• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlast PS4 |OT|

jaaz

I did a comparison of the PC version vs the PS4 version in case anyone was interested.

http://imgur.com/a/mvziL

Weird. I took a share button screen shot of the same area and it doesn't look as blurry. I uploaded mine to Facebook and then copied the URL directly to here:

1801212_665691020139964_478008471_o.jpg

I know it sounds dumb, but I was really thrilled when I realized the suspended corpses dangled with much more realism than the stiff board-like corpses of last gen. Every horror game features the human body prop, oftentimes they're hanging by their feet and it's really lame when they don't move at all. Very morbid thing to be excited about, but these little things are why I wanted to jump into next-gen damn it!

F this game, f the dualshock 4's audio jack, f it all!

NOPE NOPE NOPE!

I don't think I've ever played something so frightening. It took me months to grow a pair and finish Resident Evil 4 when I was a kid, but that game was so "gamey". This is just straight up unnerving.

I'm constantly fidgeting for the camcorder, and it makes me feel so vulnerable. Really dig that mechanic.

Played to the first major scare, the point where
go through the library, and you are thrown to the main hall
, and I'm too afraid to choose my own path so I stopped.

Playing with the headphones and lights out.. It's the only way to do this. Also, the lightbar seems to react depending on the nightvision, which is nice.

Did you guys know you can use the touchpad to zoom in and out?

I have a question though: I seemed to have clearly run out of batteries, yet I can still see in nightvision/use the camera. Why is that?

I literally screamed out for a good 2-3 seconds at two points. I have never ever done that before, not even for a movie. 2-3 seconds of feeling squeamish and cringing... I have to imagine most of it is due to just using the headphones. It makes such a huge difference

unscarred785

Neo Member
Weird. I took a share button screen shot of the same area and it doesn't look as blurry. I uploaded mine to Facebook and then copied the URL directly to here:

Switching between the two the only difference i see is your screen shot looks darker.

Ellite25

I want to download this game, but I'm currently residing in an apartment that only allows one device to be connected to the internet (my PC, in this case), meaning I can't go online with my PS4.

What would be the best method to getting around this? Could I take the PS4 to a Starbucks, use my Vita as the screen (via remote play) and download Outlast from there?
Man that sucks dude. I could never live in an apartment like that. Why the shitty rule?

Man I downloaded and installed this game and it locked me out, saying I didn't have the license to play it, eventhough I'm a plus member.

I want to download this game, but I'm currently residing in an apartment that only allows one device to be connected to the internet (my PC, in this case), meaning I can't go online with my PS4.

What would be the best method to getting around this? Could I take the PS4 to a Starbucks, use my Vita as the screen (via remote play) and download Outlast from there?

I don't see why not, and that's actually a fucking brilliant work-around.

Sucks to have to jump thru so many hoops tho.

Is there a reason that when I try to sign into PS store on PS4, it tells me this service is not available in my country/region?

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
For those who can't download the game or have the license issue, your ps4 is trying to proect you!!

Be thankful

Replicant

Maybe the other guy uploaded to Twitter? Facebook does have better image compression algorithms.

SOLDIER

I don't see why not, and that's actually a fucking brilliant work-around.

Sucks to have to jump thru so many hoops tho.

I forget what can be accomplished through Vita remote play, though. Will it let me open up the PS4 store and download a game to the system?

I forget what can be accomplished through Vita remote play, though. Will it let me open up the PS4 store and download a game to the system?

Unless things have changed in the past month, I'm 99.999999999% certain you can. If I remember correctly, I downloaded Sound Shapes on my PS4 from work on my Vita thru Remote Play.

Replicant

I also uploaded mine to Facebook, Then hit the download button on Facebook and uploaded it to Imgur.

IME imgur re-compressed images. JPG is already a lossy compression in the first place. Having it being re-compressed doesn't do the image good.

EDIT: Never mind, now I'm back on my desktop instead of phone I can see you're right. I can barely see the difference.

Kaiken

Banned
Couldn't get on the PS Store either due to errors. Luckily the PS App worked and remotely downloaded to PS4. The future!

I normally am NEVER scared by any form of media but this game has me jumping. Had to stop for tonight because the last thing I need is to shit my pants right before bed.

DirtyLarry

Holy Shit.
Okay, let me just say I thought the gaming world was blowing it way out of proportion about just how creepy this game was.
I love horror movies. Not just like them. Love them. Getting a good scare is about as alive as I feel one can get.
DAMN.
This game no doubt provides the scares. Although I usually find jump tactics to be contrived and extremely over done in horror movies these days, they absolutely work in this game. No doubt it is the immersion of the experience that only the medium of video games can provide.
I seriously think this can be a whole genre of games unto itself.
Horror video games.
Seriously when done right, like this game is, it gives me goosebumps I have not been able to get from a movie in a very, very long time.
Awesome. Just awesome.
My wife actually was just listening while on her laptop as I first started playing. Literally just listening, and she refused to look at the screen, and after about 20 minutes she politely excused herself for the night and said she was going to bed.
I now have all the lights off downstairs. Home Theater at 60 (which is really quite damn loud), and am about to play another 20 seconds before I fire up Mario Kart on the 3DS to get my mind off of what I just experienced.
Really just so damn good.
Kudos Red Barrels. You have managed to do something I was starting to think was just no longer possible from the horror genre.
You have made me scared.
I absolutely love it!

Replicant

Couldn't get on the PS Store either due to errors. Luckily the PS App worked and remotely downloaded to PS4. The future!

How do you download to PS4 via the app? Doesn't the app just connect to the store by launching a web browser of your choice?

Top Bottom