• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Over 2 Hours of Wolverine Gameplay Leak Online

Fess

I'm shilling for... unfinished games?

I just told you not to be moronic.
Well you’re clearly doing something… Why?
People are always mocking games that looks mechanically bad or boring and here you are calling people moronic and doofus for doing what should be seen as perfectly normal.
In the end complaints early will make the game better when it’s out. Once it’s close to release it’s too late. Then we’ll at most get some PR nonsense about how it will keep on getting better and a post-launch repair strategy.

It's definitely a Sony first party game: generic, boring, uninspired with Ubisoft open world bullshit that has been the norm with Sony for the last decade. Thank fuck we have Microsoft and Nintendo at least attempting to add some variety to this clusterfuck of a video game generation.

Last edited:

midnightAI

Well you’re clearly doing something… Why?
People are always mocking games that looks mechanically bad or boring and here you are calling people moronic and doofus for doing what should be seen as perfectly normal.
In the end complaints early will make the game better when it’s out. Once it’s close to release it’s too late. Then we’ll at most get some PR nonsense about how it will keep on getting better and a post-launch repair strategy.
There is a huge difference between criticising leaked footage of a game in development, footage the public is not meant to seen yet to footage that the developer releases once the game is in a fit state to be shown. If you want to complain after real footage is shown then do so, but ALL alpha code, graphics gameplay is subject to change, that is why games are not shown early or gamers will whine and moan about it not being exactly what they want, games would never be completed if they listened to everyone throughout development (many an indie game has been cancelled while trying to get feedback from conception)

midnightAI

It's definitely a Sony first party game. Generic, boring, uninspired with Ubisoft open world bullshit that has been the norm with Sony for the last decade. Thank fuck we have Microsoft and Nintendo at least attempting to add some variety to this clusterfuck of a video game generation.
Say Word Reaction GIF by Justin

Markio128

Gold Member
If these are all prototypes then basing an opinion on them is fine, but not so much on whatever the final game will be. I’d imagine most games look a bit shit at this stage.

I think anyone interested in the game is doing themselves a disservice by just watching these leaks tbh.

Tiago Rodrigues

Gold Member
It's definitely a Sony first party game: generic, boring, uninspired with Ubisoft open world bullshit that has been the norm with Sony for the last decade. Thank fuck we have Microsoft and Nintendo at least attempting to add some variety to this clusterfuck of a video game generation.
Imagine a world without Redfall, Starfield, etc...thank god for all that inspiration.

CuNi

Isn't this like the 3rd leak already or so?
How does this studio get hacked so many times without any effort to implement tighter security or training for employees to not fall for phishing or comparable methods!?

Lupin25

Nah Astro and Returnal are awesome. This is an emotional response.

Tiago Rodrigues

Gold Member
Modders should ask Insomniac for the remaining assets so that they could finish the game (faster than the devs).
1998 - Spyro
1999 - Spyro 2
2000 - Spyro 3
2002 - Ratchet & Clank
2003 - Ratchet & Clank Going Comando
2004 - Ratchet & Clabk Up Your Arsenal
2005 - Ratchet & Clank Deadlocked
2006 - Resistance
2007 - Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
2008 - Ratchet & Clank Quest for Booty / Resistance 2
2009 - Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time
2011 - Resistance 3 / Ratchet & Clank All 4 One
2012 - Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault
2013 - Fuse / Ratchet & Clank Into The Nexus
2014 - Sunset Overdrive
2015 - 3 mobile games released by them
2016 - Ratchet & Clank (remake) plus 3 or 4 smaller projects
2018 - Spider-Man (plus 3 DLCs released for the game)
2019 - 2 smaller projects for PC released
2020 - Miles Morales / Spider-Man Remastered
2021 - Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart
2023 - Spider-Man 2.

Imagine writing a comment like this about Insomniac, lmao.

2016 - Ratchet & Clank (remake) plus 3 or 4 smaller projects
2018 - Spider-Man (plus 3 DLCs released for the game)
2019 - 2 smaller projects for PC released
2020 - Miles Morales / Spider-Man Remastered
2021 - Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart
2023 - Spider-Man 2.
With SM, Insomniac essentially reused stuff from SM and then expanded on it.
Any women with massive jawlines?
I think only elderly Jean Grey I think

Fess

If you want to complain after real footage is shown then do so
Everybody knows it won’t be released like this but complaints near release rarely does anything up til the release, they’re already in the polishing phase by the time they start releasing official gameplay trailers.

I think it’s stumbling on a concept level. If they added bigger jumps, more powerful slams, destruction and made him twice the size and green it would’ve been a cool Hulk game.

midnightAI

Everybody knows it won’t be released like this but complaints near release rarely does anything up til the release, they’re already in the polishing phase by the time they start releasing official gameplay trailers.

I think it’s stumbling on a concept level. If they added bigger jumps, more powerful slams, destruction and made him twice the size and green it would’ve been a cool Hulk game.

Do they? Some in here are almost acting like this is the finished product.

Let the developers make what they want to make, if they listened to everyone during development it would never be finished, especially as everyone has differing opinions.

Fess

Do they? Some in here are almost acting like this is the finished product.

Let the developers make what they want to make, if they listened to everyone during development it would never be finished, especially as everyone has differing opinions.
People are doing like they do with any other game. I don’t see how it’s better to say nothing up til months before release and then start complaining when we know no big changes will be made anyway. You think Concord, Awowed, Assassin’s Creed Shadows, Star Wars Outlaws will get big changes before release because people aren’t excited at this point?

Tiago Rodrigues

Gold Member
With SM, Insomniac essentially reused stuff from SM and then expanded on it.
Same for Ratchet, Resistance, Spyro, every sequel ever in history.

Did you mean they used New York again? Where was Spider-Man supposed to go? Space? Spider-Man 2 has plenty of new areas and the old ones are quite literally changed.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
That frankly looks dull as shit, so I hope they have a lot of work to do on it yet.

Wolvie doesn't have a particular interesting skill set compared to Spidey or Batman. Hard to get a lot of gameplay combat variation in a dude that just claws everything to death.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
All videos are still up. Shouldn’t they get removed by copyright claims by now?
I don't think Sony cares anymore. Or they think that the game is so much better now that it doesn't matter if all this early stuff got leaked, again. Same goes for unfinished Spider-Man 2 on PC which is getting updates and patches believe it or not.

Matsuchezz

Super hero games and movies are a fucking waste of time and money. I hope this kind of crap goes away. Luckily Marvel movies keep getting worse and worse. A wolverine movie with the costume it’s plain stupid. It looks as stupid as the movie with dead pool just ridiculous and cringe.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Watched Wolverine running down a road, through a town, run, run, running. I let out a chuckle when he bumped into a pedestrian and the guy went “Hey! Watch where you’re going!”.

This ain’t no Spiderman. Wolverine’s lack of cool traversal mechanics really sticks out like a sore thumb in 2024.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I'm shilling for... unfinished games?

If you like something someone else doesn't like, or they're told by their favorite YouTuber to not like, you are obviously a paid shill getting a check from the company that makes it.

SkylineRKR

This isn't really going to work. All they can do is adding waves of enemies so Wolverine can slash his way around. He won't have the traversal of Batman or Spiderman. He was mostly always a supporting character anyway.

I think this would work best if they take the DMC or NG template, with linear levels and light puzzles, and a focus on tight combat mechanics and combos. But this likely won't sell.

What they highly like are going to release is yet another safe and by the numbers, easy to play game with the typical checkbox in place. I'll pass.

midnightAI

People are doing like they do with any other game. I don’t see how it’s better to say nothing up til months before release and then start complaining when we know no big changes will be made anyway. You think Concord, Awowed, Assassin’s Creed Shadows, Star Wars Outlaws will get big changes before release because people aren’t excited at this point?
What I am saying is people are complaining about some things that may well have changed already, we don't know, its in development, this is an alpha build. I know 'fact' that if my game was leaked and people were complaining about stuff that I was already working on then I would be annoyed (well, actually, not fully true, I'd do what I hope the majority of these devs are doing and completely ignore everything that is being said, just dont read it in the first place). This is an awful situation to be in as a dev, your game has been leaked, and then people are complaining because it is not up to 'their' expectations. And people complaining about visuals in an alpha build, well, they should just shut the fuck up to be honest.

Same for Ratchet, Resistance, Spyro, every sequel ever in history.
The R&C releases had like 5 years between them (last one and previous one).

And if you bring Resistance, Spyro etc. from the old era - at that time the gamedev took much less time. Like it took 3 years between two mass effects for example.

Last edited:

Fess

What I am saying is people are complaining about some things that may well have changed already, we don't know, its in development, this is an alpha build.
So? People can complain when all that is shown is one drawing, or a story plot, or character art, or even when just learning who the developer is. Alpha, beta, concept, early-access, virtual slice target render. People complain at all these stages for all games when something isn’t exciting.

And take it easy, Insomniac isn’t a tiny dev in risk of being closed. The game will sell 10+ million copies just for the IP and dev and first party status.

There is plenty of time to go into hype mode when the things people complain about is shown to be fixed so the hype is deserved.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
What the fuck you're talking about? The entire trailer was in-game footage.

Oh, or are you literally asking for a 10 minute walkthrough explaining you what GTA is in 2024?
Only one small section of the game had HUD, everything else was CGI animation for the trailer.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Isn't this like the 3rd leak already or so?
How does this studio get hacked so many times without any effort to implement tighter security or training for employees to not fall for phishing or comparable methods!?

Because its taken them this long to compile the stolen assets.

Toons

Yes, please watch an early build with no context or story which hasn't even been fully developed and continue to comment on how boring it is. Your favourite games all looked like this in its early stages, boring and uninspiring with missing presentation. This is why devs don't share these kinds of things to the public.

How anyone can say this looks good or bad based on these leaks is silly.

Its because they'd already decided if they were going to like it or not.

Bond007

Cant wait for this.
And until i see a proper reveal with gameplay- this is all just work in progress. I trust in them- i have no reason not to.

Going with a celshaded comic book accurate direction would alleviate a lot of the problems.

And look great.

Realism and what I can only assume is an initiative to share a universe with Spiderman is severely hurting this game.

midnightAI

So? People can complain when all that is shown is one drawing, or a story plot, or character art, or even when just learning who the developer is. Alpha, beta, concept, early-access, virtual slice target render. People complain at all these stages for all games when something isn’t exciting.

And take it easy, Insomniac isn’t a tiny dev in risk of being closed. The game will sell 10+ million copies just for the IP and dev and first party status.

There is plenty of time to go into hype mode when the things people complain about is shown to be fixed so the hype is deserved.
And I'm saying it's completely pointless complaining. That's all people seem to do these days, complain complain complain.... And the irony is I'm complaining about people complaining.

(And I agree it will sell millions regardless of some in here thinking (hah, hoping more like) this game will tank)

Top Bottom