• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlast PS4 |OT|

Logash

I don't know if its been said or not but best way to download the game is to keep opening the store and spamming the x button on the outcast download it will kick you from the store with an error but next time you open the store it will still be outlast with the download button highlighted

This is exactly how I did it.

Just noticed that the DS4 light bar turns green when you are in night vision. Very nice touch though I wish I could turn the light bar off. I want complete darkness when playing this!

ReBurn

Gold Member
Just noticed that the DS4 light bar turns green when you are in night vision. Very nice touch though I wish I could turn the light bar off. I want complete darkness when playing this!

But...how can you have complete darkness when the TV is on?

PBY

Banned
What the fuuuuuck.

Downloaded it earlier this afternoon. Just settled in to play it- it says I don't have the license?!!

Namikaze

What the fuuuuuck.

Downloaded it earlier this afternoon. Just settled in to play it- it says I don't have the license?!!

Go to settings, PSN, and then restore license.

Okay this game with surround sound headset= I had to stop for a minute to collect myself. I've never done that with a game before, lol.

vg260

Gonna turn out the lights, pop my headphones into the DS4. I won't be scared because the DS4 flashlight will be on.

Gonna turn out the lights, pop my headphones into the DS4. I won't be scared because the DS4 flashlight will be on.

Im scared with the lights on AND the DS4's light on

EDIT: Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope.....not at night (the music is terrifying and the main characters breathing during the tense sections is creeping me out)

Go to settings, PSN, and then restore license.

Okay this game with surround sound headset= I had to stop for a minute to collect myself. I've never done that with a game before, lol.
Man, listen. I'm playing with the Elites, and I had to turn the damn game off, and I LOVE horror games! Fuck that, lol.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I got to the first story event and went.

"Can I just like. Y'know. Not?"

And then I do, not. And I stopped playing and I'd rather watch someone else play and laugh at their fear =)

Replicant

I got to the first story event and went.

"Can I just like. Y'know. Not?"

And then I do, not. And I stopped playing and I'd rather watch someone else play and laugh at their fear =)

While watching the stream I kept thinking "Why oh WHY? Would you enter an abandoned mental hospital. At night. Alone."

LowSignal

It kicked me out of the store when i tried to DL it so I started watching Hulu where the notification dinged that it was downloading. When it finished it showed a pad lock and would let me play so i went to settings and re-downloaded the licenses, it worked after that.

Played for a bit and it's good so far.

At first I was pretty creeped out but so far every scare tactic has been

SOMETHINGALLOFASUDDEN

So now I don't really dread venturing into uncharted territory because I feel like I know what I can expect.

Cudder

At first I was pretty creeped out but so far every scare tactic has been

SOMETHINGALLOFASUDDEN

So now I don't really dread venturing into uncharted territory because I feel like I know what I can expect.

Apparently that's all the game is. I remember reading the OT when the game first came out and people were scared at first but it becomes apparent pretty quick that jump scares is all the game has to offer. Objectively, sure the environments are "scary"but if you've played your share of horror games, you've seen this all before.

It's still a fun romp though.

Apparently that's all the game is. I remember reading the OT when the game first came out and people were scared at first but it becomes apparent pretty quick that jump scares is all the game has to offer. Objectively, sure the environments are "scary"but if you've played your share of horror games, you've seen this all before.

It's still a fun romp though.

How wonderful. If it's just going to be that, I'm not going to bother. I love the concept and the visual execution of the night vision is fantastic, but if there's nothing creative or interesting to go along with it, that's pretty disappointing.

Either the story needs to get interesting enough to press forward, or it needs to get a lot creepier. Honestly at this point I would like this more if it were just like some kind of ghost hunting thing, especially where there is no combat and you're just hiding from hulking generic Clive Barker monsters.

Loakum

Banned
Whoa this game must really be the bomb-diggity (do folks still say that phrase?) Anyway, I gave up trying to download it, since the Playstation Store is bonkers atm.

Cudder

How wonderful. If it's just going to be that, I'm not going to bother. I love the concept and the visual execution of the night vision is fantastic, but if there's nothing creative or interesting to go along with it, that's pretty disappointing.

Either the story needs to get interesting enough to press forward, or it needs to get a lot creepier. Honestly at this point I would like this more if it were just like some kind of ghost hunting thing.

Don't take my word for it, I'm still playing through it myself for the first time. I was just telling you the impression I got reading the OT.

Dammit, the
basement section where you have to turn on the lights
is stupid. I ended up being chased at the end and
just jammed my fist on the generator button
. I died after and it reloaded after I'd done it.

Edit: worst use of spoiler tags ever, sorry.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
fuck fuck fuckfuck fuckfuck

on a side note: Does this game makes your ps4 sound like an airplane? ala Killzone?

PS Store being down is ruining my night. Come on Sony!!!
LLShC.gif

My copy is finally downloading (couldn't connect to the store for a few hours). The picture of it in the store makes me wanna play it so bad! I can't wait!

lantus

Hmm what kind of connection do most of you have here? Mines been going for about 10-15 min and I'm about 75% done.

EDIT: Aand done. I didn't realize people are having problems right now; I got in the store and downloaded it just fine. :/

jaaz

Excellent port. I played through the PC version and the beginning of the PS4. So far looks identical, I can't see any difference between the two.

Top Bottom