• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So I know a bulk of the game is MP and dont bother if you aren't planning on playing any MP, but the OT indicates that there are some 1p "practice"/bot modes? Can this game be played offline at all?

Not sure about playing offline, but they do have a mode where you can play with other people against bots.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I won something!
WzEG3w2.png

Beta thread HoS

Wow, didn't realize I posted that much in the beta thread lol.

Since we're all posting, open beta stats:

iKkRadb.jpg

Didn't actually get too much time to play during the open beta, and when I did I tried to avoid playing the heroes I played in the closed beta. Really started liking Soldier: 76, Genji, and Zenyatta.

Maelstorm1226

Neo Member
Waiting for my PC Collectors Edition to arrive and for my PS4 copy to unlock! Thank god it's a 3-day weekend coming up. So much Overwatch will be played.

Xeteh

Let's break it down:

- She can wall off corridors and entryways with a barrier that has more health than Reinhardt's shield.
- She has a self-heal that makes her impervious to damage. It is better than both Roadhog and Bastion's self-heal AND lasts longer than Zarya's target barrier (you know, the character whose abilities are making barriers). This will also BLOCK enemies' progress on objectives. There is no way to damage this or move it.
- Her freeze takes way too little time to complete. Even dashing around as Tracer, it felt impossible to escape.
- She has both freezing AND sniping capabilities.
- Her ultimate is stronger than most other characters. Not only is it AoE, it freezes AND damages all characters within AND lasts longer than Zarya's.

I like the balance in this game, but Mei is just the stick in the mud who I always found grossly overpowered.

Play her then. See how overpowered all those things feel.

The fact that you're saying Tracer gets frozen when you play her makes me question what you're doing though. Tracer is impossible to freeze, if you're up on Mei then you're doing it wrong.

Wait is this Official?

...no?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
How can anybody possibly hate Mei?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_End1a4Jp_I

Wait is this Official?

No, it's SFM.
Play her then. See how overpowered all those things feel.

The fact that you're saying Tracer gets frozen when you play her makes me question what you're doing though. Tracer is impossible to freeze, if you're up on Mei then you're doing it wrong.
Tracer is possible to beat on Mei if the Tracer in question isn't very good. Matchups and difficulty vary wildly with skill brackets.

Liberty4all

Banned
I went back and forth of getting Doom or Overwatch. In the end I decided that as I prefer competitive multiplayer games this is the right choice. I never played the beta ... Thought about getting Battleborn too but I think this will have more staying power on ps4.

Salarians

Requestin a mode that removes
- Bastion
- Mei
- Widowmaker
- Hanzo
- Genji
- Tracer
- Reaper
- Torbjorn
- Reinhardt
- Mercy
- Winston
- Symmetra
- Zarya
- D.Va
- Roadhog
- Junkrat
- Pharah
- Lucio
- McCree
- Zenyatta
- abilities
- ults
and make it FFADM

thanks Blizzard

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
there's co-op bot matches but that's it. And they're boring as hell, I would not recommend this game at all if you want PVE or solo.

I would only use the mode for practicing with different characters. I have real limited experience with team based shooters, I don't think Destiny counts for much.

The things she 's supposed to be good at other people do better and she has far too many gaps in her kit for her to be effective in a coordinated setting.
I actually agree with all of this. But I play a lot of Genji and Winston, so Mei is an insufferable nuisance that I sometimes have to run from to reset the terms of engagement. And any character that conjures up memories of Halo Reach's Armor Lock ability is going to get a thumbs down from me.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
That's... a little late isn't it (compared to the servers)?

I'm west coast, so might be waiting until Tuesday.

6 hours to preload should be plenty for most people, especially as you can just update the beta client.

My copy from Amazon shipped!

And says it will be delivered Thursday.

Even with Prime, Hawai'i get's the short end of the stick.

I went back and forth of getting Doom or Overwatch. In the end I decided that as I prefer competitive multiplayer games this is the right choice. I never played the beta ... Thought about getting Battleborn too but I think this will have more staying power on ps4.

Eh, Battleborn is dying really fast. Not saying it's a bad game, but it'll be really hard to find games in the future... especially since this is coming out now.

Honestly, getting this over Doom is the right choice. Doom's awesome campaign isn't going anywhere, and it'll just go down in price as time goes on.

Dinjooh

Unfortunately I honestly don't recall - I've had it since mid-2009 if that helps at all. What's the easiest way to check the exact model?

Windows key - Type: Dxdiag - Hit enter - Go to Display tab.

Should be listed there.

Someone's gonna come with a way faster way to do it in a sec, but that's how I've always done.

GSR

Download and install the program 'Speccy'. It's available here: https://www.piriform.com/speccy

Just get the free version. Once it's installed, run it, and it will tell you the exact GPU you have.

Windows key - Type: Dxdiag - Hit enter - Go to Display tab.

Should be listed there.

Someone's gonna come with a way faster way to do it in a sec, but that's how I've always done.

Tried DxDiag and all it gave me was ATI Radeon 4800HD series. Speccy gives slightly more: 512MB ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (MSI)

Ringing any bells?

(Thanks for helping out on this, by the way.)

Actually, a little googling says that's a 4850 - exactly the minimum.

Man, all the shorts made me feel things. Even the parts that weren't particularly emotional. No idea why.

I feel the same way. Even though people are trashing on the Soldier 76 one, I thought it was still great and it really hyped me up. Even made me want to play as him more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom