• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
McCree is offense; why shouldn't she be?

Because the crowd control is not enough to pick Mei over McCree. Even in tournament games, where players communicate and coordinate, McCree was picked >50% while Mei was <10%. I can't imagine Mei's utility is more valuable than McCree's lethality in messy pub games.

Also, while McCree is labelled as offense, I feel he is better on defense. He has low mobility but holds small areas like no other. He has poor matchups vs most defense heroes (widow, hanzo, bastion), and great matchups vs offense heroes (tracer, genji, reinhardt, d.va, winston, lucio).

The Flash

Banned
Yeah... on the subject, I hope folks keep this thread sfw.

972.png

Nice summary, OP. I think I now know what this game is about.

Question - I put thousands of hours into Team Fortress 2, but 90% of that was Capture the Flag. There is no CTF mode in Overwatch, is there? If not, any plans to do so? Thanks in advance.

No CTF mode and Blizzard has not made any plans to add one that we know about.

Dr. Buni

Yeah.... if the fan art thread is anything to go by I wouldn't hold your breath though.
I don't even know why that thread is allowed, last time I checked nsfw content wasn't allowed on NeoGAF.
didn't mean to post nfsw. Though since blizzard posted it on their Facebook page, figured it was safe here.
It is fine, I wasn't really referring to you, but to those who post nsfw stuff because they have zero respect toward others.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
didn't mean to post nfsw. Though since blizzard posted it on their Facebook page, figured it was safe here.

Its not nsfw. I was talking about the site itself, its name and the stuff that iver the years has been associated with it.

I don't even know why that thread is allowed, last time I checked nsfw content wasn't allowed on NeoGAF.

90% (if not more) of the art in that thread is completely fine and sfw tho

DasFool

Man, I am just glad that this game exists to fill the void that the terribly random, lifeless husk of a game that was Team Fortress 2 left in me. We can only hope that Blizzard doesn't go down that path eventually.

Question - I put thousands of hours into Team Fortress 2, but 90% of that was Capture the Flag. There is no CTF mode in Overwatch, is there? If not, any plans to do so? Thanks in advance.

No, there isn't a CTF mode, yet. There are payload, capture the point, contest the point, and hybrid point + payload modes. I believe Blizzard said that they'll be adding modes and maps into the game for free down the line.

joeblow

No, there isn't a CTF mode, yet. There are payload, capture the point, contest the point, and hybrid point + payload modes. I believe Blizzard said that they'll be adding modes and maps into the game for free down the line.

I guess I'll wait then to see if they add it. I played similar modes in TF2 and nothing was as enjoyable as CTF for me.

jediyoshi

Its not nsfw. I was talking about the site itself, its name and the stuff that iver the years has been associated with it.

There's a month long official collaboration between Deviantart and Blizzard for Overwatch. Bit of a stretch for an omission.

Nazo

Wait, the release date is tomorrow? I thought it was coming out on the 23rd? Is it one of those midnight release scenarios or am I crazy in thinking it comes out on the 24th?

No CTF mode yet. No idea what their post-launch plans are yet, aside from a general "more stuff" mission statement. I'd imagine it's coming at some point, it's a staple.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Wait, the release date is tomorrow? I thought it was coming out on the 23rd? Is it one of those midnight release scenarios or am I crazy int thinking it comes out on the 24th?
21 hours

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait, the release date is tomorrow? I thought it was coming out on the 23rd? Is it one of those midnight release scenarios or am I crazy int thinking it comes out on the 24th?

Midnight 24th in uk means afternoon 23rd in america

GSR

You're probably going to have to lower the resolution a bit, I'd say to like 900p or maybe 720, if you want to get the smoothest framerate. The game will look a bit soft, but still great. I would know, I tried Overwatch on my old laptop that only has Intel integrated graphics and it was somewhat playable, although at a pretty low resolution.

I don't think you'll have issues as long as you don't mind playing on low settings, but if you want to improve your performance and your computer is a standard desktop, you could always go on eBay and purchase a used GTX 750Ti or AMD equivalent R7 360.

Hey, look at that, there's a really good deal on one right now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MSI-GTX-750ti-/131824103982?hash=item1eb154322e:g:QqoAAOSwQaJXQlA2

$66 for a GPU that usually sells for $100+. Not bad, and it makes games like Battlefield 4 run at 60fps at 1920x1080 on Medium settings, so maybe give that a look.

Was busy and missed it, but thanks for the card recommendation and even searching one up. I'll give it a try with my current card on a lower res and see how that works first.

Johndoey

Banned
Deviantart has a lot of content with differing levels of "safety" like most art sites.

Also this is the OT of course some fan art will of course end up in here it's to be expected.

maouvin

So will stores not sell in it tomorrow (in the U.S) until a certain time in the afternoon? Or can I pick it up as soon as I wake up tomorrow the 23rd?

Stores will begin to sell it tomorrow (if they're not selling it already), but the servers will only go up at the time listed on that pic.

Didn't get to play the beta due to finals, and I just bought it on a whim to play with friends. I've been looking for a good shooter to replace TF2 for me and this sounds like it's shaping up to be real good.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
That was the plan. Do a couple of alphas, tease people with footage from their favorite YouTubers, and then release it to the masses. This game has done everything right in terms of marketing. The pièce de résistance being the Taco Bell deal ;)

image.php

In my defense, i lost a bet :p

That was the plan. Do a couple of alphas, tease people with footage from their favorite YouTubers, and then release it to the masses. This game has done everything right in terms of marketing. The pièce de résistance being the Taco Bell deal ;)

All it took for me was for someone to mention that this game was like TF2. Up until that point I had been completely ignoring it and thought it was a MOBA. Then I saw that there was an open beta on the Amazon page and the rest is history.

My Collector's Edition, which I got preordered for my birthday last month, isn't gonna get here til Wednesday even though two days ago it said it'd get here on Monday. Looks like my OnlyWatch continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom