• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

Firstly, if I was scum I would simply be shutting my mouth right now and coasting. I'd pop in, ask a question, maybe answer something. No way am I doing huge multiquotes, throwing in late explanations or basically doing anything that might get me noticed.

Weird reasoning? Where, exactly? I have explained it as thoroughly as I possibly can. My D1 Ezekel vote was initially based on "gut feelings" about peek proponents. (A point on which I was right, I might add.) My D1 Ynnek vote was absolutely purposefully tying the vote, to see how votes moved, maybe even save my own ass. I am really not sure how to explain it any clearer than that.

My hammer vote on Vere I explained earlier. It's here, in case you missed it.

As for not adding anything productive, pot/kettle much?

Sorry, been a bit busy. Didn't forget, though!

I will admit, you were right about the Zeke vote on day one. However, I don't like how your votes rarely stick to a single player and instead just jump around until you get something that sticks. On day one, I got that noncommittal vibe from you, and my opinion on the matter has not changed. I play town by trusting my gut; usually, since we have no direct teammates, it's the only thing we CAN rely on.

Your explanation for the Verelios hammer, while logical, also fits this bill. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I can't really go back and pull up receipts considering I'm on mobile, but you had votes on several people throughout the day. Only when you knew Verelios was doomed for sure did you condemn him and jumped on the train. Honest question: if you believed Ouro from the start, as it sounds like you did, why not stay on Verelios?

I do appreciate your previous post though; however, you still strike me as iffy.

Sorian

Banned
*Splinter (4)
melonrabbit
nin1000
Kingkitty
Haly

Mazre (4)
StanleyPalmtree
cabot
Sophia
Bronx-Man

AbsolutBro (2)
WhereAreMahDragonz
*Splinter
Mazre

Barrylocke (2)
cabot
Burbeting
Ty4on

Cherry Bomb (1)
cabot
Burbeting
Xamtheking
Bronx-Man
Ty4on

StanleyPalmtree (1)
franconp

Haly (0)
Kingkitty

Kingkitty (0)
Haly

10 votes for majority.

Cherry Bomb

Neo Member
I'm still t0tes 'spish of AB but some other players have raised some sooper legit points about Barry and I think I'd like to see him address them before the end of the day *o*9

VOTE: Barrylocke

Sophia

*confused*

Okay so we have Kingkitty shifting vote to Splinter, but previously wanted to vote for Haly. Haly now also shifted vote to Splinter, oddly.... and now Bronx comes in and ties the vote 4:4 for Mazre/Splinter.

And then we have a completely de-attached "Why are you even playing this game?" Cherry Bomb come in and vote for Barrylocke, seemingly unaware of the tie that just happened some 10-15 minutes before her vote.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It was obvious from the get-go that a kingkitty vote wouldn't happen. It wasn't even a serious vote.

I had pegged AB and *Splinter as my ScumReads™ for D3 and AB put up a good defense so now I'm voting *Splinter.

However, I don't like how your votes rarely stick to a single player and instead just jump around until you get something that sticks.
I seriously do not get where you are getting this from. I have put down a total of three votes all game. EzekelRage, Ynnek and then Vere. That's it. There has been no jumping and D2 I did not "have votes on several people throughout the day".

*confused*

Okay so we have Kingkitty shifting vote to Splinter, but previously wanted to vote for Haly. Haly now also shifted vote to Splinter, oddly.... and now Bronx comes in and ties the vote 4:4 for Mazre/Splinter.

And then we have a completely de-attached "Why are you even playing this game?" Cherry Bomb come in and vote for Barrylocke, seemingly unaware of the tie that just happened some 10-15 minutes before her vote.

It does push Barry to 3 votes, putting him just behind our tie leaders. Seems familiar...

Anyway, between our vote leaders I am most suspicious of and think we will get the most information from *Splinter. That is where my vote will probably go, but we have another hour and some before deadline.

Cherry Bomb

Neo Member
I'm really curious about this sudden surge of votes.

I seriously hope you have more to post than that, Cherry.

I was locked in a room without WiFi for 8 hours yesterday so I was stuck playing catchup again >_<

My top town list is now nin (who I doubt is the neutral), cabot, WAMD, fran and melonrabbit.

Top scum are still AB (wavering on him though cuz he seems to be pretty hardnosed in his defense), Splinter, and Stan.

??? are the same but with the addition of Barry.

Ty4on

I was locked in a room without WiFi for 8 hours yesterday so I was stuck playing catchup again >_<

My top town list is now nin (who I doubt is the neutral), cabot, WAMD, fran and melonrabbit.

Top scum are still AB (wavering on him though cuz he seems to be pretty hardnosed in his defense), Splinter, and Stan.

Why do you town read WAMD?

Sophia

If Barry's in your unknown category, and you've got AB, Splinter and Stan in your top scum... why are you voting for Barry over Splinter or Stanley then?

franconp

Vote: *Splinter

I still think Stanley is mafia but I don't want any last minute shenanigans so I will change my vote and restrict it between the tied ones. Between Mazre and Splinter I choose Splinter because after starting strong he began to post a lot less, give less insights and play real defensive. I feel Mazre slightly more townie than Splinter.

I won't change this vote anymore and I would like that if anyone want's to change their vote do it now to avoid problems.

Cherry Bomb

Neo Member
Why do you town read WAMD?

His votes and playstyle give me a good gut feeling, some Day 1 Zeke weirdness aside. Plus he's been staunchly opposed to AB, one of my top scum, and not in a way that seems like a gambit or bus ~_~

If Barry's in your unknown category, and you've got AB, Splinter and Stan in your top scum... why are you voting for Barry over Splinter or Stanley then?

Because, tbh honest, town's been flip-flopping all over the place. >:0

The train on mr disintegrated while I was away last night and then focused on Barrylocke, with some good points being brought up. Then before I could respond today it shifted again onto Splinter and Mazre, and seems to be headed that way in this final hour. I think Barry deserves more scrutiny and nothing gets people talking like having their nose to the fire with little time left; otherwise he slips away and we lose momentum. To be entitely honest, I'm actually somewhat suspicious of some of the people who switched off of me after my minimal defense cuz to me that says they didn't feel to strongly about both their vote and pressing for more information.

If Barry loses more votes to distance himself from the other two or if he doesn't respond soon then I'll switch to Splinter, but I really want him to talk right now.

Burbeting

Banned
Between Mazre and *Splinter, I would rather see Mazre lynched today. Splinter's actions yesterday (defending Zeke and Verelios) would be really brisk move from a scum. Would three scum really be that visible group?

*Splinter

I'm getting ready to walk out the door.... but if you're town, why not prove them wrong?
All I have is words, and noone should still be trusting me with those.

Look, I'm going to be mislynched sooner or later. I've spent all game defending scum and trying to lynch the cop. I also clearly don't care enough to dig myself out of the hole I've dug. If I have to be lynched then now is better than lylo.

But my flip will be a surprise to noone. Anyone who thinks my apathy indicates I'm scum is either unfamiliar with my past games or lying through their teeth, that's about the only advice I can give at this point.

Also someone should take a look at WAMD, Absolut makes a good point about his votes - WAMD's reason for voting him is an empty excuse to place a vote, nothing more.

I still think Stanley is mafia but I don't want any last minute shenanigans so I will change my vote and restrict it between the tied ones.
We have 45 minutes until deadline, so there is still time. FWIW, I would not be opposed to a Stanley vote, though I think it gives us less information than either Mazre or Splinter. Maybe we revisit during next day phase.

So we're going with the easy option today, huh?
FWIW I am retracting my previous comment. I honestly think Mazre's lynch will give us more information, so:

Vote: Mazre

It will put the votes from D1 into more context. There are some strange votes in there (Ez going me instead of Mazre being the biggest one) and I am hoping this can shed some light on that.

Sorian

Banned
*Splinter (5)
melonrabbit
nin1000
Kingkitty
Haly
franconp

Mazre (5)
StanleyPalmtree
cabot
Sophia
Bronx-Man
AbsolutBro

Barrylocke (3)
cabot
Burbeting
Ty4on
Cherry Bomb

AbsolutBro (2)
WhereAreMahDragonz
*Splinter
Mazre

Cherry Bomb (1)
cabot
Burbeting
Xamtheking
Bronx-Man
Ty4on

StanleyPalmtree (0)
franconp

Haly (0)
Kingkitty

Kingkitty (0)
Haly

10 votes for majority.
red_1476903600.png

*Splinter

Oh, also remember to lynch Stan if there were no other protects on N1. Fran's theory is a long shot but if Ouro was our "doctor" then I dont think he'd have been able to protect anyone? Roleblocker was also out before then. Nin had a protection shot he didn't use. We're running out of explanations for that missing kill.

Burbeting

Banned
Splinter and Mazre have both been suspiciously silent today, that's for sure. However, like said before, I can't see scum Splinter be as loud advocate of Ouro lynch as he was yesterday, defending Zeke and Verelios in the process. Scum would know that once Verelios/Zeke would flip, that would look suspicious as hell. I would see scum instead stay back from the conflict going on. This fits Barrylocke, and Mazre as well.

I'll break the tie.

VOTE: Mazre

Ty4on

I'd maybe prefer Mazre over Splinter, but just because I feel like Splinter is more town. Mazre liked to talk about Ouro and whom else to lynch rather than Verelios, but he didn't completely ignore the two scum and he also pushed for the turbo. Splinter-wise I just don't see Scum!Splinter immediately jumping onto Verelios and then the next day trying to lead the lynch against Ouro. That progression looked really weird for a scum. Why bus and then go hardcore against the lynch?

I'd maybe prefer Mazre over Splinter, but just because I feel like Splinter is more town. Mazre liked to talk about Ouro and whom else to lynch rather than Verelios, but he didn't completely ignore the two scum and he also pushed for the turbo. Splinter-wise I just don't see Scum!Splinter immediately jumping onto Verelios and then the next day trying to lead the lynch against Ouro. That progression looked really weird for a scum. Why bus and then go hardcore against the lynch?

You're welcome to actually vote for one of them you know. :p

Sorian

Banned
Mazre (8)
StanleyPalmtree
cabot
Sophia
Bronx-Man
AbsolutBro
Burbeting
Xamtheking
Haly