• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rad-

People complaining about Hanzo... Have you tried playing him? Even with the bigger hitboxes I find it harder to hit with him than with McCree's singleshot (for example). If projectiles had normal size hitboxes they would really suck.

Jolkien

Finally played almost three hours. So pleasant to play, wish my two friend and I won more game, we only won 5 games and lost 8. Got a lot of dual widowmaker that never switched. And some really close game.

ACE 1991

Ugh I'm leaving for a vacation in Iceland in like 72 hours and I want to buy this so bad for like the hour of free time I'll have between now and when I leave... Oh well, It'll still be there when I'm stateside ;)

vypek

I am trash with Genji's ult. Any tips?

Stay mobile. That dash into people is great for getting in close and killing them automatically recharges it. Remember you have a great movement set with climb and then double jumping onto people so you can probably flank well in lot of situations.

ultron87

People are way too competent already at getting out of the way of D.va's self destruct. It's supposed to be free kills in the few days!

Lucio is godlike in Arcade. Just spam the volume boost every 3 seconds.
People are way too competent already at getting out of the way of D.va's self destruct. It's supposed to be free kills in the few days!
You gotta do it when your team is distracting them or set it in a corner when no one is looking. Any place where the enemy is defending is a guarantee kill.

I am trash with Genji's ult. Any tips?
Don't try to kill their whole team. Attack them from behind when they're dealing with something else nasty. Get some synergy if you can (e.g., Lucio's ult). You can still use deflect and swift strike, don't forget. And swift strike's cooldown resets with each elimination, so keep moving. And kill the squishies first. Prioritize Mercy, Lucio, Symmetra, Mei if they're in the bunch.

Fuck Tracer when you're playing as Mei. But not as hard as you should fuck McCree when you're playing as anyone. They need to increase the cooldown on flashbang something fierce.
Tracer can only do damage to you up close (and on the other side of your wall). Your weapon, at close range, is a mobility hero's nightmare. Just freeze her. Good Tracers will actually avoid engaging you directly because you're a counter to them.

Rad-

It's really easy to dodge it when you realize how it works. You can actually cover behind a thin pillar even right next to the mech and not take damage. It's field of vision that damages you, not area of effect.

Shady859

HOLY CRAP!!
Amazon made the XB1 and PS4 $48.99 to everyone! All us preorders with prime check your emails for $11.xx refund of price guarantee. :)

gutshot

You like progression systems getting fucked up by microtransactions? You like the possiblity of selling power?

What are you talking about? Everything you can buy in Overwatch is purely cosmetic. You can't buy power in this game.

And the progression system, such as it is in Overwatch, is tied to your player level and portrait. You can't buy your way to a higher level. Loot boxes are just a nice bonus of leveling up.

It's really easy to dodge it when you realize how it works. You can actually cover behind a thin pillar even right next to the mech and not take damage. It's field of vision that damages you, not area of effect.

I did not know that actually.

Thanks!

DrArchon

Think of it this way, even if you aren't killing anyone you're forcing everyone out of position and hopefully comprising whatever plan they had going for them. That's how I view these big area denial ults as anyway.

Denali

They truly are. For people (like myself) with a need to unlock things they are preying on the weak. Terrible and unethical.

Unethical? Are you serious here, or is this hyperbole? I'm genuinely curious, because just glancing at this thread it looks like we've got a whole bunch of victims who can't help themselves.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so heres a tip. If you have a Mercy healing you, maybe dont pick up the health packs also, because she might fucking need them and you already have someone healing you >_>

MUnited83

For you.
I would. Microtransactions do 2 things 1.they fuck up progression systems 2.Its a slippery slope just look at tf2 selling items that affect gameplay
Well

There's no progression other than leveling up and getting cosméticos. Level 50s have the same gameplay tools as a level 1

Its not a slippery slope because all the items are cosmetic. Selling maps would be a terrible idea that would break the userbase.

It's abso-fucking-lutely mind blowing to me that people arent happy with Bliz giving us all the maps, heros and modes for free but ALLOWING for people to purchase additional COSMETIC loot crates for cash.

5d2.gif

so heres a tip. If you have a Mercy healing you, maybe dont pick up the health packs also, because she might fucking need them and you already have someone healing you >_>

That is a great tip actually. Mercy gets focused down so she needs health packs herself.

aeolist

Banned

line of sight determines so much in this game. lucio's aura is entirely LoS based, and the other big explosions too i think. same with mercy ult.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
They truly are. For people (like myself) with a need to unlock things they are preying on the weak. Terrible and unethical.

It's just cosmetics, with mostly "worthless" stuff like sprays, player icons or voice lines. With no guarantee that you'll get what you want.

If you waste money on that, that you'll eventually get for free by just gaining levels, you only have yourself to blame.

I've done this, but please realize I'm not trying to deny my Mercy, but trying to make sure that fucking Tracer doesn't blink past me, pick up the health pack, and then blink away. I know her fucking game.

Uthred

do you have a third that actually makes them money though

Selling cosmetics? I'm not particularly against microtransactions (I do think having them in a full priced game is a bit tacky), I just think loot boxes are exploitative and suggesting that the only options are either paid expansions or random blind buy loot boxes is a clear false dichotomy (a phrase which in the space of the last hour I have become thoroughly sick of typing)

Of the two options, which have proven to work in other games, the loot box microtransactions is far, far more favorable than paid Map DLC. I don't see how you could possibly argue otherwise.

There are plenty of monetisation options that have been proven to work, suggesting that the only one that will work in Overwatch is loot boxes (one of the more anti-consumer options) seems naive or disingenuous at best

They are morally against it.

How odd that people may have a problem with a transparently anti-consumer monetisation method

Why are people complaining about the loot boxes? It's all cosmetic right?

And? The idea that "its only cosmetics so people arent going to spend money on it" is provably false. It's literally the cornerstone of this games (and many, many others) monetisation. Even if we accept that "cosmetics dont matter" that wouldnt magically make the monetisation method less anti-consumer.

It's abso-fucking-lutely mind blowing to me that people arent happy with Bliz giving us all the maps, heros and modes for free but ALLOWING for people to purchase additional COSMETIC loot crates for cash.

Cool, when can the rest of us expect our refund?

Jasoneyu

The PotG always suck. Why is it almost always uninteresting kill streaks? Oh my last game last night me(D.Va) and a Mercy were holding it fucking down on the last defense point of a payload match. Before that moment we were certainly gonna lose but this guy just kept me alive for the entire last 10 or so minutes with overtime included, letting me wreck everyone and stopping the payload. Then some Reaper gets PotG because he gets a 6 kill streak during his ultimate. Fuck that. Me and that Mercy were the MVPs.

I wonder if this is just a limitation of how it tracks the PoTG. Maybe it can only trigger based on kills.

Ranmo

What's the best away to approach when playing D.Va? I have the ult usage down but my skill with her is inconsistent enough that I don't think I get her.

I never have had a problem fighting her, and find her easy to deal with, but when I was playing as her in my last game of the night I kept thinking I'd probably be better off just going back to my Winston lol.

Just trying to learn characters I don't play for the sake of knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom