• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

People just don't like being CCed. It's inherently frustrating to lose control. Players will learn to play against Mei's weaknesses. Game is still new and in that kind of atmosphere characters like Mei who take advantage of stragglers and impetuous individuals seem OP.

I've had this same conversation with people who bitch and moan about R. Mika in SFV, she has an Irish whip (for anyone who watches wrestling) where the player is forced to run to one end of the screen and bounce back off the wall, people act like its so overpowered but its no different from any other confirm, it just takes longer for you to regain control. I remember years ago Blizzard talking about CC in PVP in World of Warcraft that people just absolutely hate the feeling of not being in control of their own character.

Don't get me wrong, I think Mei is great but people need to stop acting like she's some insanely overpowered monster that can't be stopped.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
When I played the open beta, I never thought about switching characters mid game but I probably should in the future. Also, I learned that Mei (😍) was more OP then I assumed she was.

You become way more formidable if you give in to switching. There's a reason the rosters are secret until an enemy spots you. It allows you to be unpredictable.

KyleCross

I've not played many MP games including TF2, in fact I've long considered myself to hate MP, and never play any. But lately I've come to the conclusion that I don't hate MP, just the loneliness that often comes with them turns me off.

I think a MP with a focus on team work may be what I'm missing and so I've preordered Overwatch on a whim.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Beta stats? Beta stats!
arubzXe.jpg
I'm usually worried about FPS population when it comes to Western console games on the PS4 here in Japan, but since we're clumped with South Korea, I guess we should be fine for a while.

BraXzy

Still waiting on my preorder code from CDKeys. I hope it goes up before launch so I can preload and play at midnight :3

I hope Blizzard buffed Mei and Bastion

You jest, but these are generally agreed to be among the weakest heroes by tournament players. Bastion needs a rework more than a buff as he's too stromg against newer players. Mei could use a straight up buff; currently she's outclassed by McCree on every field but crowd control.

jetsetrez

Of all the great thread title suggestions, this was the pick? :( Good job, otherwise!

For real though, I have not been this excited for a game in ages. Blizzard is by far my favorite dev, I've put more time and gotten more enjoyment into almost every one of their games than any other dev's games, save for possibly CS. I put almost 20 hours into the beta over a few days with friends, and it was some of the most fun I've had with a game in such a long time.

So will I need to reinstall or will the beta install be patched and I can just register my key? (pc retail) So hyped the beta was a ton of fun and I only got to play a couple of hours.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So will I need to reinstall or will the beta install be patched and I can just register my key? (pc retail) So hyped the beta was a ton of fun and I only got to play a couple of hours.

PC doesnt need to reinstall

Laieon

Don't get me wrong, I think Mei is great but people need to stop acting like she's some insanely overpowered monster that can't be stopped.

Is she? The few times I tried her in beta I felt like I was wasting everybody's time. Couldn't do anything with her.

Beta stats? Beta stats!

Only played about 2 hours of Beta. Didn't like the idea of getting a cool skin or something only to have it reset come launch.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

I don't even understand why people say this. I've never found her to be crazy hard to deal with in a competent team.

vaderise

Great job on OT. Had a blast with beta, can't wait for tomorrow!
BTW only Noire Widowmaker showed up as a download, how am i supposed to get other exclusive skins for Origins Edition?

Johndoey

Banned
It's weird how few Junkrats I saw during the Beta, that lock down game is on point, and he can wreck an inattentive Bastion like nothing.

eMpTy23

I suppose we can't check our stats from beta anymore, can we? Really curious what mine were now with other people posting theirs. I never even looked.

I was surprised how many kills i got with his gun. it's way more effective than the other healer/support weapons.
Truth. I hated his gun at first but I came to love it more than most other weapons in the game once I got the hang of it. Surprisingly versatile, deceptively strong, and that secondary is a death sentence for anyone caught near a ledge.

Is she? The few times I tried her in beta I felt like I was wasting everybody's time. Couldn't do anything with her.

She isn't. She has great utility and playmaking potential with Ice Wall and Blizzard, but she loses the 1v1 against the majority of other heroes as they can either dash out of freeze range (tracer, genji, winston, dva, mercy, pharah, etc.) and outdps her or kill her before she gets the freeze (reaper, roadhog, mcree).

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
What class abilities does the little girl from the soldier 76 video have? Strange Blizzard put so much effort developing her, but I don't see her as playable! I know more about her than almost every other character!

Xeteh

Absolutely, but my first few matches with her I was garbage. When you learn how to move around the map with her, how to use her abilities effectively then you'll see a huge shift in success. She's supposed to be a pest, don't run right at their team. Try to flank, try to pick them off when they're running back from the spawn. If you see a Widowmaker/Hanzo sniping away from their team you should be trying to get to them.

You jest, but these are generally agreed to be among the weakest heroes by tournament players. Bastion needs a rework more than a buff as he's too stromg against newer players. Mei could use a straight up buff; currently she's outclassed by McCree on every field but crowd control.
McCree is offense; why shouldn't she be?

Dr. Buni

What class abilities does the little girl from the soldier 76 video have? Strange Blizzard put so much effort developing her, but I don't see her as playable! I know more about her than almost every other character!
It would be neat if she became a playable hero in the future. An older version of herself, obviously, as Blizzard probably wouldn't put a kid in the game.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Beta stats? Beta stats!

I'm usually worried about FPS population when it comes to Western console games on the PS4 here in Japan, but since we're clumped with South Korea, I guess we should be fine for a while.

xIXd2RQ.jpg

Where you at Winston-GAF?!

Speely

Banned

If only she were featured in a game that was destined for the addition of a bunch of new characters after release! ;)

Neoxon

It's so weird how they redubbed Hanzo's ult but not Genji's.
I guess Genji's English voice actor actually pronounced it correctly.

It's weird, Genji's English VA speaks fluent Japanese, yet they recasted him for the Japanese dub (who voiced Chipp Zanuff in Guilty Gear Xrd).

joeblow

Nice summary, OP. I think I now know what this game is about.

Question - I put thousands of hours into Team Fortress 2, but 90% of that was Capture the Flag. There is no CTF mode in Overwatch, is there? If not, any plans to do so? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom