• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotrock

Banned
I played a ton of Mercy in the beta but didn't realize there was an in "increase damage" button until now.

This changes everything.

phyrlord

So who do you pick GAF?

YrgryTO.jpg

Have you played the game yet? You clearly can't make this decision unless we know the map and the A/D side.

Jesus these people are so new!

pigeon

Banned
That's cruel, what if your daughter wants to snipe

I'll rate her minus

Got to hook a Pharah out of the sky with Roadhog, yessssssssssss

Freezing a Pharah as Mei and having her fall on you is also hilarious.

I played a game against 5 functional Tracers last night and it was a nightmare. I'm sure there's a logical counter to it, but all I could think was "stop it, fucking leave me alone, stop it!" the entire match.

Torbjorn does well against Tracer. Tracer is one of the only heroes who struggles to 1v1 Torb's turret since it does not give a crap about her dashing around.

I played a ton of Mercy in the beta but didn't realize there was an in "increase damage" button until now.

This changes everything.

The rhythm of heal / damage buff / Help Line to teammate in need / heal / pop off a couple pistol shots / etc. is verrrrry satisfying.

vypek

How long is the PS4 install and is it worth the 60 bucks? Dunno if I need the extra do dads for other Blizzard games.

Took me about 30 to 40 to install from disc. I don't have any of the extras and they don't seem worth it in general to me. But I don't play those other games. Consider buying it physical from Amazon so you can save money.

You seem fine with the latter, and based on your comments above about consent is there anything you actually would consider exploitation?

I would say that my feeling is, at least in these cases of entertainment, consent and understanding precludes exploitation. If I'm aware something I'm paying for is a bad value proposition, and even that it would hurt me (in so much that an entertainment-related addiction can hurt), but I still feel compelled to pay for it anyway, I don't feel like I'm being exploited.

If I had no choice in the matter, and I was being over charged, that would be exploitation. Or if the nature of the system I was buying into was subversive to the point where I could not understand generally how bad the value proposition is, that would be exploitation.

Thinking more broadly, I don't think my stance on the matter in this way really extends that much farther than entertainment. But as far as the scope of this debate goes, I don't think any of us has no choice in the matter. And I think everyone understands that these blind-buy systems are designed to extract more money from less product.

So given that we are capable of providing our un-coerced consent, and we understand the system we are buying into, I don't believe it's exploitative or anti-consumer, at least according to my own definitions of what I believe those terms mean.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hes right if you only say GG after you win.
If you do it on a defeat then up his.

I do it in every game and it was a random. why would you assume it was only with wins? wtf?

dankir

PS4 or XB1? I have the elite controller which I really enjoyed using for HALO 5 and Titanfall so I'll probably go with that version.

How does it run on consoles?

Uthred

Ran the numbers on the Polygon crates video

Other skins: 50%
Legendary skins: 6%
Victory pose: 24%
Emote: 2%

Will be interesting to see if freeloaders feel their crates match these rates in a week or two. On the plus side, after about 25 crates worth of dupes you should have enough to buy a legendary of your choice.

Are you including sprays and such under "Other skins"? Because anecdotally both now and in the beta they have been the bulk of what I've gotten. Amusing seeing people who bought the game referred to as "freeloaders"

So given that we are capable of providing our un-coerced consent, and we understand the system we are buying into, I don't believe it's exploitative or anti-consumer, at least according to my own definitions of what I believe those terms mean.

Fair enough, I disagree but thank you for fully outlining your stance.

I do it in every game and it was a random. why would you assume it was only with wins? wtf?

Indeed, what's wrong with saying "gg" after you win? If you steamroll the other team then maybe its a bit smarmy, but if its a fun or close game why woudnt you?

Got a legendary at level 4 from the crate.

Do people think paid boxes have a higher legendary count?
Until I see an unboxing video/stream where a person gets crap in most of the boxes, yes.
Are you including sprays and such under "Other skins"? Because anecdotally both now and in the beta they have been the bulk of what I've gotten. Amusing seeing people who bought the game referred to as "freeloaders"
Skins are skins. I didn't actually include sprays because the percentage came out at 150% and I wasn't sure how useful that would be. I guess you should expect a spray in every box?

_woLf

I played like 20 games last night and only won 5 or 6, but all I want to do is go home and play
probably lose
more.

Dammit, blizzard.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Played a few matches where it was agonizing. Most on my team wanted to be offense and nothing else.

Almost had a team where four of them were Tracers, I shit you not. Glad they changed at the last minute, though.

What is with people and wanting to be offense heroes always? It's either that or be a sniper from waaaaay back and we're attacking. I swore so loud my wife got mad when I was playing with a Reinhardt and he used his shield just for himself. And to be aggor... :(

Seriously. It's a fun game, but these asshats need a slap to the face or something. People either play as Widowmaker, Tracer or Reaper. Oh, my god! Almost every game has a Reaper who sucks, or doesn't care about the objectives and just wants to do that "Die! Die! Die!" move of his to be L33t or something. Argh!

Boke1879

Gonna be on in like an hour and will probably play for a couple of hours. Add me on PSN: Boke18

I love playing Mercy for support but I need a second character to main. Thinking of someone with offense or a defense. If anyone has any suggestions. Let me know

PS4 or XB1? I have the elite controller which I really enjoyed using for HALO 5 and Titanfall so I'll probably go with that version.

How does it run on consoles?
Ps4 performance is slightly better based on DF beta analysis.. But I played the beta on XO and it was very solid. Very, very solid all round - it is a go with what platform suits, and if you have the elite controller that's the way to go.

I love playing as Mercy...I always go the healer route in most games anyway. Her range is a little small, but otherwise still a fun character to play. I haven't even played as anyone else yet.

alright guys.

fess up. how many of you spent the $40 for the 50 loot boxes?

I'm seriously debating just spending the $10 for 11. It's all cosmetic so I don't think this system is remotely offensive (unless they pull a Treyarch), and I already have 10 damn hours in this game so I guess I'll spend more on it. I got 2 legendaries so far and I've had good luck with purples as well. I got 3 hours of sleep and I have to go to work. This game is already ruining my life

JMZ555

Think I just had the best game I will probably have.

Symmetra: 20 kill streak , no deaths, victory and play of the game.

I don't upload clips at all normally but proud of this one lol :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFalXJ8f6pw

**Excuse the poor editing I don't use share play at all, tried to cut it down to just kills where I could.

I love playing as Mercy...I always go the healer route in most games anyway. Her range is a little small, but otherwise still a fun character to play. I haven't even played as anyone else yet.

For how simple her playstyle is compared to other heroes, she really is a blast to play. I always switch to her when I see the no support heroes message pop up

Ps4 performance is slightly better based on DF beta analysis.. But I played the beta on XO and it was very solid. Very, very solid all round - it is a go with what platform suits, and if you have the elite controller that's the way to go.

"I wanna be where the people are~"

yuh, just go where your friends are! And if you don't have those I'll be your friend and come on with me! Woohoo!

platocplx

Think I just had the best game I will probably have.

Symmetra: 20 kill streak , no deaths, victory and play of the game.

I don't upload clips at all normally but proud of this one lol :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFalXJ8f6pw

**Excuse the poor editing I don't use share play at all, tried to cut it down to just kills where I could.

I love Symmetra. i really like what she adds for support. especially from a defensive standpoint, she makes total sense. It really seems like depending on the mode and what side you are on you need to choose a certain type of character.

Loxley

I'm really looking forward to seeing some "pro-level" matches with Overwatch. No doubt Blizz will have a tournament at BlizzCon this year.

Lucifon

On console despite the settings showing 30-30 the vertical sensitivity is definitely higher than horizontal. If you turn it up and make them the same it's very noticeable. Has anyone worked out what an even setting is yet? I hate it when games do this.

Played a few matches where it was agonizing. Most on my team wanted to be offense and nothing else.

Almost had a team where four of them were Tracers, I shit you not. Glad they changed at the last minute, though.

What is with people and wanting to be offense heroes always? It's either that or be a sniper from waaaaay back and we're attacking. I swore so loud my wife got mad when I was playing with a Reinhardt and he used his shield just for himself. And to be aggor... :(

Seriously. It's a fun game, but these asshats need a slap to the face or something. People either play as Widowmaker, Tracer or Reaper. Oh, my god! Almost every game has a Reaper who sucks, or doesn't care about the objectives and just wants to do that "Die! Die! Die!" move of his to be L33t or something. Argh!

It's still day one-ish and most of the people will begin understanding how to play the game eventually. Until then its all going to be a cluster fest.its fun getting the best of the new people with my Symetra though...ill miss it once the start wisening up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom