• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[OT] This Winnie the Pooh Flash Game is Way Too Hard for Its Target Audience

Hellix

My two hours spent with owl last night:

Nice: four home runs in a row...

Okay, I'm up to 11 home runs. I only need 8 of the next 20.

Okay, at 16. Need 3 of the next 12.

Okay at 18, I need one home run in the next 10 pitches.

STRIKE FOUL STRIKE STRIKE FOUL FOUL HIT HIT FOUL STRIKE

Probably the biggest choke I've read so far.

I don't get the problem with Owl. lol

Max out Contact first. Have Pooh stand ALL the way at the bottom with the bat hanging right over the middle. That gives you extra time to move Pooh in position. I don't know if he has a pattern but it's really not that hard.

Currently 29/40 against Christopher Robin. So far I haven't batted a game lower than what my highest becomes but I've consistently matched my best multiple games in a row so it has taken a while to increase my best little by little.

Parallacs

Your mistake is to have hope.
Owl knows... owl knows...

Haha, I actually think he gets harder in the last 15 pitches.

I think at the start the zig converges just before reaching you. Near the end of his pitch count, the zig seems to diverge again.

I think my biggest problem is when I look at my bat instead of at the owl. Somehow that messes my timing up.

Got to tigger and lost interest. I am too bad at the game and the music is losing its charm.

I don't get the problem with Owl. lol

Max out Contact first. Have Pooh stand ALL the way at the bottom with the bat hanging right over the middle. That gives you extra time to move Pooh in position. I don't know if he has a pattern but it's really not that hard.

I stood all the way back simply because I was always fouling to the right. I think my reaction speed is dead.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
My two hours spent with owl last night:

Nice: four home runs in a row...

Okay, I'm up to 11 home runs. I only need 8 of the next 20.

Okay, at 16. Need 3 of the next 12.

Okay at 18, I need one home run in the next 10 pitches.

STRIKE FOUL STRIKE STRIKE FOUL FOUL HIT HIT FOUL STRIKE

I share the pain I was at 18 with 6 pitches left.

hiryu64

After days of toil, I've finally conquered that damnable feline. Only the Dark Lord himself now stands between me and my freedom.

What are some Tigger tips? I normally get as close as possible to the plate and it makes the wait for the ball a little easier. I got to 23 the first night but I tried again yesterday and couldn't get to 10 on it...so ashamed. Today is all out war on this game.

What are some Tigger tips? I normally get as close as possible to the plate and it makes the wait for the ball a little easier. I got to 23 the first night but I tried again yesterday and couldn't get to 10 on it...so ashamed. Today is all out war on this game.

I had the cursor in the middle of the plate almost the whole time, with a little adjustment to the left or right depending on whether Tigger was throwing in or out. The main thing I looked for was the speed of the ball because it seemed like he only has two different velocities that he throws at. Depending on the speed of the ball, you either click the mouse almost as soon as it disappears if it's thrown fast, or wait just a bit after it disappears if it's the slower speed. Took me a few tries but I got 33 homeruns on it I believe.

Peagles

After all the hype I'm kinda disappointed at how not hard this game is. Will keep playing for the lols though, hehe.

Peagles

You obviously haven't gotten far enough then.

Said someone who hasn't gotten to Owl

I'm up to Owl. Took a few tries each on the others so far. Eeyore took the most tries while I got used to the game. Now it seems like you just have to get the timing and position down once you work out how they throw.

I really am enjoying all the fan art coming out of this though lol. Looking forward to seeing Tigger and Christopher Robin to see what all the fuss is about.

I am a weird person who plays up to like, level 100 of WarioWare games though, which are kinda similar to this in a lot of ways, so I am having fun :p

Ermc_G6

I am having an awful time with tigger.

At least with everyone before him, you could kinda see how a baseball could actually be thrown that way. But with him... there is no way.

I am having an awful time with tigger.

At least with everyone before him, you could kinda see how a baseball could actually be thrown that way. But with him... there is no way.
You can see how a baseball could speed up in mid-air, or arbitrarily have changes in horizontal or vertical direction?

I think I'm done. The biggest problem I'm having is the left and right. After the pitch is throw I done have time to move Pooh to get the end of the bat on the blue dot. I'm basically just find a good range and hoping they put the ball in the right spot and that isn't working.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRR!!! I AM THE TIGGER SLAYER!!!

designwinniethumb.jpg

china-chengdu-zoo-escaped-tiger-drill-tigger-10.jpg

Last ball was the 28th home run. Sooooooooooooooooo good. Now to face fear itself. :S

EDIT: Okay... 27/40 on Chris Robin... those damn owl balls.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
just beat eeyore, easy as pie.

I dont think how it can get more difficult

edit 1: Just beat limpy in my second try, I fuckin rule!

edit 2: go fuck a tree Piglet

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
On my first time playing this game I just made it to Tigger only failing once to meet the home-run target (on Owl). Seems pretty easy so far, but onto Tigger now!

only have 29 minutes until my next class starts though. :/

Edit: Woah, thought my eyes were playing tricks on me for a second, that FUCKING BALL DISAPPEARS?
Managed to hit 13 on my first try though. :p

BadAss2961

I'm just waiting to get on one lucky tear against Christopher Robin. I don't think there's any other way or trick to beating him.

Skiesofwonder

25 hit on my third try against Tigger, four balls that were an inch away from being a fair ball AKA home run. Is there anyway to save my spot? Guessing no. :/

Edit: Fucking 27! three missed fastballs threw me off my pace. I was at 20 HR with like 18 pitches left too..... Oh well, back to class. will try again tomorrow.

I'm just waiting to get on one lucky tear against Christopher Robin. I don't think there's any other way or trick to beating him.

If you meet a man offering his secrets to defeating Satan at his own game, look deeper into that man's mysterious eyes, for you will find only double trickery. You will find the sinful red of eternal flames and the ever running blood of hell's victims, those like you who thought they could outsmart him only to realize who the fool was one pitch too late. And it works every time.

In other words: no.

25 hit on my third try against Tigger, four balls that were an inch away from being a fair ball AKA home run. Is there anyway to save my spot? Guessing no. :/

Edit: Fucking 27! three missed fastballs threw me off my pace. I was at 20 HR with like 18 pitches left too..... Oh well, back to class. will try again tomorrow.
Cookies save your progress. You'll be able to face the daemon spawn once again without falter.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
As Clint once said, a mans got to know his limitations.

Tigger is defeated. My journey ends here.

So after an hour or so I finally got past Tigger. I was consistently getting 23-25 so i was able to level up pretty fast, and finally i broke through!

Then i got to face Christopher Robin and see what spawned all the gifs and memes. Oh boy did it live up to the hype. After several tries, the best i could to is 17 out of 50. :/

On all the others i could get into a grove, tune out and grind my way through. I don't know how i'm supposed to get such a high percentage of home runs when he's mixing up pitches so much. I don't even know how to get better. My best run was when i wasn't even paying attention

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Finally beat Owl the other day. Tigger is the height of just-too-muchery for me though. You had a good run, crazy hard Japanese Pooh game.

Ducarmel

Dammit I forgot to tell ccleaner not to touch my firefox data and accidentally deleted all the data. Now I have to start all over I got all the way to that bastard Owl.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
finally decided to try this game upon seeing the bump

i now know what it is to suffer

fucking piglet couldn't be beaten without upgrades. fuck all these guys

FUCK THIS KANGAROO FUCKING CHEATING BASTARD

[edit] ok i beat him. 17 homers, you little bitch.

...I think I'm done for the night.

Skiesofwonder

Cookies save your progress. You'll be able to face the daemon spawn once again without falter.

Nope, was playing at the computer lab of my college. :/

Oh well, diving back in. I have the day off!

Edit: Rabbit is so fucking easy, just hit 27 HRs on her. Are some of you forgetting to upgrade Winnie the Pooh's skills?

Edit 2: Hello Tigger, I'm back for vengeance!

Edit 3: 27 again FUUUUUUUUU

Skiesofwonder

It's almost as if Tigger starts throwing easy pitches at the end, knowing you have no chance of winning, just to fool you into believing you can beat him the next time.

Edit: Fuck yes, just hit 30!

my8NC.png

Onto C. Robin!!!

TheOGB

Banned
Tigger ain't shit, but Owl is a goddamn problem

fake edit: holy fucking shit, I haven't played this game in over a week but it remembered I was at stage 6 :O Thank you based... whoever!

wait, whut? How did I play agianst Tigger before???

Peagles

I'm actually just way impressed that they use the animated art for this game, not that scary 3d biz that's on the Disney Junior channel now or whatever.

Skiesofwonder

31/40. C. Robin lives up to the hype, I don't think I could ever consistently beat him even if I tried.... I need to be on my A game to pull a
lucky
victory out.

Taking a break.

Tigger ain't shit, but Owl is a goddamn problem

fake edit: holy fucking shit, I haven't played this game in over a week but it remembered I was at stage 6 :O Thank you based... whoever!

wait, whut? How did I play agianst Tigger before???

You sure you know who Tigger is? He is the stripped tiger that jumps up and down. His pitches disappear.

TheOGB

Banned
Yeah, I... I fucking played against him before. Now I'm back stuck at Owl??

E: 19/19 FUCKING SUCK IT YOU GODDAMN BIRD
E2: Again, Tigger ain't shit (but I fucked up more that time than I should have, almost lost)

Skiesofwonder

Yeah, I... I fucking played against him before. Now I'm back stuck at Owl??

E: 19/19 FUCKING SUCK IT YOU GODDAMN BIRD
E2: Again, Tigger ain't shit (but I fucked up more that time than I should have, almost lost)

Huh... well Owl is a piece of cake for me but Tigger is pretty tough. Took me around ten tries to beat him while I beat Owl in two.

Top Bottom