• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

vypek

Dumb Lucio question incoming: When you have the healing up is it just an aura that heals, or do I need to press another button? Same goes for Speed boost. I like him but I know Im not using right.

His boosts are passive. You don't need to press any buttons unless you want enhanced healing/speed boost. Just be around people. If they are in a certain radius and can see you, they get the benefit. The number on your screen is the number of teammates being affected by you.

Everyone is overpowered because they killed me: The OT

Given the recent character in discussion...lol

image.php

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dumb Lucio question incoming: When you have the healing up is it just an aura that heals, or do I need to press another button? Same goes for Speed boost. I like him but I know Im not using right.

its both. the E boosts the healing or speed, depending on the aura. keep pressing that E

Apathy

You're asking Blizzard to nerf a character that doesn't need to be nerfed. Hanzo is not OP.

You're looking at it as nerfing when in reality you need to look at it as fairness.

When you have a character that can one shot pretty much the whole cast through headshots like a sniper, then you don't also give them the advantage that anywhere in the general area can be considered a headshot. If the advantage of a headshot is an instant kill, then the counter to that should be taking skill to aim a small projectile with drop at the head, not just in a giant circle above, to the sides and under the head

The last few games I played last night I, on a whim, started playing Zarya. And Holy ShamWow do I love her! The tactical use of her barriers, their cooldowns, and managing pulse cannon damage is a kind of crazy I love! Though it seems like it takes forever for her Ultimate to become available.

However, any ZaryaGAFfers have any words of wisdom with her?

Is it just me or does Mercy's heal seem a bit slower? I think she could use a slight buff to it because I feel like Lucio simply outclasses her, but her ult is still great.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
You're looking at it as nerfing when in reality you need to look at it as fairness.

When you have a character that can one shot pretty much the whole cast through headshots like a sniper, then you don't also give them the advantage that anywhere in the general area can be considered a headshot. If the advantage of a headshot is an instant kill, then the counter to that should be taking skill to aim a small projectile with drop at the head, not just in a giant circle above, to the sides and under the head

Hanzo also can't zoom in. Has a huge windup on his shots. Is not the most mobile of heroes. He's far from OP.

That tutorial really is misleading for anyone going into the game fresh expecting every character to play like Soldier 76. It doesn't bother to tell you how each character has a drastically different play style from one another and how classes effect your health and damage. This and Battleborn are not doing a good job at teaching new players how to play these new genres. Blizzard should have gone the extra mile and made a tutorial for each character.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
got the hockey player Lucio legendary skin and a rare aurburn Mercy skin this morning

rng god is good to us support players

Uthred

You could, but it would be a lot harder to earn skins / some skins would be cash only / etc.

Saying they would just keep the lootbox system exactly as is while giving an equally fair option for people spending money directly on the content they want is wishful thinking. Something would give and I certainly don't want be on the losing end.

Why? This is another false dichotomy, the systems are designed by the publishers they arent an elaborate unchangeable set of gears of levers, nothing about having a fair cosmetic system necessitates cash only skins or lower drop rates. Monetisation systems like this, which are fairly transparently not in the consumers favour, have become an unfortunately expected norm. To the point where people accept them and worse, consider a fairer system unrealistic or "wishful thinking". Despite the fact that some of the biggest multiplayer games out there at the moment have such systems in place, e.g. DOTA 2. Which is entirely F2P for a start. It's ok to like a game, I'm a big fan of Overwatch, and still have problems with elements of it (in this case dodgy microtransactions in a P2P game).

OmegaX06

His boosts are passive. You don't need to press any buttons unless you want enhanced healing/speed boost. Just be around people. If they are in a certain radius and can see you, they get the benefit. The number on your screen is the number of teammates being affected by you.

I figured this out yesterday while playing, but during the entire beta I thought you had to shoot your teammates to get the effect. I feel so stupid. He's much more fun to play now.

Alavard

My experience? Hence the word "seems"? Opened 11 boxes so far and have never gotten more than one blue per box, whereas in the beta I pretty much never got fewer than two colored items.

11 boxes is nowhere near enough to draw any conclusions at all about the drop rates.

aeolist

Banned
i can't bring myself to define any cosmetic-only microtransaction system as "dodgy"

in this game especially since it's first person and you can't even see your own skins

AEREC

So Amazon just refunded me $12 on my PC version purchase...I already paid $47 for it with prime. The reason is listed as "Pre-order price protection."

Im confused but Ill take it.

Regiruler

You must not buy many AAA games then.
No I don't. I primarily play Nintendo titles.

Last one I bought was I think wolfenstein tno for $20 which I don't think had them but I dropped the game anyway. I bought RoS for PS4 because it was $20 but I haven't even started it so I don't know if it has microtransactions or not since I only played about 2 hours of vanilla D3.

I know I shouldn't be surprised at hyperbole on gaf, but I can't help it. It's not some giant ass field around them like you guys think, it's maybe a couple inches (that's the built in one, anything else is the "favor the shooter" system combined with a bad connection) and it's because Hanzo is miles harder to aim with than Widowmaker, a character he's arguably already weaker than.

NeoRaider

Just had 2 great matches as Junkrat and Soldier: 76.
I thought that i forgot how to play this between the beta and release. My first matches today were all horrible. lol

Astral

The PotG always suck. Why is it almost always uninteresting kill streaks? Oh my last game last night me(D.Va) and a Mercy were holding it fucking down on the last defense point of a payload match. Before that moment we were certainly gonna lose but this guy just kept me alive for the entire last 10 or so minutes with overtime included, letting me wreck everyone and stopping the payload. Then some Reaper gets PotG because he gets a 6 kill streak during his ultimate. Fuck that. Me and that Mercy were the MVPs.

JackEtc

Sitting in the parking lot outside GameStop, barely paid any attention to this game but played one game of the beta and watched giant bomb's quicklook and it got my mad hype. I need someone to push me over the edge to go buy it.

Is it a lot of fun so far on PS4??

Thanks for the rounds, XHitoshuraX and friends! Good times. Sorry for all the Lucio/Torbjorn swapping, they're my preferred right now. Hope I didn't drag us down too much!

Sitting in the parking lot outside GameStop, barely paid any attention to this game but played one game of the beta and watched giant bomb's quicklook and it got my mad hype. I need someone to push me over the edge to go buy it.

Is it a lot of fun so far on PS4??

It's what I'm playing on and it's a goddamn blast.

Warxard

Banned
i can't bring myself to define any cosmetic-only microtransaction system as "dodgy"

in this game especially since it's first person and you can't even see your own skins

You can see your own Skins a bunch of time, both in game and in menus/victory screens ?

Regiruler

Aka you didn't want this game to begin with.
Don't put words in my mouth. I loved the beta but this was the entire reason I didn't preorder.

I just don't like supporting these types of monetizations. Especially when the loot crate system in the beta slowed down abysmally once your level started to increase.

Apathy

I know I shouldn't be surprised at hyperbole on gaf, but I can't help it. It's not some giant ass field around them like you guys think, it's maybe a couple inches (that's the built in one, anything else is the "favor the shooter" system combined with a bad connection) and it's because Hanzo is miles harder to aim with than Widowmaker, a character he's arguably already weaker than.

I've literally been hit in the chest for 200 damage, that's not hyperbole, thats a one shot even on his screen

monadi

Banned
So Amazon just refunded me $12 on my PC version purchase...I already paid $47 for it with prime. The reason is listed as "Pre-order price protection."

Im confused but Ill take it.

They adjusted it cause they lowered the price for all to $48.99. Im still waiting on mine....

DesuNe

Newsflash! Random rates are random.

I stayed awake till midnight last night to play some and was terrified it would be delayed so much I wouldn't get to try anything. Thankfully it was only like a 13 min delay. Squeezed a few games in before sleep. Can't wait to get home and play more.

Bastion play beats out my 3-4 kill streak with a lovely Zarya gravball. Standard.

BraXzy

:)

Didn't play the beta and I have read/watched very little so everything will be new to me. I will say that 21 heroes seems pretty overwhelming. Any suggestions on a good way to try everyone out to figure out who I like? Or are there some characters I should totally avoid as a newbie?

Are you playing on PC???

Add me <3

BraXzy#2765

finalflame

The PotG always suck. Why is it almost always uninteresting kill streaks? Oh my last game last night me(D.Va) and a Mercy were holding it fucking down on the last defense point of a payload match. Before that moment we were certainly gonna lose but this guy just kept me alive for the entire last 10 or so minutes with overtime included, letting me wreck everyone and stopping the payload. Then some Reaper gets PotG because he gets a 6 kill streak during his ultimate. Fuck that. Me and that Mercy were the MVPs.

Because killstreaks can be easily identified algorithmically, as to where subjective cool shit cannot.

I haven't touched the game so I can't speak on the whether there is something that should be tweaked or not but it is funny to see people say that the aren't calling for a nerf, they just want Blizzard to make a character less effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom