• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Does Winston seem under-powered to anyone? or am i just ass with him?

I never ever use Winston but I think I should start switching to him when the enemy team is full of genjis/snipers/tracers.

He's interesting in that he's mechanically very simple but you need to know what you're doing to be effective.

Not really. There's definitely matchups where has has no hope of winning (bastion) but because of his leap it's pretty easy to get out of bad situations. Just focus on killing snipers/healers and wreaking havoc.

No. Only use him against squishy characters and to get rid of Widow if no one else in your team is doing it.

ah. this makes sense. i love the character so i wanted to get good with. thanks guys.

exYle

tumblr_inline_o7chqbbV0y1rsmxdu_1280.jpg

Comes with accompanying voice clip: http://kuueater.tumblr.com/post/144526144278

I never ever use Winston but I think I should start switching to him when the enemy team is full of genjis/snipers/tracers.

He's interesting in that he's mechanically very simple but you need to know what you're doing to be effective.

Winston is like the best character on KOTH maps and he's damn good on the others. He's easily one of the best tanks and most useful characters.
yeah I just couldn't figure out how to make myself useful with him in the Beta. i usually just stuck with Reinhardt if the team needed a tank. thanks for the tips.

jacobs34

Watching A_Seagull play Genji, and a lot of other characters for that matter, showed just how little most people know about this game. It's going to take the public a while to wrap their heads around the characters.

Speely

Banned
I'm never gonna be good enough at this game, lol

Same. I am a crap Genji because I am not into/good at these fast-paced arena games usually, and his skills are catered to those who are. I like Overwatch because there are characters who can be useful even so in other ways... But holy shit that Genji is impressive.

Genji is like Scout in TF2. He can kill anyone with the right amount of space and enough skill, but actual teamwork prevents him from being able to dominate like that highlight, at least with any consistency.

Although Scout never had a sword that killed people in 2 hits. So look out for that.

I want to be a team player when this comes out, I'm looking forward to playing mercy however I fear I'll just start playing widowmaker and start looking for personal glory like an ass

RexNovis

Banned
Oh man I am SO excited to play this game again! Do we have any GAF groups set up to find players to party up with? I'd definitely be down for some GAF group runs.

Speely

Banned
I want to be a team player when this comes out, I'm looking forward to playing mercy however I fear I'll just start playing widowmaker and start looking for personal glory like an ass

Widowmaker can be a great team player. Great area denial potential and is good at pulling enemies away from objectives.

Permanently A

play zenyatta if you want that mix of killing prowess and healing

seriously for a buddhist robot monk zenyatta is the most vicious support

Unless I'm remembering wrong from the Beta, the vs AI stuff isn't single player. It was matchmaking five player vs AI bots.

There was the target range thing to try out characters, but there was no AI there. Just stationary robot targets that pop up.

Right but that's what I mean

I can play call of duty black ops 3 against bots offline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom