• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Otome Community Thread: Happiness isn't a limited commodity, my love is boundless!

Bumping the thread and double-posting (sorry, I promise I won't make a habit of it) because I just had to share this with you guys...

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/09/20/the-handsome-booth-samurai-of-tokyo-game-show-2016

All I can say is it's about goddamn time someone did this and I'm also so bummed I missed it ;3; we were talking over TGS as a company this year and decided to skip it... dammit x_x Oh well I probably would have died on the spot anyway with that fan shit lol.

jzbluz

Since the thread has been bumped, I might as well tell you guys that Solmare has licensed Princess Arthur (Otomate) for mobile. No voice and each route will probably be $5-$6. I want to try it, but it will probably feel butchered.

Bumping the thread and double-posting (sorry, I promise I won't make a habit of it) because I just had to share this with you guys...

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/09/20/the-handsome-booth-samurai-of-tokyo-game-show-2016

All I can say is it's about goddamn time someone did this and I'm also so bummed I missed it ;3; we were talking over TGS as a company this year and decided to skip it... dammit x_x Oh well I probably would have died on the spot anyway with that fan shit lol.

I find this kind of thing cringey, but then I'm hardly ever into guys in real life. However, you can find this type of event in yaoicon since they have bishonen auctions.

Shizuka

Since the thread has been bumped, I might as well tell you guys that Solmare has licensed Princess Arthur (Otomate) for mobile. No voice and each route will probably be $5-$6. I want to try it, but it will probably feel butchered.

Oh... I got excited for a second there.

I find this kind of thing cringey, but then I'm hardly ever into guys in real life. However, you can find this type of event in yaoicon since they have bishonen auctions.

Bishounen auctions?? I ain't trying to rent a man for an hour or the day or whatever I'm happily married 8D I just love the idea of having pretty dudes cosplaying as otome husbandos promoting the game.

jzbluz

Bishounen auctions?? I ain't trying to rent a man for an hour or the day or whatever I'm happily married 8D I just love the idea of having pretty dudes cosplaying as otome husbandos promoting the game.

Bishonen auction is just the only event I know about, but yaoicon is predominantly female so they must have a bunch of events with cute guys or at least girls pretending to be cute guys. The con revolves around mostly the yaoi fandom, but knowing the fandom, there's probably a lot of overlap with the otome fandom.

In a related note, which I'm pretty sure I've mentioned before, the artist of Geten no Hana, Kuku Hayate, is actually a yaoi mangaka.

sp_mainvisual.jpg

gallery_img_04.jpg

gallery_img_02.jpg

tumblr_mmk4kgTe5O1rr5qklo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nk8okvefiX1r8izvso1_1280.jpg

jzbluz

-We barely get any VNs for consoles.
-BL is super niche, even in the land of the fujoshi.
-We barely get any BL for PC, which is where all the titles are.
-Japan only has ports of Dramatical Murder, Omerta, Gakuen Heaven 1 & 2, Taisho Mebiusline, and Tokyo Ommyoji for vita.
-None of the publishers for the ports, except for Nitro Chiral and that's only for pc, have ties with English publishers.

I wouldn't be surprised if it never happened.

However, I'm really hoping we get Taisho Mebiusline for PC since I've heard good things about it.

Archetype

Neo Member
Spoil em!!
Mystic Messenger ending spoilers:

Jumin Bad Ending 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mgqkQFjyl0
You have a cat fight with Sarah in the middle of a board meeting and then it skips to you being a marketing manager at Jumin's company.

Jumin Bad Ending 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwuM7Tvw1aQ
In a related note, which I'm pretty sure I've mentioned before, the artist of Geten no Hana, Kuku Hayate, is actually a yaoi mangaka.

Ohhhhh! I've been seeing her tweet about this and was curious! I love her mangas, her style and panel composition is great. She tends to draw her dudes all bulky and has a thing for anthropomorphic werewolf kind of stuff sometimes. You can get one of her series in English officially: https://www.sublimemanga.com/reader/619

Mystic Messenger ending spoilers:

Jumin Bad Ending 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mgqkQFjyl0
You have a cat fight with Sarah in the middle of a board meeting and then it skips to you being a marketing manager at Jumin's company.

Jumin Bad Ending 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwuM7Tvw1aQ

Hahaha omg I'm actually upset you don't get to be that rude to her in any of the normal endings lol.

I'm visiting Japan right now and I just bought the new Hakuouki game even though I can't read it yet... I have a problem lol. God it's so unfair there's just entire otome sections T3T I'm sincerely redoubling my language efforts when I come back, I wanna be able to just jump into any old one. It's a crime how much stuff we're missing out on here.

jzbluz

I can relate with that type of problem; I have 11 Japanese games between my 3ds and vita, and I've been eyeing 3-4 more even though I haven't been able to finish even one due to my poor Japanese. My latest purchase was Harukanaru 6, which I feel like I might finish since it's surprisingly easy enough that I can get by with Google translate and a dictionary.

Harukanaru 6 is pretty great, and I think it might become my favorite otome even though I'm only on the third chapter. I will probably post my impressions when I'm done since I want to gush a bit.

I was also playing a bit of the Geten no Hana demo last night, but unfortunately that's too high above my level. The game is beatiful and the CG are slightly animated, which is pretty neat, so I can't wait until my Japanese gets good enough.

Kirie

Really glad to see another Neoromance fan in here! I loooved Haruka 6 so much. Stoked for the fan disc which comes out the day before my birthday. Which characters are you interested in?

I also had a really tough time with Geten, so I relied on the wiki a lot for it. Still one of my favorites despite it though.

jzbluz

Really glad to see another Neoromance fan in here! I loooved Haruka 6 so much. Stoked for the fan disc which comes out the day before my birthday. Which characters are you interested in?

I also had a really tough time with Geten, so I relied on the wiki a lot for it. Still one of my favorites despite it though.

That sounds like a good birthday gift, but waiting for the post on Christmas times doesn't sound fun. I want to buy the fandisc and Harukanaru 3, but I want to make sure I finish Harukanaru 6.

I have been interested from the beginning on Ludo, so much that I have to force myself to ignore his events since I want the standard ending, but it's annoying sometimes how big of a Darius' fanboy he is. I liked Darius, but I was a bit soured on his character.
That whole scene in the mountains with the mind control and leaving Asuza unconscious in the forest alone pisses me off, and then when he fought her, I practically screamed, specially since he was my highest level character. And then locking her up in her room when she couldn't leave the forest on her own anyway was pretty bad.
I'll probably warm up to him again, but I will enjoy ignoring his ass and making Asuza fall in love with the others.

Kohaku is a sweetheart, although I don't ship him romantically with the heroine, and I've grown to like Tora. I haven't paid enough attention to the other guys, but so far Hajime is the most boring guy and I hate how brusque he speaks.

Kirie

Yeah I'm definitely going to be getting Haruka 3's remake too! I'm really surprised it's releasing so soon after the Haruka 6 fd though.

You know Rude was actually my favorite route which I didn't see coming. It turned out way better than I thought it would. I'm not into shota tropes but he ended up pretty mature and super cute. Looking forward to seeing what you think of it!

I have a love hate relationship with Darius. Even though he's pretty problematic all things considered but he's still one of my favorite characters >_> Guess I'm a glutton for punishment lol (plus I love his design)

Kohaku is really cute but totally agreed that I don't ship him with Azusa romantically (same with Kudan). I usually like stoic types but Hajime was really boring. Tora is surprisingly great but his CGs were some of the worst ones imo. Murasame's route bugged me because of him calling her a gaki constantly and some other stuff you'll see, but he has some of the best CGs in the game. His seiyuu also gave me chills at certain parts! Really liked Shuhei too.

Let me know what you think when you get further :D

11./00. [PSV] Haitaka no Psychedelica # <ADV> (Idea Factory) {2016.09.29} (¥6.300) - 5.172 / NEW

New Psychedelica game sold almost exactly the same as the previous one FW.

Kurochou no Psychedelica 2015 Idea Factory 5,318 / 10,216

I want them both :(

Saphirax

11./00. [PSV] Haitaka no Psychedelica # <ADV> (Idea Factory) {2016.09.29} (¥6.300) - 5.172 / NEW

New Psychedelica game sold almost exactly the same as the previous one FW.

Kurochou no Psychedelica 2015 Idea Factory 5,318 / 10,216

I want them both :(

Me too :(. Someone on twitter finished the second one and loved it. The only negative is that it's just as short as the first one.

Kanashimi

Did we ever get an announcement of the school version of Hakuoki...? I know there was a lot of shouting about it earlier in the year when there were hints Aksys would do it.

Estellise

Also, I just finished Yuukyuu no Tierblade and I really enjoyed it. I think it was one of the good otome titles that got put under the radar because of the Collar x Malice hype. But if you want a comparison of vibe for the setting, it was like Norn9, except the story was pieced together better. Plus with the use of mecha and the future fantasy type setting, it was certainly a refreshing genre. Tbh with the games Aksys localized thus far, I don't think this game is out of the question for localization. But yeah Idk, just one of the otome games I really enjoyed this year along with Collar x Malice and Kenka Bancho Otome.

ss-hikaru

A Japanese friend recommended CollarxMalice and looking it up I realised Bad Apple Wars had also been licensed so figured I better start playing the ones I have :p I got my first ending in Amnesia (Kent), enjoying the game more than I thought I would XD Although I've started Toma's route which I've heard mutterings about in this thread so a bit apprehensive....

I'm only willing to play otome games on Vita and so far it seems like slim pickings?
  • Amnesia
  • Code:Realise
  • Hakuoki (not really interested)
  • Hatoful Boyfriend (on wishlist)
  • Sweet Fuse (technically PSP but I count it)
  • Norn 9 (is this otome? description doesn't sound like it)

This is my list from trawling through Vita section on PSN.

Saphirax

A Japanese friend recommended CollarxMalice and looking it up I realised Bad Apple Wars had also been licensed so figured I better start playing the ones I have :p I got my first ending in Amnesia (Kent), enjoying the game more than I thought I would XD Although I've started Toma's route which I've heard mutterings about in this thread so a bit apprehensive....

I'm only willing to play otome games on Vita and so far it seems like slim pickings?
  • Amnesia

Yeah, not a lot to choose from. Next year should change that! Norn9 is an otome game as well. I suggest looking through the OT - the game has some good parts, but a lot of it is average (story) or downright horrible (a couple of routes).

C:R on the other hand is amazing and you should definitely give it a go.

pariah164

• Amnesia

Norn 9 is indeed otome.
Amnesia is pretty good.
Code: Realize is great and tied with Sweet Fuse for my favorite portable otome.
Hakuoki was eh, but not really my jam either.
Hatoful... no.

ss-hikaru

Toma route in Amnesia was successful in getting me to make a large variety of facial expressions despite having some sort of idea of what to expect LOL.

Yeah, not a lot to choose from. Next year should change that! Norn9 is an otome game as well. I suggest looking through the OT - the game has some good parts, but a lot of it is average (story) or downright horrible (a couple of routes).

C:R on the other hand is amazing and you should definitely give it a go.

Ahhh yeah I feel like I have heard before that Norn9 is not that great, thanks for the suggestion. Have only heard good things about C:R hence why I started Amnesia first (save the best/better for last/later :p).

Norn 9 is indeed otome.
Amnesia is pretty good.
Code: Realize is great and tied with Sweet Fuse for my favorite portable otome.
Hakuoki was eh, but not really my jam either.
Hatoful... no.

Oooh I was always planning for Sweet Fuse to be my first otome cos I heard it's a good intro to the genre but I haven't gotten around to buying it yet... You don't like Hatoful? Based on the description it doesn't seem like my thing either but it gets so much praise and isn't that expensive I thought someday I might give it a shot.

http://gematsu.com/2016/11/hakuouki-kyoto-winds-coming-west-spring-2017

So we're getting the first part of the Hakuoki remake from IFI, so I'm happy for those that wanted this. I'm skipping it since I already bought the freaking game 3 times, and I'm not a big enough fan to buy it again, even if it does have new content. Although, getting SSL probably depends on the sale of this one.

Ok... is this the exact same game with just some new routes? Because I'll buy the damn thing but I literally just fucking dragged my PS3 back out of the closet to play the other remake and I'm going to be a lil bit mad if I did that for no reason. If it's the same I'm going to stop playing now so I can enjoy it all later. You can have my money again but GOD DAMMIT

Also... is Nagakura just a friendship route because I need dat romance ;3;

Toma route in Amnesia was successful in getting me to make a large variety of facial expressions despite having some sort of idea of what to expect LOL.

Ahhh yeah I feel like I have heard before that Norn9 is not that great, thanks for the suggestion. Have only heard good things about C:R hence why I started Amnesia first (save the best/better for last/later :p).

Oooh I was always planning for Sweet Fuse to be my first otome cos I heard it's a good intro to the genre but I haven't gotten around to buying it yet... You don't like Hatoful? Based on the description it doesn't seem like my thing either but it gets so much praise and isn't that expensive I thought someday I might give it a shot.

Sweet Fuse is a perfect intro, it was mine :)

jzbluz

Ok... is this the exact same game with just some new routes? Because I'll buy the damn thing but I literally just fucking dragged my PS3 back out of the closet to play the other remake and I'm going to be a lil bit mad if I did that for no reason. If it's the same I'm going to stop playing now so I can enjoy it all later. You can have my money again but GOD DAMMIT

Also... is Nagakura just a friendship route because I need dat romance ;3;

I'm not super knowledgeable, but I heard it has new characters apart from the new routes of fan favorites, so the story must have been rewritten. Also, this is only the first part so the original is probably a more complete game. I always recommend the PS3 version since that has the fandisc, but it could be the remake has those scenes better integrated into the story? I doubt it though.

I'm not super knowledgeable, but I heard it has new characters apart from the new routes of fan favorites, so the story must have been rewritten. Also, this is only the first part so the original is probably a more complete game. I always recommend the PS3 version since that has the fandisc, but it could be the remake has those scenes better integrated into the story? I doubt it though.

So for sure I know it has new boys too right but those extra routes for Sanan and Nagakura and the ninja guy whose name I keep forgetting... are those friendship routes? I could have sworn I saw new CGs for the old boys but this trailer seemed to show all old quotes and CGs...

Top Bottom