• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
I don't think they nerf it, so probably the latter.:p

I was doing POTG after POTG in the Beta with it with like 4 or more kills every time, now almost every time people manage to escape it even if I pointed it right at them. :p This including behind walls shots when widowmaker has used her ult and i know where everyone is.

https://a.pomf.cat/uqebqr.webm

I got to be a Pub Hero today.

And THAT ladies and gentlemen is why Mei haunts my fucking dreams!

tumblr_inline_o754s14WBX1rbucbj_540.png

Has anyone received an Amazon UK exclusive Origins version with the coin and badge? I'm curious what those are really like but the only picture i can find is the one on the product description.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Unnecessary punishment for solo players IMO, they're already at a disadvantage.

Blizzard tends to do this to encourage people to make more friends in the game and raise retention.

Diablo 3 also has a group experience boost for example.

Hearthstone gets at this through having quests that require you to spectate someone.

Though yes, it is effectively punishment for being solo. In WoW, rested experience was originally implemented as a penalty for not being rested. They didn't change any of the values, but switched the context to rested experience being a bonus instead of unrested being a penalty, and everyone liked it way more.

They've kept that phrasing ever since.

Ferrio

Banned
I hate D.va but I sure do love spamming her voice lines to make others hate her as well.

el oh el huehue
el oh el huehue
el oh el huehue

Bombless

Is there any system to Mercy choosing to say her Ult quote ("Helden sterben nicht" / "Heroes never die") in German vs. English?

is there any way to tell whether it was OUR mercy who popped the ult or the enemy's?

When characters call their ults in foreign languages it's always on the enemy team. For those that use english then the phrase is different : Pharah says "Launching Missiles" or something alike when she's on your team and ulting away. "Justice" is always on the enemy team. It's part of the great sound design in Overwatch, information being relaid by the sound itself.

Klyka

Banned
What's the counter against a full team of Torbjorn? Just for future reference. We got stomped by them last night.

1 or 2 reinhardst and then either pharahs or probably just junkrats.

some soldier 76 can work as well

hell,even two widowmakers can instantly kill a turret if they both just shoot at it quickly

Wanderer5

I was doing POTG after POTG in the Beta with it with like 4 or more kills every time, now almost every time people manage to escape it even if I pointed it right at them. :p This including behind walls shots when widowmaker has used her ult and i know where everyone is.

I got a PotG using the ult, but I snuck behind a few enemies from a distance and ended up getting at least 3 kills.:p

Xyber

Unnecessary punishment for solo players IMO, they're already at a disadvantage.

Punishment..?

Because they encourage players to play as a team, like how it's supposed to be ?

If you are straight up referring to getting less XP, then that doesn't mean anything and more XP would not make solo queues a better place.

stand on the point
stand on the point
stand on the point
stand on the point
stand on the point
stand on the point
stand on the point
stand on the point
stand on the point
stand on the point
stand on the point
stand on the point
stand on the point

the junkrat 100 meters away from the point in the opposite direction is not the point. yes i know he's pestering you slightly but don't do a 180 and walk toward him

that random lucio is not the point

looking at the point is not standing on the point

vaguely standing near the point and shooting in the general direction of a guy across from you is not standing on the point

this is like the early days of tf2 and splatoon ranked all over again

stand on the point
stand on the point
stand on the point
stand on the point
stand on the point
stand on the point
stand on the point
stand on the point
stand on the point
stand on the point
stand on the point
stand on the point
stand on the point

The 4 Widomakers and Hanzo on my team can't even see the point, how the hell are they going to stand on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom