• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Over 2 Hours of Wolverine Gameplay Leak Online

AZRoboto

Neo Member
I'm sure Insomniac knows what they're doing, and at least will have some of the best graphics yet on PS5 when it releases...

But after a decade of traversing by zipping, sliding, teleporting, swinging, flying, and even being thrown, Insomniac has to really really know what they're doing to get me excited for... Rock climbing.

Milestone 8 Build :

Part 1 :

Milestone 13 Build :

Part 1 :

Part 2 :

Part 3 :

Part 4 :

Part 5 :

Part 6 :

Part 7 :

Prototype trailer based on Milestone 8 build :

Game should be cinematic with a focus on graphics, story and great set pieces. This looks generic and boring… (i know it’s early footage)

Last edited:
The issue it seems with Wolverine is his combat style and movement seems quite limited.

With GOW you have the axe for melee but you're also able to throw it for range, Spiderman has his web casting and cool traversal.

Batman's AA combat would probably be the closest, but even then because of his punching and kicking it feels more fluid and varied.

They need to add some serious gore or something to make Wolverine feel more exciting. Like he's hacking people's arms off and stuff. IDK, maybe that's what they have planned ...

Game should be cinematic with a focus on graphics, story and great set pieces. This looks generic and boring… (i know it’s early footage)
Agreed. They need to overcome his limitations as a character with a more measured approach to combat where it's fewer and far between but higher impact and more visually impressive.

And instead of having him jump around like the hunchback of notre dame, have the world be more immersive so the fun comes from walking around as wolverine and marveling (pardon the pun) at the environments and his character.

T4keD0wN

Looks like itll have some pretty and visually very varied locations eventually, which is fantastic after how monotone spiderman is. Animations look fast as hell, can barely see whats happening there.

"wolverine smell" mechanic, i applaud devs for finding fitting ways to shove batman vision into every game, but god i hate that stuff.

Last edited:

JaksGhost

Just want to put this here as a note from the video:
I played through this leaked Insomniac Wolverine build (an older build than the newer Milestone 13 videos I made previously) and picked as many different usable areas as possible, but a lot is still unfinished as this one was only about 20% complete at the best.
So this isn't anything new, this is still the same stuff from the initial leak.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Why do I get the feeling that Insomniac is leaking this on purpose in some effort to get out of their Wolverine contract? Lol, wishful thinking I guess.

hyperbertha

Yes, please watch an early build with no context or story which hasn't even been fully developed and continue to comment on how boring it is. Your favourite games all looked like this in its early stages, boring and uninspiring with missing presentation. This is why devs don't share these kinds of things to the public.

How anyone can say this looks good or bad based on these leaks is silly.
Then why are the finished Spiderman ganes also boring and inspired?

Lokaum D+

Insomaniac cant get a break, as long as Sony keeps waiting to reveal anything about this game those "leaks" ll continue to kill this game hype.

Sony should put out a trailer showing how graphics and combat look better than what is being leaked or else this game ll be dead before release.

Last edited:

Doom85

They’re not, since it would be contradictory to be both boring and inspired.

50 cent laughing GIF

NickFire

It’s obviously rough and needs a lot more work on graphics. But I think it looks fun, at least for Wolverine fans. I have no issue with a run around and destroy a million enemies with the right character.

I would have preferred only playing as Wolverine the whole game. Kind of burnt out on changing characters with the stealth parts of Spiderman 1/2. But at least her powers look bad ass in this one.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Enemies have Light Sabers?
Probably some kind of magic numbing stick. The devs got to think of something so waves of low level grunts can hurt the superhero. It'd be like a Superman game where enemies all conveniently have kryptonite bullets.

On an aside watching the video, the graphics look better of course as it seems like a newer build but what looks odd is Wolverine waltzing around town in a yellow suit like it's nothing, and zipping around buildings climbing buildings with claws like he's some freebasing mountain climber. I didn't watch Xmen cartoons much as a kid, and I dont follow comics or movies, but I dont remember him doing that in the cartoon at least,

Justin9mm

They're not! The combat in those games is quite fun! Just because you don't like them, doesn't mean they are not good! That's a you problem! If you spent more than 5 minutes as a gamer, you would know the execution and polish of those games is world class.

I don't like classical or Jazz music but I'm not a moron, I can identify and appreciate excellence.

clem84

Gold Member
How can this game keep leaking over and over, and over. You'd think security would be beefed up after the first leak.

acm2000

I'm so glad that when I attack someone with my wolverine claws it doesn't sound like I'm smashing the cutlery drawer like in this game

Spyxos

Gold Member
I'm probably the only one who likes what he's seen. Sure, it's all still unfinished and choppy, but you can now clearly see where the journey is going.

GymWolf

Gold Member
The core combat looks like a carbon copy of Spider-Man and MM (and God of War 2018 to be honest).

Are you trying to say that the core combat mechanics are going to radically change?

They aren’t, and it looks boring.
I haven't seen the leak but spidey and gow play completely different, so pick one dude :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Unless the game has both free flow arkham combat and something more akin to a souls light, which i doubt.

Is it just the close camera?

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Staggered that some people have never seen what an alpha looks like in this industry.
That’s because there are no alphas in this industry, just low (or zero) testosterone blue hairs and soy boys. The only alpha in this industry at the moment is Glen Schofield and he’s been cancelled.

GymWolf

Gold Member
2 hours worth of gameplay but could barely get through 5 minutes. Same repetitive shit over and over.

That said this game is going to fucking tank on release. What a sad story.
A wolverine game failing is hard to believe.

But if Cthulhu exist, a good chunk of people who played panderman 2 is not gonna buy the game immediately and they are gonna check online if wolvie is as woke as that one.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Tbh, with several layers of polish to be added I can see people liking it.

If someone told me this was planned Wolverine DLC for Spiderman, I would believe it, and given the success of the Spiderman titles, I can imagine someone pushing to play it safe and make something similar.

I didn't like Spiderman as much as other people seem to, so I can imagine once finished that this could be exactly what some people are looking for from this franchise.

It's difficult, tbh, to imagine a fun to play Wolverine game that isn't him running around and slashing his claws at people, so I'm not really sure what the expectation is.

Top Bottom