• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zen could stand a buff, yeah. At the moment, the level of difficulty required to use him well doesn't correspond to the rewards you get for doing so. I'd either make him easier to use, or make him stronger.

I'd be happy with a higher aim assist. Maybe add a tad more tracking on his attack orbs. You have to lead your shots like crazy to get any work in. The buff and debuff orbs are great, but he is fucked if he gets shot. His health is crazy low for the power level he's at.

holyconfessor

Neo Member
Fuckin' A. So that's what you get when you put in real money? This shits rigged yo' You didn't luck out.

I've opened a few more from the ones you get from leveling up since I opened the paid ones last night and got the Industrial Zarya legendary. I wonder if there is a pity timer for legendaries like there is in Hearthstone.

Astral

Dammit my D.Va skills are severely lacking. I've been using her all day in an attempt to improve with her. She pilots a robot. I gots to.

I'd be happy with a higher aim assist. Maybe add a tad more tracking on his attack orbs. You have to lead your shots like crazy to get any work in. The buff and debuff orbs are great, but he is fucked if he gets shot. His health is crazy low for the power level he's at.
You guys think he needs buffs? I spend most of my matches on fire when I'm on that guy.

Loxley

I'm absolutely loving this. I played the open beta for a bit but have really been putting time into this now. Tried Reaper for the first time and had a blast with him. Decided to spend a few dollars on some loot boxes and really lucked out :D

I'm rank 10 and I've gotten diddly from pretty much every single loot box :/ I bought a $4.99 pack in the false hope that I'd finally get a skin at all - much less one for a character I actually play. Ended up with just a couple of color swaps for Mei and Reinhardt - who I rarely touch. I decided 'fuck it" and used some of the in-game currency to grab a skin for Lucio (my most-played dude) that didn't look like green vomit.

d7NKmIR.jpg

Zeliard

Zenyatta's all about careful positioning. What he loses in durability he makes up for with his beastly DPS w/ Discord - your classic glass cannon, with the twist being that he's also a healer. He does considerably more damage than any other support, rivaling offense players in that category (if you Discord someone Zen does around 200 DPS with his primary - and that's if you don't hit a single headshot).

He also has one of the best ults in the game and it can charge very quickly if the Zenyatta player is active about dealing damage and healing. His healing doesn't just come from his Harmony orb.

Very vulnerable hero who can have a rough time if the other team is diligent about harassing him (mainly with flankers) and he doesn't have strong support around him, but he can be highly effective in many scenarios.

ebil

I've used him pretty effectively during the beta and I'm by no means a pro player. He is clutch at pushing or defending objectives with his ult, which effectively makes his entire team untouchable for 6 seconds. I have won games single handedly by popping his ult at crucial times, turning the tide of a fight.

His DPS is also incredibly high. He can melt tanks, as long as he stands far enough in the back that they can't get to him. His heal-over-time can keep low health heroes like Tracer and Reaper going for ages, and Discord basically takes an opponent out of the game, because they either get killed or they have to run away and break line of sight.

He has a lot of utility and high DPS, which is why his mobility is low. If you can't position properly then yes, you shouldn't play him. But if you come up against a good Zenyatta, you'll see that he brings a lot to the table.
Completely agree. I can say I've won my team games with Zenyatta's Ultimate quite a few times and I'm not very good. He's really good for pushes. He's really good at killing tanks too and Discord Orb is excellent for quickly dispatching enemies as long as you're not trying to solo everything (which I don't, I play support for a reason).

He's very fragile especially if actively being sniped and not protected (in which case I'll usually switch to someone else) but once I realized that most of his health was shield I learned to play around it more effectively.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I seriously feel like I have the worst luck.

I've played about 15 games tonight. I've won one.

I honestly just do not understand how my teams suck as much as they do.

NO SUPPORT
NO SUPPORT
NO SUPPORT

Fine, for the fifth time, I'll switch to support.

Oh, finally, I can be Hanzo - there's a spot for me!

A minute in, someone else selects Hanzo.

A minute after that, we have three Hanzos.

Oh, and the person who decided to heal? Three minutes in, they decided we didn't need a healer.

Also - why the fuck would you ever bother with the objective? Just why?

I mean - by pure dumb luck I should be winning more games - just playing the odds.

And I'm actually surprised at how well I'm doing. I didn't play the beta and am not a huge FPS guy. Figured I'd get rocked. But instead, I heal a shit-ton with Mercy, I've gotten 4+ revives with my ult on a few occasions. I kick pretty decent ass with Hanzo. And I can capture an object with Reinherdt or whatever pretty regularly.

But man, my teams - they just don't give a fuck about even trying to win.

On another note - REALLY surprised at how few people use mics on PC. Shit, on R6: Siege, almost every player has a mic. I haven't had one conversation or planned one strategy with randoms, yet.

Also - level 11 and I haven't gotten one non-base loot item :(

jacobs34

I would tell people who are frustrated with their solo que experience that this game is 100 percent better when in a party. Even if that means stepping out of your comfort zone, or don't have a mic, playing with a group will enhance your enjoyment big time.

ViciousDS

Banned
Dammit my D.Va skills are severely lacking. I've been using her all day in an attempt to improve with her. She pilots a robot. I gots to.

Remember she's an in and out tank. She's meant to ram, blast and get the fuck out. It's the reason why here boost is such a low cool down. Don't think of her as an average tank.

Kenaras

You must not have watched many pro teams. Zenyatta is a fixture in pro team; he's actually incredibly powerful in the right hands.

No, Zenyatta was a fixture in pro teams. Then he got repeatedly nerfed, and the last meta report showed his pick rate in dead last place:

http://www.planetoverwatch.org/11-overwatch-hero-meta-report-the-grand-beta-review

I still wouldn't say he sucks. I love playing him, and during the open beta he had my highest win percentage at 82%. But he's now situational at best. Maybe his placement on the meta report is a temporary thing, and pros will pick him back up when things stabilize. It's too early to say that for sure though.

I just killed Pharah mid ult with Zenyatta and Zenyatta said "justice is in the eye of the beholder" or something to that regard, justice was definitely the first word. Was that a coincidence or a script thing?

His only saving grace is putting up a discord orb and one shotting a non-tank with his alt-fire. At which point why don't you just roll McCree and do that a million times better?
Goddamn, no, McCree can't do that a million times better.

I just killed Pharah mid ult with Zenyatta and Zenyatta said "justice is in the eye of the beholder" or something to that regard, justice was definitely the first word. Was that a coincidence or a script thing?

Probably scripted, there's a couple of lines like that where killing some heroes with a specific character will give a sort of "taunt" voice line.

Xeteh

Zenyatta's all about careful positioning. What he loses in durability he makes up for with his beastly DPS w/ Discord - your classic glass cannon, with the twist being that he's also a healer. He does considerably more damage than any other support, rivaling offense players in that category (if you Discord someone Zen does around 200 DPS with his primary - and that's if you don't hit a single headshot).

He also has one of the best ults in the game and it can charge very quickly if the Zenyatta player is active about dealing damage and healing. His healing doesn't just come from his Harmony orb.

Very vulnerable hero who can have a rough time if the other team is diligent about harassing him (mainly with flankers) and he doesn't have strong support around him, but he can be highly effective in many scenarios.

If I had decent aim I'd play Zenyatta every time I play support. He's squishy as hell, he's easy to kill... but as someone who plays Mercy, his damage is so insane. He just has to be respected.

Quick battlenet question.

I accidentally bought the Origins edition in my little brother PC (I didn't even got that one for myself) when I meant to buy the standard version but didn't even double checked the price (Kind of deceiving on their part for putting Origins as the default edition to purchase) and here I'm wondering if I should even bother going for a refund, I just want to know if blizz will give me the difference and downgrade the version or something.

Sajjaja

I accidentally bought the Origins edition in my little brother PC (I didn't even got that one for myself) when I meant to buy the standard version but didn't even double checked the price (Kind of deceiving on their part for putting Origins as the default edition to purchase) and here I'm wondering if I should even bother going for a refund, I just want to know if blizz will give me the difference and downgrade the version or something.

Their customer service is pretty good so I'd suggest opening a ticket about it.

Gxgear

3rd person spectator view doesn't make a whole lot of difference to first person if you don't allow for free cam movement :/

So what's are good heroes to try out for newcomers? I am doing pretty well with Soldier 76 but that's just because of my exposure to modern FPS.

Xeteh

I mean you can try but the only difference are the skins and the goodies for the other games. IDK if they'll fix it for you but its worth a shot.

Pretty good stuff. Had a few good games, had a few bad ones, but playing with GAF is much more fun than with randoms.

Still need to work on my rocket accuracy. I'm expecting projectile inheritance. :|

Loot boxes are Loot 1.0+RMAH all over again

njean777

Fuck me what am I doing wrong with my Alienware Alpha that I can only cap at 30FPS

Turn off dem shadows bro, that is the first thing I turn off if I am not getting good fps on PC.

Really enjoying torbjorn, reinhardt, and Lucio so far. Reaper is fun for attacking but I rarely use him, I usually attack with torb and have a lot of fun.

Magwik

Banned
Turn off dem shadows bro, that is the first thing I turn off if I am not getting good fps on PC.

Really enjoying torbjorn, reinhardt, and Lucio so far. Reaper is fun for attacking but I rarely use him, I usually attack with torb and have a lot of fun.
Ah yeh I should turn those off later. Also the 2500k is an i5 right? I've been thinking my i3 is holding me back decently. Really should upgrade.

njean777

Ah yeh I should turn those off later. Also the 2500k is an i5 right? I've been thinking my i3 is holding me back decently. Really should upgrade.

I am playing on Xbox but if I am playing a PC game I turn off shadows first before anything if I am getting bad Fps. Something I learned from playing WOW on crappy laptops back in the day.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I think the Training Bot avatar is the best thing I got from a loot box so far after 9 level up ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom