• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

Fucking hell 😂

Mcrees ult just doesn't seem to work for me, its the only one i cant seem to narrow down or figure out when to use it as i always get killed immediately

The longer you focus on the targets in your range, the more damage it does. Its not locking on for x seconds for instakill but it does a certain amount of damage the longer you lock on, the indicator on screen shows when you'll kill a target.

gagecube

Banned
I didn't get to play any of the beta but I decided to pick this up on a whim today. Holy shit am I enjoying it. Feels like the first time I played TF2. I'm loving the shit out of Zarya. Games a little quiet though. No one talks.

I actually had one game today where my entire team talked, and it wound up being the best game I played all day. Hmm, go figure.

MattyG

Banned
Just had a clutch win with Reaper. We had 30 seconds left, they'd pushed us all the way back to A, and so I switched to Reaper, went behind enemy lines and wiped the whole team. We won. IT WAS AMAZING.

Playing as a Tracer is hard when it comes to dealing with Snipers. :(

Like everything one shots you, and the pistols suck at long ranging, and I can't figure out how to get up to where they are so I can close range it. :(

Tracer is so random for me. One match I'll get 11 kills and the next match I'll only get 4. Controlling the forward teleporting seems to be the most important thing. Getting behind and killing them before they even see you is so satisfying.

Gator86

Calm down, that shit's bad for you. Give it a couple of weeks, people don't know better yet.

Yup, 30 years of games and people are still too dumb to get near objectives. I look forward to competent randoms in 2157. Tracer is an absolute monster right now just for her ability to distract the fuck out of the idiots. I've lost track of the number of times I've seen a Reinhardt fruitlessly chasing her off in the middle of nowhere instead of being useful.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dang. I typically HATE playing a tank of any sort, but Reinhardt, Roadhog and D. Va are all really fun and unique! D. Va's ult in particular is so goddamn creative, it reminds me of the Final Smash for Samus from Brawl except... done right, lol.

I must give kudos for the thoughtful design of these characters, they're both more varied than I expected and I'm enjoying more of them than I expected to and i've only tried 2/3 of them so far.

Veggy

This still gets me every
eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vaTIua3ltLWNkbi5jb20vcGhvdG9zL2ltYWdlcy9vcmlnaW5hbC8wMDEvMTE3LzgxMi9lZTMucG5nIn0.9KzzcGIbzHUIeIlj5JL0Wbhqs1Y.png
time

Ooccoo

Junkrat is the best hero at both attack AND defense.

Mercy is best support character, followed closely by Symmetra

I swear I have absolutely no consistency in the quality of my play.

Only thing in this game I can do consistently is fail at High Noons.

K.Sabot

Man ya'll need to watch this OW tournament, its a completely different game than what you see in the matchmaking. It's a lot more like a moba with the way teamfights are.

Vee_One

Game peforms brilliantly for me, playing at 4K solid 60fps on a 970

Admittedly, I haven't had a detailed play with the graphics settings (played for 30 minutes) but at a glance most of them seemed to be on high/ultra.

Loxley

Dang. I typically HATE playing a tank of any sort, but Reinhardt, Roadhog and D. Va are all really fun and unique! D. Va's ult in particular is so goddamn creative, it reminds me of the Final Smash for Samus from Brawl except... done right, lol.

I must give kudos for the thoughtful design of these characters, they're both more varied than I expected and I'm enjoying more of them than I expected to and i've only tried 2/3 of them so far.

It's definitely quality character design when the majority of them look like they could be the lead characters of their own games.

Spinluck

People are sleep on Zenyatta as a Bastion counter.

If he gets the jump on you he'll shred you to bits, but if you put that negativity orb on him and charge up the orb fury attack. Bye bye Bastion, shit happens so fast lol.

SDCowboy

Game peforms brilliantly for me, playing at 4K solid 60fps on a 970

Admittedly, I haven't had a detailed play with the graphics settings (played for 30 minutes) but at a glance most of them seemed to be on high/ultra.

There's a 4k option? I don't see it on mine.

DrArchon

Opened 3 boxes today. Got 4 sprays, 3 voice lines, 1 icon, 1 PotG intro, 1 blue rarity skin, and 50 gold.

I'm beginning to see why some people are suspecting that the pay-for boxes have better stuff. I've opened a bunch of ones from leveling up and I'm pretty sure this is the second skin I've gotten and both are of the lowest rarity (which means even that is really fucking rare). I'm just swimming in sprays though, which might as well be nothing because I never use them outside of the "prepare to attack" phase.

I hate the fact that this bullshit might break me down and get me to spend more money.

Shady859

Game is so much better playing with Gafers today versus solo queue even with the weird grouping system. Fun games till the Blizzard gods disconnected me from b.net and kicked to title screen. Thall shall not block entire enemy team with ice wall over and over. lol

Now I just need legit headset instead of this bootleg earbud.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know how Zenyatta managed to survive beta with his health and movement speed the way they are

He's not as good of a single target healer as Mercy. He's not as good of an AOE healer as Lucio. Literally all he has is his ultimate. All three other healers are much more survivable. His damage is a joke because he dies if a leaf hits him at the wrong angle.

SDCowboy

Still feels super weird that nobody talks at all in the PC version anymore. I've heard one guy and that was it.

Yeah I've only heard a couple players talk, all day. I rarely even see anyone type anything other than at the end of a match.

Hyun Sai

he's not even invincible i don't think. just heals for like 200hp per second or soemthing stupid.

He's fully invincible. The heal is for allies.

People are sleep on Zenyatta as a Bastion counter.

If he gets the jump on you he'll shred you to bits, but if you put that negativity orb on him and charge up the orb fury attack. Bye bye Bastion, shit happens so fast lol.

This. I tested it this morning and was like, really lol ?

SDCowboy

I don't know how Zenyatta managed to survive beta with his health and movement speed the way they are

He's not as good of a single target healer as Mercy. He's not as good of an AOE healer as Lucio. Literally all he has is his ultimate. All three other healers are much more survivable. His damage is a joke because he dies if a leaf hits him at the wrong angle.

Yeah I love Zenyatta as a character, but his heals suck ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom