• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
He also happens to have some of the loudest footsteps in the game with his spurs, so you should often be able to hear him coming if he's trying to flank.

Just noting that this is a really nice detail. Blizzard has always been aces when it comes to sound design and understanding how it plays into the game experience. I had no idea that footstep sound was actually part of the balance, but it makes total sense.

And Hanzo's special is just dumb. It's easy to see coming and easy to avoid.

Almost every large AoE ultimate is easy to see coming and avoid. You're not supposed to use them to get kills, you're supposed to use them to occupy space.

Just a tiny reminder for those still interested...

We've been having an amazing time playing with GAFfers on PS4! If you'd like into the community, group chat, or have any questions about joining, just send me a PM!

How does McCree's super work? Do you need to activate it and then wait some time and hit the button again? I never seem like I'm able to kill anyone with it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah, he's crazy good right now.

He actually used to be even buffer in the original beta.

His ult charge like 20-30% faster and his damage was significantly higher (and projectiles faster) as well.

The only thing that made Mercy competitive was that her ult had global range.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So addicting...

just one more match...

ok this time it's really the last one...

GODDAMN...

Zeliard

Just noting that this is a really nice detail. Blizzard has always been aces when it comes to sound design and understanding how it plays into the game experience. I had no idea that footstep sound was actually part of the balance, but it makes total sense.

Yeah, it's one of the best parts of the game.

Another nice touch is that Zenyatta doesn't make any footstep noise (understandably). :p He's the only hero who is totally silent while moving.

Belfast

Hanzo "lol arrow hitbox so op"
Mei "stupid freezing op self healing character"
Mcree "dumping the clip is op. And the ult is op"
Mercy "op heals and self heals and dash so op"
Zenyatta "discord orb too op"
Roadhog "self healing hook bastard too op"
Widowmaker "sniper too op doesnt even need headshots"
Reinhart "shield op charge op"
Genji "op shuriken op ult op reflect"
Lucio "op hair is too stylin"

Baston "lolBastion"

It's almost like every character was created to have some unique ability that makes them interesting to play!

pigeon

Banned
Not instant but may as well be due to run speed of most characters

I mean, if you stand there looking forward until the dragon is actually flying through you, you'll probably die. If you guess where Hanzo is probably going to put the ult and start moving when you hear the yelling, you should be fine with just a little damage.

In general Hanzo wants to put the ult on the point -- obviously it doesn't help him much if it's somewhere else -- so just moving a little off the point is all you need to do to survive.

We've been having an amazing time playing with GAFfers on PS4! If you'd like into the community, group chat, or have any questions about joining, just send me a PM!

I just started playing! European here, playing on PS4. I never played the beta so I'm probably not as good as ya'all, but I'm learning very, very quickly. I'd probably like to join the community in a few days when I've warmed up :) My current microphone is broken though so sadly I'm currently unable to speak.

Fliesen

apologies for my ignorance, but what is the "group chat" people are requesting in the GAF community to be invited to?
also, it's the 120something members "Overwatch GAF squad" right?

Not instant but may as well be due to run speed of most characters

Reaper invincibility.
Tracer dash.
Winston dash.
Mercy fly.
Lucio speed.
Reinhardt dash.
Mei ice block.
76 run.
Genji run/climb.
Pharah fly.
McCree roll.
Widowmaker chain.
D. Va dash.
Junkrat combo jump.

There are only a handful of heroes who can't get out of it easily, and two of those are tanks. Bastion, Torb, Symmetra, and Zenyatta are the only squishies susceptible to it.

Thank you so much for continuing this. We really are having a blast and no gaffer has to play alone. We continually had squads full of 6 gaffers last night and it was so much fun. I'm excited to get back tonight and continue the fun.

edit:
apologies for my ignorance, but what is the "group chat" people are requesting in the GAF community to be invited to?
also, it's the 120something members "Overwatch GAF squad" right?

We have a PS4 group chat that we are using to join each other's games and parties. If you are a part of that, you will have no problem finding a squad at just about any hour.

Dad

How does McCree's super work? Do you need to activate it and then wait some time and hit the button again? I never seem like I'm able to kill anyone with it.

The amount of damage is based on how long you keep them in sight. You can fire it and hit enemies whenever, the red skull just means you've waited long enough to do lethal damage to that character

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
stuck in my first losing streak. oh well was bound to happen

Onemic

Arcade mode is just pure mayhem. Pharah turns into a flying terror and reinhardt turns into a straight hockey enforcer.

The amount of damage is based on how long you keep them in sight. You can fire it and hit enemies whenever, the red skull just means you've waited long enough to do lethal damage to that character

Thank you! Was wondering why it wasn't doing much damage...

qatak

Neo Member
HOLY CRAP!!
Amazon made the XB1 and PS4 $48.99 to everyone! All us preorders with prime check your emails for $11.xx refund of price guarantee. :)

Looks like I got this discount on top of the 20% Prime preorder discount... was this a mistake? Regardless, I'll take a copy of console overwatch origins for <$40 haha

Uthred

You guys act as if developers have some moral obligation to make things "fair" to people who have no self control at considerable opportunity cost to themselves because some people have addictions to randomness.

They probably dont have a moral obligation but they may have an ethical one, how people feel about corporations exploiting people's personality flaws to make more money is ultimately up to them to determine. I suppose it is oddly refreshing to see consumers champion companies exploiting addiction in favour of the almighty dollar. I will say there is a weird pro-business/anti-consumer element in a lot of videogame fandom, one of its idiosyncrasies, I imagine it springs in large part from the odd emotional investment people have in videogame companies.

Oh never against, please, so many bad widows that couldn't hit someone if they were standing still.

No i mean it fucks over the team with 2 widows

The absolute worst is when people on your team insist on sniping when the payload is an inch from capping or in overtime.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's almost like every character was created to have some unique ability that makes them interesting to play!

Seeing "opult" for genji makes me sad, because I am so bad at using it effectively.

Fliesen

Thank you so much for continuing this. We really are having a blast and no gaffer has to play alone. We continually had squads full of 6 gaffers last night and it was so much fun. I'm excited to get back tonight and continue the fun.

edit:

We have a PS4 group chat that we are using to join each other's games and parties. If you are a part of that, you will have no problem finding a squad at just about any hour.

yo, can i get an invite to that group chat.
"Fliesenjohnny" on PSN and i'm already part of the PS4 Community.

I assume you need a new invite whenever you go offline?

Zeliard

One thing a lot of people don't realize with McCree is that the lock-on charge with his ult does not reset when the enemy players leave LoS. You can catch quite a few ult kills as McCree by just waiting until the person pops back out, thinking that they erased the lock-on charge, and then bam.

Wanderer5

The absolute worst is when people on your team insist on sniping when the payload is an inch from capping or in overtime.

Oh I had that once sorta in payload, when at first it was just me at Hanzo, but later on when the situation became dire for us, everyone else beside the two friends I was grouping with switched to hanzo or widowmaker.

aeolist

Banned
Hanzo is not bad at all. The key to using his ultimate is when everyone is bunched up in a choke point, or through a wall where they can't see it coming. Hanzo's are constantly getting play of the game with the ult, if it was faster it would be overpowered since it's an instant kill. Also he's quite accurate, you have to predict where your enemy is going to be when your arrow gets to them, so you aim ahead of them a little. Not to mention the scatter arrow is great for in closed spaces

the ult actually isn't an instant kill, just a very high rate of damage over time. if you're at the edges and move quickly it can hurt you without killing.

So I've been posting, raging about the games price...and have now noticed that on Xbox One, the game shows in your friends list as Origins Edition...so it'll never get reduced and be vanilla.

Welp. Time to buy since I have no choice!

Does the digital version of the game offer any game-sharing?

My brother and I share a PC. He acquired a digital copy of the game on his battlenet account. Is there a way to access the game on my account as well since we're in the same household?

(Sorry if it's an obvious question. Haven't had the chance to check for myself yet.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom