• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlast PS4 |OT|

Watching some streams while at work; I can't wait to try this. Want to see if I will actually turn into a 11 year old girl or if I can actually play the game.

What the....

I don't get scared usually, it takes A LOT to do so.... and I thought that this game won't work on me like it did to others.

But playing less than one hour and I'm already calling it a night... MY GOD never been this scared and tensed in a very long time... I think since Sired Blood Curse or Fatal Frame 3.

Not going play it again till morning... my heart doesn't feel good now took so many jumps :(

What the....

I don't get scared usually, it takes A LOT to do so.... and I thought that this game won't work on me like it did to others.

But playing less than one hour and I'm already calling it a night... MY GOD never been this scared and tensed in a very long time... I think since Sired Blood Curse or Fatal Frame 3.

Not going play it again till morning... my heart doesn't feel good now took so many jumps :(
Same here. The part where you try to get on the PSN Store and it won't let you download it made me jump out of my seat.

def sim

I'll check this out maybe later tonight.

Would love to play this but it's giving me a license error and there's a lock icon on the bar. I'm redownloading it but that lock icon is still there; is that always there?

A power cycle fixed this for me with AC4.

edit: ah you fixed it

Kuro

Game is hilarious. Not scary at all.
The part in the basement where the guy with the stick just starts chasing you had me in tears from laughing.

Orca

Anyone else having issues with the PSN web-store? Can't stay logged in, it keeps throwing a 'failed to sign in' error even after correctly signing me in. I was hoping to have this downloaded before I got home but it looks like that won't happen.

Violater

Anyone else having issues with the PSN web-store? Can't stay logged in, it keeps throwing a 'failed to sign in' error even after correctly signing me in. I was hoping to have this downloaded before I got home but it looks like that won't happen.

Same here man Sony is such crap at doing the simple things.

Krakn3Dfx

Kept punching away at the PSN store on my PS4 until I got the game queued up.

Fun with Playstation Network

miguel-head-wall.gif

Replicant

Welp! I thought it'd stress me less watching people playing it. But it actually makes me feel hopeless watching them scrambling around in the dark looking for the key.

PSN totally sucks ball today. Fix this BS, Sony! You should know it'd be busy when Outlast, Wolf Among Us Ep 2 among other things are out in the same day.

Moofers

I came in here for the gif of the guy chasing you down the hall. I leave disappointed. If it makes its way in here, let's see that get added to the OP. Its the only video or shot I've seen of this game and it was enough to get me way excited.

Nymphae

Banned
Fuck I wish these guys would get their online network running properly. I can't download the game due to there apparently PSN maintenance happening right now? Or is that just a generic error code for 'too many people are trying to download things right now."

Nymphae

Banned
This is what the all digital future looks like folks. Eventually games will all be F2P with MT and you will have to pay your way to the top of the day 1 download queue.

Logash

Played this game for 10 minutes and jumped a couple of times. Decided to turn it off and wait till I get my wireless headset to enjoy the game as it should be enjoyed.

dugdug

Banned
It sucks that some of us can't download it, but, I'd be furious if I were Red Barrels, right now. This is ridiculous.

Finally using the PSN web interface, I was able to queue up the download.
It sucks that some of us can't download it, but, I'd be furious if I were Red Barrels, right now. This is ridiculous.
Haha, why would they care. Everyone want this game that is part of PS+ will get it this month regardless of its current fuckery.

Vizzeh

Banned
Just checked my "Whats new" Feed and Outlast is labeled as "OUTLAST US" - I have PsPLUS on both my US and UK account.

Just wondering if when I activate Outlast Tomorrow on my UK account will the content be slightly different. IE Last of Us multiplier decapitation cut, I see no reason to label the game differently, could be completely reasonable though.

Edit: Played through the first chapter and had quite a few scares, the music is CREEPY through my sennheisers, so detailed and atmospheric, audio and visually.

Dante316

I get an error when I try to restore my license. I know it'll get sorted out before too long but damn I want to play this now! Seems like everyone and their brother is streaming their gameplay right now.

It gave same error for 5 min straight till it fixed. Seems due to store issue or psn issue, the restore license having issues. But its good to remember where to look to restore license in the future.

dugdug

Banned
Finally using the PSN web interface, I was able to queue up the download.

Haha, why would they care. Everyone want this game that is part of PS+ will get it this month regardless of its current fuckery.

Sure, but, even if its a smaller amount, that's potential lost sales.

OmahaG8

Just turned in my ps4 cold, downloaded update, and downloaded the Outlast patch in about 45 seconds and then at 100 MB on main game after the same. Sucks for those having PSN issues : (

Picked this up on Steam during the holiday sale. Interesting game. It messes with your mind more than anything since you can't shoot and only have a night vision camera.

I usually don't like games where you run and hide from bad guys you can't kill. Hated it in Dead Space, Resident Evil Nemesis, and Haunting Ground. But I only hate it because it's frustrating and gets me stressed! I guess that's the point of Outlast, to get your nerves on edge.

Replicant

Finally able to get it queued to download through my PC's web browser via SEN website. Downloading now.

Same here. Managed to check out both Outlast and The Wolf Among Us Episode 2. Hopefully Outlast is now downloading to my PS4 so it'd be ready for me when I get back home tonight.

I'll be looking into adding this offline cause I can't get a PS4 til infamous but wow some streams on twitch and it looked scary as hell

the temptation haha . I wanna play it

I'm a bit of a pussy when it comes to scary games, so I wonder if I can handle this when it appears on the store tomorrow. If it's on a par with Silent Hill 2/Project Zero then I am already dead.

This is impressive. I loved dead space but the complete lack of a weapon is this game makes it far worse. They should have made it 3d compatible. I have a very good 3d TV and a decent surround audio setup. I might not survive the game.

I don't know if its been said or not but best way to download the game is to keep opening the store and spamming the x button on the outcast download it will kick you from the store with an error but next time you open the store it will still be outlast with the download button highlighted

Top Bottom