• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

Burbeting

Banned
Day 1:

At first, Barry is pretty much not there for the first half of D1. He makes a question about Kyan rolling scum so often, but that's it. He only actually begins to post in page 12 and onwards.

www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=219962369&postcount=592 After pushed for thoughts, Barry makes a light comment about the mass claim idea being bad, and that he thinks Haly is town due to making that idea. I can see his logic, scum would be careful.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=219966686&postcount=598 Basically a filler post. Do note that Barry was seemingly still catching up at this point.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=219993407&postcount=666 Barry says he has caught up to this post. Not very deep thoughts on this one, but I do agree mostly what he said here about peeking. Re-inforcing the "zany Haly must be town" idea.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220053172&postcount=792 First post from Barry that seems to have some actual substance to it. It's mostly him just recapping the peeking debate up to that point though, but the thoughts he has seem contributive-ish. He votes for Zeke here. It's the first vote for Zeke, so it wouldn't put him into inherent danger.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220053493&postcount=793 Top town/top scum post, but it's mostly just referencing earlier posts. A short remark about cabot, though.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220061023&postcount=819 Question to Bronx about peeking.

Day 2 coming next.

Burbeting

Banned
Day 2:

www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220179781&postcount=1253 Not much here, just justification for not being around. Continuation to the feeling of uncertainty about Zeke, which seems consistent enough from D1.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220180012&postcount=1255 Zeke appears, and Barry puts a vote on him. No reason given, although it sounds like it's due to D1, and the stuff Barry mentioned about peeking. Note that this vote was put before any of the drama between Ouro, Verelios and Zeke had begun.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220196118&postcount=1351
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220196505&postcount=1359 Few short posts about Verelios being scummy. At the time of these posts, all three claims have happened, and the drama is going.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220196979&postcount=1366
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220197150&postcount=1368
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220197465&postcount=1371 Some very light questions and conversation with Ouro. Not much to comment on, but Barry could have been more active here. I mean, there were lots of conflicting claims, yet he seems very... calm and neutral.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220197612&postcount=1373 Not much to say.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220198968&postcount=1392 A note at nin. I thought that nin had claimed JOAT at this point...? Or do I remember wrong. Anyway, this post feels pretty weak...
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220199037&postcount=1394 ...But in this post he seems to back down a little. "I didn't know this was role madness".
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220201203&postcount=1424 Vote is then shifted from Zeke to nin.

Note: Barry votes for nin at this point, due to nin only claiming cop capabilities at this time. Nin only claims JOAT at post 1550 here: www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220219428&postcount=1550, when Barry voted on post 1424.

www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220201554&postcount=1426 Filler, sorta.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220206804&postcount=1515 Thinking about hero name cop. This post actually bothers me... mostly because scum would know that Ouro wasn't the real widowmaker, and I bet this was one of the theories they had in the scum chat at the time.

Nin claims after this post. But Barry is not around to comment, or remove his vote from nin, since:

www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220274457&postcount=1793 This is posted right as AB hammers. Barry promises to catch up.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220274565&postcount=1794 Except he ran out of time.

Almost all of Barry's posts are very small, and do not have much insight. He is definitely flying under the radar, only very lightly touching any of the drama going on through-out the day. His vote on nin is not too incriminating. If we assume some of the remaining scum wanted to stay as far away as possible from the fireworks, he would definitely fit the criteria.

Today next.

Burbeting

Banned
Day 3, until this moment.

www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220407085&postcount=1821 Making assumptions about how Ouro knew Verelios was scum. This theory is closest to what I think happened as well. We most likely won't know for sure until post-game, unless something unexpected turns up. Since we won't know, speculation won't lead us closer to catching scum.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220407953&postcount=1824 I agreed with this sentiment earlier today, but I'm not so sure any more, since Fran and Splinter did point out that Zeke most likely had to counter-claim Ouro, or it would have become apparent later that Widowmaker was a scum hero. But still... if Zeke claimed in order to protect Verelios, what Barry says here might be important. It's one of the reasons why I'm keeping my vote on Cherry.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220408205&postcount=1825 Calling out Bronx's strange logic. Nothing towny or scummy in this post.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220418817&postcount=1885 The implication here is that no other scum than Zeke voted Ouro on D2. It's something *Splinter argued as well. I was feeling confident earlier that there might be another scum on Ouro-voters, but I'm not so sure any more. But if there was, this post might be scum-barry diverting attention from said scum.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220419601&postcount=1887 A question at me. Nothing to comment.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220421277&postcount=1893 Filler
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220436561&postcount=1927 Question at Fran, mostly filler though.

Today Barry has been very... fillery. No real scumhunting going on in these posts, that's for sure.

Burbeting

Banned
There isn't anything super scummy so far about Barry, although that vote on nin seemed little off, although I can see town player do that vote as well. What bothers me most is how he fits the criteria of a coasting scum. He was pretty avoiding the central conflict of D2, mostly just making small 1-2 lines long posts, that were very inoffensive. Today has been the same, there hasn't been much scum-hunting going on.

He could easily be a coasting scum.

anyway, lynch talk.

Cherrybomb- nah.
while i dont townread her in any sense, i wont be voting for her today. i can give the benifit of the doubt for the Ouro/ Verelious thing yesterday, and i dont feel i have a strong enough read on her today.

Splinter- a solid maybe.
i initially didn't think much of his position yesterday since i felt i got where he was coming from. however his notable and uncharacteristic absence today has had me rethinking this.
but hes posting again, so lets see where this goes.

Barrylock- sure, why not.
basically a non presence this whole game, could very well be be coasting scum.

AbsolutBro- eh, i guess.
im really having trouble getting a consistent feeling here, the Vere hammer could go both ways, and the very defensive posting doesn't look great, but then he has had plenty of accusations to defend himself from.

Mazre- ....yes?
i got scum vibes here on day 1 and nothing has made me change that feeling, unfortunately nothing has happend to really confirm my suspicions here either.
really would like to hear more from.

Ty4on- uhhhhhhh
i have like no read on ty4on, at all, every-time he posts i am only reminded he is in fact in this game.

for now at least
vote: Mazre

Mazre

Sorry for the limited posting yesterday, work was extra stressful.

Looking over day 1 and 2 voting points me towards a couple of clusters.

I wouldn't be surprised to find some bus action on Ver day 2. There was also a fairly high overlap among ynnek voters and Ver voters. Of these ty, absolutbro, and xam stand out. Of those 3 I could easily see at least 1 being a scum. Absolutbro throwing the hammer makes him the least likely but I could see a scum deciding to try and grab some town cred by doing so (I know I'd be tempted to in that situation).

People voting for Me/Zeke day 1. Seems like they're could be a scum stashed here as well. *Splinter certainly seems to be drawing speculation from a number of people though my gut makes me think he's town, mostly as he was willing to take up such an unpopular side yesterday between Ouro and Zeke when he could've easily avoided it had he felt like it. I think I'm slightly more suspcious of Barry than Haly and I'm not sure of Stanley. franconp I feel towny about for the time being.

Gonna sleep on it and put up a vote in the morning before work. Will be busy most likely at deadline.

Sophia

There isn't anything super scummy so far about Barry, although that vote on nin seemed little off, although I can see town player do that vote as well. What bothers me most is how he fits the criteria of a coasting scum. He was pretty avoiding the central conflict of D2, mostly just making small 1-2 lines long posts, that were very inoffensive. Today has been the same, there hasn't been much scum-hunting going on.

He could easily be a coasting scum.

Hmmm. Do you think he's coasting scum or do you still want to lynch Cherry first? Sounds to me like you make a much more convincing argument for Barry.

Ty4on- uhhhhhhh
i have like no read on ty4on, at all, every-time he posts i am only reminded he is in fact in this game.

He's a hard read for sure. I had to go back to re-read him, but he doesn't really seem scummy to be, and he's active.

Hey Barry, if you're here, could you answer Cabot's request from earlier?

Alright, let's pass the parcel around shall we?

Top scum from everyone remaining in the game.

Really want to hear your top scum now in light of Burb's analyst and Ezekel's flip.

Burbeting

Banned
Hmmm. Do you think he's coasting scum or do you still want to lynch Cherry first? Sounds to me like you make a much more convincing argument for Barry.

I think my vote still stays on Cherry. Ignoring Verelios still doesn't make me feel good, and that last angry defence doesn't really inspire confidence, either.

However, like others, it might be wise to give her the benefit of the doubt, since she entered during pretty hectic moment...?

I might switch my vote to Barry later, but I really need to look at both of the two again, and preferably see both of them post more.

Ty4on

www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220206804&postcount=1515 Thinking about hero name cop. This post actually bothers me... mostly because scum would know that Ouro wasn't the real widowmaker, and I bet this was one of the theories they had in the scum chat at the time.
Hmm, I see where you're coming from. It does sort of seem to come from someone who knows and wonders what the hell Ouro was doing.

Still to me the most incriminating is seeing Barry talking after Ezekel's claim, but never asking him anything. It's almost too blatant.

*Splinter

I'm sorry about my lack of contribution today, I haven't given this game as much time as I usually do so I feel really out of the loop on things. On the plus side we're ahead, so if I'm mislynched it's not the end if the world.

For now, I'm going for one of my newer suspects:

VOTE: AbsolutBro

His slow start I was willing to ignore since he said he was busy, I haven't seen much change since then though, which would leave him at a nullish-scum-coasty read. His big red flag though is the hammer yesterday. I think he wanted credit for that lynch.

*Splinter

Also I hadn't considered Barry before (kind of forgot about him) but I agree he seems to be coasting. I know from past games that scum Barry coasts a fair amount, don't have much recollection of his town game though.

Sorian

Banned
Cherry Bomb (3)
cabot
Burbeting
Xamtheking
Bronx-Man
Ty4on

AbsolutBro (2)
WhereAreMahDragonz
*Splinter

StanleyPalmtree (1)
franconp

*Splinter (1)
melonrabbit

Haly (1)
Kingkitty

Kingkitty (1)
Haly

Mazre (1)
StanleyPalmtree

10 votes for majority
Day 3 ends in:
red_1476903600.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Speaking of Doctor, isn't Armorer superior to Doctor in every way? I don't think we'd have a regular Doctor on top of Armorer.

Sophia

Heading off to bed. I like Burb's posts on Barrylocke and would rather lynch him over Cherry.

Don't hammer the vote this time, for crying out loud.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think you could only protect any given player one time

Well the thing that makes Armorer better is that the protection is "sticky".
Targeting a new player will remove the old vest and I will let you know when/if the current vest out is used up. You may self-target.
Which means he can leave a vest on someone the entire game. It could even be that someone has a vest right now (it's unclear if the vest fades with the death of Torb). Most Doctors can't even self target but Ouro could've kept himself alive forever unless scum used a "strong' kill on him.

cabot

I echo the request to hear what your 'risky' lynch is if you claim Cherry to be safe.

I must admit it all echoes WWE for me regarding Cherry, almost down to a tee except for the claim not making sense.

VOTE: Barrylocke

cabot

Well the thing that makes Armorer better is that the protection is "sticky".

Which means he can leave a vest on someone the entire game. It could even be that someone has a vest right now (it's unclear if the vest fades with the death of Torb). Most Doctors can't even self target but Ouro could've kept himself alive forever unless scum used a "strong' kill on him.

Please note, only one vest may be out at a time and you may never target the same player twice over the duration of the game.

Considering scum had alternating 2-kill nights and there's at least one vigi shot, I'd hardly describe Ouro's ability as being able to 'keep him alive forever'

Mazre

VOTE: AbsolutBro

Not terribly confident of this vote but we'l see if a longshot pays off. Will try to check in at lunch.

Burbeting

Banned
I was hoping to see Barrylocke and Cherry Bomb to both post while I was sleeping, but I guess that was too much asked for.

Still, due to her joining the game at a hectic time, I'm ready to give Cherry a second chance. I'm not feeling very good about Barry at this moment.

cabot

lol

yeah, you got me. I'm scum. I attacked myself last night and was protected.

Is this confirmation you were 'attacked' last night?

Oops, I meant I'm not scum and I was protected.

1) Ouro used the vest on himself (Not particularly surprising)
2) He was notified it was used up.
3) He went after Verelios hard D1, figures scum was afraid and went all in.

That's my conclusion, continuing through D2 start.

cabot

I'm tunneling here, sure, but I have good reason. I did the same thing to Scrafty on D1 of GAFia 1 and she was scum. D2 of that game I did the same thing, and while Retro wasn't scum, he was an SK.

Feeling sure in my theory, trying now to catch out reactions to it.

franconp

1) Ouro used the vest on himself (Not particularly surprising)
2) He was notified it was used up.
3) He went after Verelios hard D1, figures scum was afraid and went all in.

That's my conclusion, continuing through D2 start.

I did the same theory yesterday. The only thing that I find weird is why there was only one kill last night. Eze should have used his power last night so there should be 2 NKs. Did Ouro blocked another one?

cabot

Examining specific reactions now after Ouro's tunnel deepens, he eventually claims cop, then widowmaker and I stop once EzekelRAGE counter claims:

• So from what I gather... lynch Verelios, if he isn't scum, then lynch Ouro (or vice versa). I'm not a big fan of lynch chains, but I'll give Verelios/Ouro a deep dank read.
  • A good chunk of day 1 was dedicated to peeping or something, and mass claiming, and no lynching and all I can say is no thank u.
  • Bronx threw a lil doubt on the lynch chain idea, but then like 5 mins later decided to run full pants towards creating a lynch chain. It makes me weary. Bronx has also played a bit of a de-motivator. When arguing for a no-lynch, he said "scum wins every damn time" because we as a town refuse to do different tactics like a no lynch on D1. And that we have to play "smarter". I get a whiff of "I'm a frustrated townie trust me pls". Looking at Day 1, he commented
Bronx (at least for the moment) it's time for you to be (insert Overwatch reference, I don't play this game).

vote: Bronx-Man

If there's a specific person someone wants me to give a read on, ask away. I'll be sitting here in the dark.

Kind of distant mention of it, where the post is in the thick of Ouro vs Vere. I find this abstraction irritating, though not the most incriminating post.

I slept through the end of the last day. I'm more used to these phases ending at 5PM EST.

Anyway Ynnnek? Not expected at all. I'll have to go through the prior pages when GAF isn't being a piece of shit.

Vote: Mazre

Haly's first post, which is well after Ouro vs Vere has begun, completely ignoring it seems odd.

I slept through day 1 end as well actually. I want to see what EzekelRAGE did during that time and read more of his posts because I still felt some negative feelings about him with the peek thing. I should read about ouro vs Verelios too.

I will be around in 4-6 hours to do my readings. I hope I'm not alone. Maybe it'll be easier to be more consistent with a bounce off buddy or two.

This is harder to read, acknowledges it, says he'll post later. Can't read this either way.

We're now at the point where Ouro has claimed both cop and Widowmaker.

Pretty strong claim. In the event that another Widowmaker feels like directly contradicting I'd recommend not divulging your ability. In the event theres another cop I'd recommend not divulging at all at this point. Just my 2 cents. I'm fine with lynching Verelious this phase but want to go over some things tomorrow morning, as well as obviously giving everyone a chance to weigh in on day 2.

@Sorian, any word on Kyan, has he been around since early game start? Normally I wouldn't ask this soon but we are on an accelerated schedule here.

I'm scumreading every player who mentions 'I'll believe this claim if there isn't a counter claim' and Mazre is numero uno. I also was confused by the 'Pretty strong claim' line, it's almost like he doesn't believe it, like he knows perhaps the real Widowmaker is yet to appear.

I for one am not going to drink Ouro's koolaid this quickly

Not quite as clear as Mazre, but still holds some apprehension in believing Ouro at this stage. Remember this is a game where players are 1:1 ratio of heroes, name claiming shouldn't really bring much suspicion.

I'm of the mind to believe Ouro, unless someone proves me wrong with a counter claim or whatever.

Number 2. Why is the first thought of this a counter claim? You'd only think that if you knew something was up with the claim.

WAMD or Mazre, WAMD or Mazre....

Notice how both WAMD and Mazre are pushing for an AB lynch.

Ty4on

RN I much prefer a Barry lynch over an AB lynch.

I did the same theory yesterday. The only thing that I find weird is why there was only one kill last night. Eze should have used his power last night so there should be 2 NKs. Did Ouro blocked another one?

This is assuming two types of role blockers, but I'm thinking Ezekel was blocked. He was such a high profile target that it makes the most sense to me.

franconp

RN I much prefer a Barry lynch over an AB lynch.

This is assuming two types of role blockers, but I'm thinking Ezekel was blocked. He was such a high profile target that it makes the most sense to me.

Maybe. But Ynnek was a roleblocker. I'm not so sure about a second one. Maybe someone with several 1 shot powers? I like that idea more.

Top Bottom