• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Over 2 Hours of Wolverine Gameplay Leak Online

Justin9mm

This keeps on getting more and more brutal. I’d feel sorry for the studio, but I struggle to care about a superhero game and the gameplay looks unbelievably boring and devoid of ideas.

Still, this is an unbelievable leak.
Yes, please watch an early build with no context or story which hasn't even been fully developed and continue to comment on how boring it is. Your favourite games all looked like this in its early stages, boring and uninspiring with missing presentation. This is why devs don't share these kinds of things to the public.

How anyone can say this looks good or bad based on these leaks is silly.

Justin9mm

Looks like a standard slap-crap Marvel game from the PS360 era. I'm sure graphics will be improved, but combat looks so generic.
You realise combat is not fully developed either, it's the same as the graphics, that won't be the end presentation. Man I hate these threads and the people that leak this kind of stuff because people have no understanding of how game development works.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Yes, please watch an early build with no context or story which hasn't even been fully developed and continue to comment on how boring it is. Your favourite games all looked like this in its early stages, boring and uninspiring with missing presentation. This is why devs don't share these kinds of things to the public.

The core combat looks like a carbon copy of Spider-Man and MM (and God of War 2018 to be honest).

Are you trying to say that the core combat mechanics are going to radically change?

They aren’t, and it looks boring.

Looks like a standard slap-crap Marvel game from the PS360 era.
...but this was also a PS360 game and people here kept begging for another one:

x-men-origins-wolverine-a-fine-addition-v0-xcy433nxn8bd1.jpeg

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
The Sabertooth fight at the end of part 5 has some decent choreography. Will probably be neat when finished.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Is this a different leak or somehow we're still getting new videos from the same leak?

Fake

Gold Member
Someone is really not want the route Insomniac is taking for making games, leaking everything like that. Reminds me TLOUSpart2.

Sure there is some internal fight inside the company.

Last edited:

Saber

Seems like a generic combo mashing game with finishing moves, difference is that its violent thanks to the nature of Wolverine claws. Other than that, theres nothing really special about it.
Can't judge the story, but can judge the small scenes provided later(first video seems to happen after the last leak that happened some time ago). Seems like some kind of drama between Logan and this "new" Jean.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member

That’s true to some extent. But you shouldn’t expect something completely different either. This is a good indication of the game’s direction and design.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I know it's so early, but so much of this just feels and looks strange. I mean, just imagining it as a finished product. The cores of the game still looks weird and odd to me as a Wolverine game.

Last edited:

Atrus

Gold Member
I hope the game has some God of War/Doom/Last of Us brutality and physics based dismemberment; splash that blood everywhere and make those entrails slide down walls like the brains in Last of Us Part 2.

The fodder enemies should also have a reason for being able to defeat Wolverine in the game.

Justin9mm

That’s true to some extent. But you shouldn’t expect something completely different either.
Why not.. That's like saying all racing games are the same, it's all tracks, cars and driving. I guarantee you; combat, gameplay and presentation will look worlds above these leaks.. Worlds above! Go find some AAA early game footage of other games.. Same story

Edit: This is also Insomniac.. Insomniac! If the completed game looked anywhere near this, it would be historically the worst game they've put out. Yeah, I don't think so!

Last edited:

Justin9mm

The core combat looks like a carbon copy of Spider-Man and MM (and God of War 2018 to be honest).

Are you trying to say that the core combat mechanics are going to radically change?

They aren’t, and it looks boring.
There's hardly any combat in these leaks, it's a few slashing and jumping moves lol

And yes, nothing wrong with being Spider-Man and or GOW 2018 type combat. That's what people want but with more brutal violence. What are you expecting, we are in an era of diminishing returns, you tell me how radically different they can make it? You have unrealistic expectations!

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Fucking hell, open-world shit again. I was really hoping for a wide-linear action game with a heavy emphasis on stealth.

VinnyMac

It's like xmen orgins wolverine movie leaked a year before release. At this point release it as an early access

Top Bottom