• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlast PS4 |OT|

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
PS4 def has some FXAA going on. Close as I could get.

PS4
841190_573930549348825_411137844_o.jpg

PC
iboDQ51aAne8oj.png

Kaiken

Banned
How do you download to PS4 via the app? Doesn't the app just connect to the store by launching a web browser of your choice?

Pretty much, after you check out it asks if you want to download to your PS4, clicked it and the PS4 began downloading before my very eyes.

Going to need my sister to sit and watch me play for comfort. Damn trailer even made me jump a couple times.

So I downloaded this but when I try to play it it says "Cannot Start the application. This application can be started only by a user who has a license for it.

:( Any ideas?

Edit: I fixed it! I had to "restore licenses" under the PSN settings.

PrinceKee

I hope I can get a fright or two from this game when I play it later tonight in the dark with the surround sound up. I've never been scared of horror films or haunted houses. My ex-girlfriend use to say I was either the bravest guy she's met or a serial killer lol. I'm that weird guy that goes to see horror films and laugh like they're comedies to me. So hopefully this will be the experience that can give me a good scare...

We need to add "restore your license" to the damned thread title so people don't keep asking the same question that's been answered in the thread MULTIPLE times.

Edit: or press right on dpad to restart race.

DrkSage

Even though I watched a "lets play" of outlast, that I know when the jump scares are coming, I get scared and its because the damn sounds are so loud even with my headset volume at minimum. If this happens with this game I can't imagine how many scares will I get when playing randomly generated games like day light :(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Really enjoying the game so far. Once you figure out the enemy AI it's not all that scary although the first hour definitely got me a few times and I'm not usually too startled by jump scares. I like the hiding and maneuvering gameplay a lot and it's cool just to wander around the Asylum.

Zee-Row

Banned
Does this game have replay value? Once you expect all the scares during the second playthrough is the fun lost?

CRA5H

Uh.. Yeah.. I barely got past the brightness adjustment screen. I don't know why but I thought they'd implement a scare already at that moment when adjusting the character to be barely visible. My diaper was ready.

calder

Cheap scares sure, but the sound of this game is killing me. Weird little noises behind me when I'm in an empty room facing the door screw this, how do I disable my surrounds? ;(

I'm not the best at scary games or movies. I'm literally waiting until my wife is out of the shower before I continue lol.

darkwing

Cheap scares sure, but the sound of this game is killing me. Weird little noises behind me when I'm in an empty room facing the door screw this, how do I disable my surrounds? ;(

I'm not the best at scary games or movies. I'm literally waiting until my wife is out of the shower before I continue lol.

yeah the sounds in this game, made me look at the back lol

Replicant

For me the scariest part of the game is not the jump scare but the realization that there's someone stalking you and you can't for the life of you figure out how to get out of the area you're in. That's scary to me. The jump scare is momentarily scary but the feeling of being stalked without being able to get away is a constant heart thumping experience.

Had to come in to work tonight but I'll be playing this tomorrow with the wife too... should be interesting.

Pastry

Banned
I think I legitimately screamed at the first real scare. Goddamit I don't know if I want to play this. I hate scary shit.

cheap scares aside, after 1 hour of this game in legitimately scared to keep playing it. my anxiety is through the roof, which is rare for me. congrats to the team who made this, also fuck them :p

calder

Had to come in to work tonight but I'll be playing this tomorrow with the wife too... should be interesting.
Stupid wife left the room when she saw a corpse in a wheelchair, said she was having Silent Hill flashbacks. DID OUR VOWS MEAN NOTHING TO YOU.

If you still can't update through the store, like I wasn't able, go directly to the app or the webstore, hit download, and hit download to PS4.

Bam! Enjoy shitting yourself. Although on my internet, it'll take ten fucking hours to download this.Maybe less if the update file wasn't doing it at the same time.

supergiz

So I downloaded it and it says that it cannot find the application when I click play. Asks if I want to look in PlayStation store and only option is to play. Click it same thing happens. Game is not even showing up on my hard drive. Wth is going on? :(

Tried resetting license that didn't do anything either. Also tried restarting

Wow a game has not scared me like this in a long time. I changed my mind no I do not want this on the rift, I would die. As I play I am getting much more confident as I understand how the game works. For instance I get how the enemy AI works now, they could be pretty stupid. Dying is almost beneficial as it lets you work the situation with trial and error plus if you reach a checkpoint before you die if you die you start from the checkpoint with the badguy gone.

So it has some issues but the premise is so unique and original that I love it. I jumped out of my chair twice. I had plenty of "NOPE" moments. It's just damn creepy. Anyone looking for some serious horror gaming check this out.

supergiz

So I deleted outlast from download menu. Now the download button appears again on store. But when I click it says it's already being downloaded, which it's not :(

I want to play this game soo bad.

MavFan619

Banned
Holy shit just came to post this, I fucking screamed out loud. Wearing headphones isn't making this any easier.
I stopped after that first real scare. Few hours later my brother goes to play I turned of the lights and closed the door and told my family to wait for it. 10 minutes later he was screaming. He also stopped soon after.

FHIZ

Played it for about 20 minutes, with ALL the lights on, and now I'm hesitating to open doors in my own house.

Awesome.

AWESOME.

Man, fuck this game!

kinggroin

Banned
Glad to read all you PS4 owners joining me in pure dread.

And hardy har har at those who think Rift support is a good idea. Screw that noise. 3D was bad enough.

ramuh

Stupid wife left the room when she saw a corpse in a wheelchair, said she was having Silent Hill flashbacks. DID OUR VOWS MEAN NOTHING TO YOU.

Your vows man! You need to stay strong together! Let her be the lookout when you open doors/peer down hallways.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Great atmosphere indeed.

Sad to say it, but I really just... don't like this game.
I became bored within 30 minutes. Not enough going on. Too much hype leading to the same enemy or same interaction.

kinggroin

Banned
The worst thing in this game is running away and using the triggers to look behind you. The game recreates that ever accelerating fear that comes from running in fear, not knowing what's behind.

Top Bottom