• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whales

Banned
also, did blizzard change balance a little bit for the full release?

y'know, nerfing mei so she isn't as fucking annoying? would be cool

thanks blizz

Speely

Banned
also, did blizzard change balance a little bit for the full release?

y'know, nerfing mei so she isn't as fucking annoying? would be cool

thanks blizz

The company name is Blizzard. Mei's conditional effectiveness is in their best interest. Meta branding.

Liberty4all

Banned
Thanks guys I'm looking forward to this. I was really torn between this or Doom. I'm a multiplayer guy at heart so hopefully this was the right choice.

Speely

Banned
How awesome would that be.

"We said no new heroes at launch BUT NOTHING ABOUT RIGHT BEFORE LAUNCH, BAM."

I would lose my shit. Like literally, I would drop trou and take a dump, then run around so crazily that I would not be able to locate the poop I had produced.

Tried DxDiag and all it gave me was ATI Radeon 4800HD series. Speccy gives slightly more: 512MB ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (MSI)

Ringing any bells?

(Thanks for helping out on this, by the way.)

Actually, a little googling says that's a 4850 - exactly the minimum.

You're probably going to have to lower the resolution a bit, I'd say to like 900p or maybe 720, if you want to get the smoothest framerate. The game will look a bit soft, but still great. I would know, I tried Overwatch on my old laptop that only has Intel integrated graphics and it was somewhat playable, although at a pretty low resolution.

I don't think you'll have issues as long as you don't mind playing on low settings, but if you want to improve your performance and your computer is a standard desktop, you could always go on eBay and purchase a used GTX 750Ti or AMD equivalent R7 360.

Hey, look at that, there's a really good deal on one right now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MSI-GTX-750ti-/131824103982?hash=item1eb154322e:g:QqoAAOSwQaJXQlA2

$66 for a GPU that usually sells for $100+. Not bad, and it makes games like Battlefield 4 run at 60fps at 1920x1080 on Medium settings, so maybe give that a look.

Mupod

I would only use the mode for practicing with different characters. I have real limited experience with team based shooters, I don't think Destiny counts for much.

you're good to go then. There's a dedicated training mode to screw around in.

Also everyone is going to be terrible for a week or two, trust me you could be playing with your feet and nobody would notice.

ExVicis

I feel the same way. Even though people are trashing on the Soldier 76 one, I thought it was still great and it really hyped me up. Even made me want to play as him more.
People are trashing on it? Why? I thought it was really good, especially for a short. It's pretty much Pixar quality.

People are trashing on it? Why? I thought it was really good, especially for a short. It's pretty much Pixar quality.

Just basically calling it a Batman ripoff and talking about how his voice is far more gruff than it is in the game. I guess a lot of people were hoping for some backstory, but that's not what we got.

Oh yes, I know she can get countered.

She's just annoying to play against when you aren'tt playing one of these. Being frozen like 5 times in a row gets frustrating lol

Yeah, it really is. I was completely destroying people with her in the beta and I didn't even know that her gun had a secondary fire lol.

Thoraxes

image.php

==========================

Sooo pumped for this!
:D

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yes, I know she can get countered.

She's just annoying to play against when you aren'tt playing one of these. Being frozen like 5 times in a row gets frustrating lol

Just keep your distance and try not to go 1v1 against her. Try to draw her towards your team where you will have others to help you take her out. She can't out-DPS you in a 2v1 situation.

If you want to bully Mei, may I introduce you to Zarya. Her shields nullify the freeze gun.
Pharah and Widowmaker don't even have to worry about her gun from where they're usually shooting.

Also Reaper is pretty solid (because at the range Mei can freeze him, he destroys her).

Of course, by using Reaper to defeat Mei, you have only defeated yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom