• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacebar

Dat Mercy Love <3

hQ6BiKO.jpg

Loxley

When you enter a game in-progress and your (losing) team is nothing but Hanzos, Reapers, and McCrees.

O8oSBL9.jpg

Blizzard seriously needs to add a "badass" support character that's some sort of cyborg ninja assassin that dual-wields Uzis and heals people by shooting them in the face, maybe then more folks will play support :p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I get a 16 kill streak and never die while holding the point as Roadhog

and a Bastion gets POTG for killing 2 people

this game

Zambayoshi

She's hardly overpowered. She's just annoying as hell, whether she's on my team or the opponent's team.

My favorite today was playing against the idiotic Mei who kept throwing up that stupid wall everywhere. One time, the wall went under a Reaper (on her team!) right as they started their Ult. If I was that Reaper, I would have wanted to kill her.

Annoying is the word. I was playing the weekly brawl last night where you get 200% health and some other stuff. On all the payload games there was a dude playing Mei and she would just camp on the payload alternating between spamming a wall and her cryo healing prism. As soon as she popped out of the prism she'd spam a wall to block fire and as soon as you'd get around the wall or break through it she'd pop the cryo heal. It was pretty much impossible to do enough damage to her while she was exposed (I was playing as D.Va and also Soldier 76 and Bastion). In the end I tried to time D'Va's ult to explode at the moment Mei's cryo heal expired, although it didn't really have good results.

I'm thinking about trying Widowmaker or Roadhog to try and snipe or hook Mei after she pops out of the cryo heal, but if anyone has a good way of countering Mei I'd like to hear it :)

Oh, and when there were two Mei's defending the payload it was pretty much impossible to try and move it.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
have they ever commented how the hell they come up with these POTG?

This video explains the system more or less.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef1tKJaK-yU

Basically it's not just multiple kills, but also the speed of the kills (which is something Bastion excels at... if you feed him), how close it was to the objective, how close it was to the end of the round, and what character did it (Bastion isn't classified as Offence, so that's probably part of why).

SwolBro

Banned
Mei is obnoxious but there is nothing worse than the turrets. they're awful.

This video explains the system more or less.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef1tKJaK-yU

Basically it's not just multiple kills, but also the speed of the kills (which is something Bastion excels at... if you feed him), how close it was to the objective, how close it was to the end of the round, and what character did it (Bastion isn't classified as Offence, so that's probably part of why).
yeah but they should have realized after the beta that bastions were getting them a lot for nothing.

i'm sure we'll get a patch soon enough though, right?

Dear idiots: if we are about to lose in overtime and we just need to get on the point and you are a Bastion, DO NOT FUCKING TURN INTO A TURRET MILES AWAY FROM THE POINT WHAT KIND OF GODDAMNED MORON ARE YOU.

I should've accepted the party invite from a GAFfer but I was like "oh I'm already in the middle of a match it wouldn't be fair to these IDIOTS."

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just got in... I can't believe the Tutorial is just with Soldier 76 alone, holy crap. At least show one character from each of the four types, sheesh. Oh well, I may just choose randomly for a while to give them all a shot...

edit: Oh practice range, word. That will do.

SDCowboy

I still can't tell if Hanzo is as good as he is awesome (or if I'm just hit or miss with him), but man, getting kills with him feels very satisfying.

Man I love this game.

As usual I was the healer on my last match (break, hockey is on), and we were defending and trying to prevent the payload from making to the final point.

Well, the payload was about 100 meters or less from the final point and I though we lost for sure. Thankfully, I was smart and sticked with the tank and trying to keep out of site and it actually worked. about 50 metres to go and 15 seconds left, kept my finger on the healing button, frantically switching between my teammates making sure they had full life.

We won, I couldn't bleeping believe. on the POTG screen, I was the only one on my team to be on the list and I was selected POTG, which was cool to see.

This game is awesome.

This game is making me way too salty at losses. It is remarkably fun, but sometimes so fucking frustrating.

Six straight losses to end the night :'(.

taoofjord

Any PC people able to help me? I'm having a lot of trouble with my mouse aiming. There's a choppiness in my slow mouse movements like the crosshair skips every few pixels.

First off, the game is running a a stable 60fps maxed out and I'm using a Razer Copperhead mouse with the most recent drivers, though they're five years old. For the Windows mouse settings I have "enhance pointer precision unchecked" as it apparently is an unwanted filter. Sentivity in that window is halfway. In the Razer config I have DPI at 800 and Polling at 500. Acceleration is off.

In-game sensitivity is at 12.

Any ideas with what could be going on? Maybe I just need a new mouse?

Any PC people able to help me? I'm having a lot of trouble with my mouse aiming. There's a choppiness in my slow mouse movements like the crosshair skips every few pixels.

First off, the game is running a a stable 60fps maxed out and I'm using a Razer Copperhead mouse with the most recent drivers, though they're five years old. For the Windows mouse settings I have "enhance pointer precision unchecked" as it apparently is an unwanted filter. Sentivity in that window is halfway. In the Razer config I have DPI at 800 and Polling at 500. Acceleration is off.

In-game sensitivity is at 12.

Any ideas with what could be going on? Maybe I just need a new mouse?
Mouse acceleration, maybe? And 12 sounds way too high lol

Played the beta on PC but got gifted it on ps4 and damn is it easy, probably because there's lots of new players but still,

Played a defensive match where my whole team (all strangers) went turret engineer guy and we dominated. I expected to get wrecked but it was hilarious .

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Playing as Mei. Junkrat Throws his ultimate at a group of my teammates and I throw up an ice wall underneath it, making the tire go flying into the air missing them all. So satisfying

Loving most characters at the moment, but Mei, D'va , Farrah, Genji , and Roadhog are my favourites.

B00TE

Played in a group with friends tonight, ended up learning that McCree/Genji is probably where I'm the best in our team and I do really well in their roles. Had one awesome save at the end of Route 66 where a Pharah jumped up and started her ult as we were pushing them off the payload (right next to the cap point), I jumped off the pay load and managed to hit her with a stun and shoot her down. Damn near jumped out of my seat when I did that.

Gojeran

Asked about the community today and gaf told me to jump in. I did jump in and so far have been having a blast. Very fun game. I have almost no idea what I'm doing but whatever. So far I've mostly played as Mercy. Have also played a little of Soldier 76 Windowmaker and some gunslinger dude with a hand cannon (I'll learn names eventually). I need to learn a basic tank and defense class so I can play different roles as needed. What are good beginner heroes for those roles?

Wanderer5

Finally saw Hollywood, and ended up getting a 10 kill streak with Lucio heh heh. Me and a Winston (in his ult) destroyed a Hanzo and Widowmaker from above near the end.

I feel like sometimes support heroes aren't appreciated at times through.

Mei is DEFINITELY cancer, pls. remove.

Friendly Meis, please stop helping. Unless you're throwing up the wall in the way of an oncoming JUSTICE FROM ABOVE barrage or something, odds are you're just blocking the DAMN SHOT.

LordofPwn

I end up playing support more often than not because no one else will and I hate getting stomped on by somewhat competent teams. A round I somehow won we had 2 torbjorns, 2 bastions, a roadhog, and me as mercy...

Also screw Route 66, have the worst luck with teammates on that map. Had 2 people afk last time I was there...

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Mei is DEFINITELY cancer, pls. remove.

Friendly Meis, please stop helping. Unless you're throwing up the wall in the way of an oncoming JUSTICE FROM ABOVE barrage or something, odds are you're just blocking the DAMN SHOT.

Time is a more valuable resource in this game than kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom