• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

vypek

I love when someone drops an instakill ult when I'm the only opponent in the area (lol reapers) Talking about ults, I stopped two in a row as a bastion

Lol awesome. You shut them down quick.

So who do you pick GAF?

YrgryTO.jpg

Lucio

Klyka

Banned
I played a game against 5 functional Tracers last night and it was a nightmare. I'm sure there's a logical counter to it, but all I could think was "stop it, fucking leave me alone, stop it!" the entire match.

I'd take a reinhardt and 5 meis

or a reinhardt, 4 meis and a torbjorn

Herla

Did they stealth nerf Mei or am worse with her in every way?
I can't even aim an icicle to a frozen target before they can move again, I used to be able to shoot at least two.

Yes. I have R9 280X and i installed latest drivers from yesterday.

Might be, i am really not sure. But how can game-ready drivers be so bad?

Don't install drivers unless something is busted, drivers aren't actually "required" unless there's some big compatibility issue.

Once I ran my pc for a year 24/7 so I didn't install any drivers either, everything ran fine until GTA5 actually required a new driver to even run; there's little point to installing a new driver every month.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
me in general chat after a win: "gg"
random ass: "up yrs"

tumblr_mp2c66Bn9J1roycz2o1_400.gif

Danj

Is there a mode where you can learn how each of the different heroes' abilities is supposed to work? There's some of them that are obvious but others that are less so, some explanation would be useful. Or is that info all just in the F1 display thingy?

Durden77

There is no single player stuff. This is a game where you can compete but relax and have fun. Its still fun even when you lose (but not as fun obviously). Group up with some people and have a blast. If you decide to pick it up on console you get get it for $48 from Amazon using prime.

If you can afford it I say do it. its great fun! Like I said earlier matches play out more like chess matches then death matches. Blizzard is supporting the game for free with new heroes and maps. If you are interested at all you might as well get in now. I really feel like the skill gap in this game is going to be huge if you fall behind on team comps and counters.

Thanks peeps, screw it I'll pick it up. Haven't bought a game since SF5 so I'm due for one. Also I didn't know they were adding heroes and maps for free.

Mei is awesome. She's my go-to defense character. What killed the dinosaurs?

the-ice-age.jpg

She's insane in the Anubis map in Attack because she can so easily shut down turret bullshit. Had my team steamroll everyone after I threw up a wall right in front of the Tor on the opposing side who had put their turret up on the ledge after the first choke point. After that, I walled off the turret/bastion defending the second control point and we just waltzed in there and took it.

Ran the numbers on the Polygon crates video

Other skins: 50%
Legendary skins: 6%
Victory pose: 24%
Emote: 2%

Will be interesting to see if freeloaders feel their crates match these rates in a week or two. On the plus side, after about 25 crates worth of dupes you should have enough to buy a legendary of your choice.

Saw one of those last night.

Guy didn't use his heal, he only boosted damage and used pistol. Why.
Saw a Mercy shooting her pistol through the front door of the second Hanamura point last night. Pinging away at a distant Roadhog and Bastion. Ducking in and out of cover.

She was alone.

It was the saddest thing.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Ran the numbers on the Polygon crates video

Other skins: 50%
Legendary skins: 6%
Victory pose: 24%
Emote: 2%

Will be interesting to see if freeloaders feel their crates match these rates in a week or two.

Got a legendary at level 4 from the crate.

Do people think paid boxes have a higher legendary count?

EVERYBODY IS TRACER.

EVERYBODY IS TRACER.

SOME PEOPLE ARE REAPER.

NOBODY KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

Still so much fun. Looking forward to people getting back to being "end of the beta" good.

LordofPwn

So who do you pick GAF?

YrgryTO.jpg

I'm hoping it's a capture game mode, and then i'd go lucio.

i'm going to guess though that it's offense on watchpoint in which case i'd go mercy and damage boost mccree. though you could go zenyatta and push the objective.

if you're playing defense i'd go mercy or roadhog. you could also go bastion or torb and put your turret on the objective, at least cause some chaos.

She's insane in the Anubis map in Attack because she can so easily shut down turret bullshit. Had my team steamroll everyone after I threw up a wall right in front of the Tor on the opposing side who had put their turret up on the ledge after the first choke point. After that, I walled off the turret/bastion defending the second control point and we just waltzed in there and took it.
Rocket jumping (ish) onto the top of an ice wall then leaping down and shooting the other team in the back as they try and run around it is the best thing.

matmanx1

alright guys.

fess up. how many of you spent the $40 for the 50 loot boxes?

I admit I spent $10 for the 11 boxes. I got the Legendary Genji skin Nomad and a legendary Reaper emote (slow clap) and a bunch of other stuff, so I feel pretty satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom