• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feltrol

Banned
Engines ready!

d_va_by_kuvshinov_ilya-d9gb67e.jpg

Anyone have a link to the spreadsheet? Folks are asking in the discord chat since we can't quote posts in the old thread anymore.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It's a good game plus with Blizzard power backing it up, yep.

The game was way better than I had expected, I thought it was going to be good but I didn't expect it to breath life into the genre like it did. Mix that with some truly fantastic PR and marketing and it's no surprise how hyped everyone is, it's going to sell like hot cakes. I just hope Blizzard continue with their tradition of quality after care, what they did with Diablo is nothing short of a miracle. This time around they've got a new hurdle to jump and that's shitters and their cheats, for the game to remain fun it has to remain clean, while you can't stop cheating entirely you can minimize it to the point where it won't bother anyone which is how I felt in Black Ops III, Treyarch did a great job of keeping the bads at bay whereas IW and SHG did a very poor job, the difference was night and day and I hope Blizzard take more advice from Treyarch regarding anti-cheat.

As for the beta thread, I'm surprised I wasn't on the wall of shame, I really need to step up my game!

daman824

Asked this back on page seven. But can I just walk in to a store and buy this at 6 tomorrow when the game launches in my timezone? Or are stores going to keep physical copies till midnight?

The game must connect to the servers successfully before it will load into the main menu. The servers will be offline until 7PM EST tomorrow, so you won't be able to do access the game in any way.

I care more once the game is out

So yeah, outside of being sleazy drm, have they stated a reason you can't play single player AI stuff without a connection?

SugarDave

That's the game bought and downloaded. My sleeping pattern is fucked up enough that I'll almost certainly be awake when it goes live too, so hurry up tomorrow night!

Remember PS4 Overwatchers, if you want in on the master DOC, community or Group Chat please let me know! We want as many people up and running tomorrow as we can!

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I care more once the game is out

So yeah, outside of being sleazy drm, have they stated a reason you can't play single player AI stuff without a connection?

Unless I'm remembering wrong from the Beta, the vs AI stuff isn't single player. It was matchmaking five player vs AI bots.

There was the target range thing to try out characters, but there was no AI there. Just stationary robot targets that pop up.

wrongway

Whew, my PC had some kind of digital stroke this weekend but I'm back in action just in time. Shit gave me flashbacks of when my 360 red-ringed on the eve of Halo 3.

Can't wait for the fresh wave of Bastion bitching and dank meimeis :D

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Can someone explain the OT title to me?

/ignorant

McArkus

Hi, just added myself to the google doc PC sheet, an the discord channel, if anyone wants to add me! Will not be able to be too active this week but may be the next one will get to play more.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I googled it, I think it was a term some people coined because it was in closed beta for so long and thus they could "only watch" the game instead of playing. That ends tomorrow!

Correct. It's also combined with a Game of Thrones reference from the current season. :)

Johndoey

Banned
Wall just got higher.
"I will build a great ice wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I'll build it very inexpensively with locally sourced ice beams. I will build a great, great wall, the frostiest of walls on our southern border, and I will make Tracer pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

“When Winston sends his people, he's not sending his best. He isn't sending you, we're getting sent 2-3 Bastions at a time, no supports, people that have lots of problems, problems dealing sustained damage...

wamberz1

Does Winston seem under-powered to anyone? or am i just ass with him?

Not really. There's definitely matchups where has has no hope of winning (bastion) but because of his leap it's pretty easy to get out of bad situations. Just focus on killing snipers/healers and wreaking havoc.

Ecto311

Best buy for the xbox one the best deal out? Preorder with gamer club gets the game for around $33 or so.

Any bonus to preordering as far as the blizzard account goes? My wife is interested in getting it for the wow pet and other shit. I assume we get that for getting the xbox version too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom