago.

I'm still stuck at him.

Honestly Tigger and Robin's difficulty comes from the very little margin for error you have against them. If the game had kept the ~50% pass rating that Eeyore thru Owl had most people probably wouldn't find them so ridiculous. Be expected to hit 70% and 80% is more tedious then challenging.

Kid Ying

Honestly Tigger and Robin's difficulty comes from the very little margin for error you have against them. If the game had kept the ~50% pass rating that Eeyore thru Owl had most people probably wouldn't find them so ridiculous. Be expected to hit 70% and 80% is more tedious then challenging.
That's about it.

I can manage 25 to 30 hits with Robin, but it's damn hard to manage 80% of hits when the guy changes it's pattern so damn much. Most of the time, i'm so used to a couple of his pitches that when he does another type, it's a pain to get the timing right, losing 2 or 3 balls in the process and fucking the entire game, since you can't make any error against him.

It's insane. If it was 30 home runs, would be completely doable. To get the extra ten is a pain...

cj_iwakura

Is there even any incentive to completing this? A grandiose ending? Aurora appearing and declaring you god-king of the Thirty Acre Wood?

Or does it just go back to the title screen, leaving you to contemplate the devastation you've wrought?

CorvoSol

Is there even any incentive to completing this? A grandiose ending? Aurora appearing and declaring you god-king of the Thirty Acre Wood?

Or does it just go back to the title screen, leaving you to contemplate the devastation you've wrought?

Nobody knows because nobody has ever finished the game and lived to tell the tale.

Top Bottom