• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mei is DEFINITELY cancer, pls. remove.

Friendly Meis, please stop helping. Unless you're throwing up the wall in the way of an oncoming JUSTICE FROM ABOVE barrage or something, odds are you're just blocking the DAMN SHOT.

A bad Mei is no worse than a bad anything else, it's just not helping in a different way

Asked about the community today and gaf told me to jump in. I did jump in and so far have been having a blast. Very fun game. I have almost no idea what I'm doing but whatever. So far I've mostly played as Mercy. Have also played a little of Soldier 76 Windowmaker and some gunslinger dude with a hand cannon (I'll learn names eventually). I need to learn a basic tank and defense class so I can play different roles as needed. What are good beginner heroes for those roles?

Reinhardt and Lúcio are very straight forward. Keep your shield up as Rein, try to get people behind you to shoot through your shield while being protected. With Lúcio just use the different songs depending on the situation, remember to boost their effect and "OH LET'S BREAK IT DOWN" (ulti) when shit gets rough.

EDIT: Just noticed you said defense and not support. My bad. Defense I love to play Hanzo, but really, Bastion or Torbjorn are pretty simple to start with.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
How much does Mercy's right click boost damage? Can it stack with multiple Mercy's?

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
I end up playing support more often than not because no one else will and I hate getting stomped on by somewhat competent teams. A round I somehow won we had 2 torbjorns, 2 bastions, a roadhog, and me as mercy...

Also screw Route 66, have the worst luck with teammates on that map. Had 2 people afk last time I was there...

I think route 66 is the only bad map in this. Something about that map is just plain bad compared to the rest

Shahadan

I'm kinda tired of freezing the entire opposite team at the same time and see my teammates standing there instead of wiping them all out

Gojeran

Reinhardt and Lúcio are very straight forward. Keep your shield up as Rein, try to get people behind you to shoot through your shield while being protected. With Lúcio just use the different songs depending on the situation, remember to boost their effect and "OH LET'S BREAK IT DOWN" (ulti) when shit gets rough.

EDIT: Just noticed you said defense and not support. My bad. Defense I love to play Hanzo, but really, Bastion or Torbjorn are pretty simple to start with.

Ah ok I'll start there then. Thank you.

cHinzo

Nice! Reaper is my go-to right now.

How did you get such a clean recording?

I use Shadowplay from Nvidia to record in-game stuff. It records at 60 FPS without stuttering (compared to Fraps, which stutters during recording) and the video size is pretty small. Try it out if you got an Nvidia GPU.

Enjoyed playing Reaper, Genji and Junkrat the most so far.

Bsigg12

I'm kinda tired of freezing the entire opposite team at the same time and see my teammates standing there instead of wiping them all out

I get the same way with Zarya's Gravitron Charge. I will spam that my ult is ready and to group up, then I catch 4 enemies in the shot and then no one is there to help clean up. It's annoying as hell.

gnexus

Man, I haven't been this much into a multiplayer only FPS in a very, very long time..

Everything is so silky smooth and fun. Lucio is currently my favorite character to play

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When you're McRee and Zarya uses her ult
CiGb5VtWwAAtA2Q.jpg

nOoblet16

Acceleration is off. 12 is too high? What do you have yours at?
No it should be alright, it all depends on your DPI and pointer settings under Windows...AND whether you are a wrist player or arm player (this is an important thing people never talk about)

I have like 5000DPI with 70% sensitivity under windows and I keep my ingame sensitivity at 8, but then I am wrist player with a small mouse pad. Your DPI is quite low so 12 should be fine.

You'll just need to keep trying combinations until you find one that suits you best, I spent an awful time finding the best one for me that works across most characters (what works for Tracer for instance won't work for a Widow) because I was having the same issue of the cursor skipping pixels too.

A bad Mei is no worse than a bad anything else, it's just not helping in a different way
Most bad players manage to have the decency to just get themselves killed. Mei is one of the few characters that consistently, while on my team, gets me killed.

She's cancerous.

Like I said earlier, I watched a Mei on the other team throw up an ice wall, under a Reaper who was on her team, right as he did his ult, completely disrupting him. It was funny for me to see, but I would have wanted to kill her if I was that Reaper.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Any NA Gaffers who want to play right now? I don't have my headset with me though: Oniros#1589

Zomba13

I play like shit compared to when I played the Beta.

And still no decent skins. :
(

All part of the plan. Get good drops in the beta to get you hooked on boxes opening, release the game and have the option to pay for boxes, suddenly get nothing but shitty blues with the rare shitty purple emote for characters you never use and slowly you start to think "maybe if I just buy a few...".

Most bad players manage to have the decency to just get themselves killed. Mei is one of the few characters that consistently, while on my team, gets me killed.

She's cancerous.

Like I said earlier, I watched a Mei on the other team throw up an ice wall, under a Reaper who was on her team, right as he did his ult, completely disrupting him. It was funny for me to see, but I would have wanted to kill her if I was that Reaper.

It's still the player and not the character

Carm

So... I had some CC reward credits and Amazon credit, and I figured I wasn't buying any new games for a bit, so I ended up buying 100 crates heh. 40 skins total, no purple ones, 6 legendary, also ended up with 4000 credits.
The legendaries were:
Genji: Nomad
Lucio: Hippityhop
MSI: Yeti Hunter, happy to get that one
Reinhardt: Bloodhardt
Soldier 76: Night Ops: 76
Zarya: Artic

Eh... may have not been worth it, but what is done, is done.

So now I'm trying to decide between some skins to buy:

Hanzo: Lone Wolf vs. Okami

Reaper: Mariachi vs. El Blanco

Mccree: Riverboat vs. Vigilante

I like the Okami, El Blanco and Vigilante but all three have gameplay implications, i.e. much easier to spot against the environment. Tough decision.

For the fourth one it's between Blackhardt, B.VA and Ifrit, Reinhardt, D.VA and Zenyatta skins. Really want Blackhardt but already have Bloodborne bleh.

On a side note, should I just be sending friend requests out from tbe Google doc? What's the limit on PSN?

Time is a more valuable resource in this game than kills.

But if the wall hadn't gone up the rocket would have connected and it would have bought even more time.

I'm not talking about blocking a major push I'm talking about throwing up a wall between one dude and the rest of the team.

Ehhhhhh

A bad Pharah, or McCree, or Widowmaker or whatever just doesn't help. A bad Mei is actively detrimental, lol.

I'm not actually asking for her to be removed, btw. It was a joke, to express my saltiness.

Playing as a Tracer is hard when it comes to dealing with Snipers. :(

Like everything one shots you, and the pistols suck at long ranging, and I can't figure out how to get up to where they are so I can close range it. :(

BY2K

Membero Americo
Fucking hell 😂

Mcrees ult just doesn't seem to work for me, its the only one i cant seem to narrow down or figure out when to use it as i always get killed immediately

Honestly, as soon as I hear "It's High Noon" and immediately scan the area to find him and shut him the hell down.

patchday

Dear idiots: if we are about to lose in overtime and we just need to get on the point and you are a Bastion, DO NOT FUCKING TURN INTO A TURRET MILES AWAY FROM THE POINT WHAT KIND OF GODDAMNED MORON ARE YOU.

I should've accepted the party invite from a GAFfer but I was like "oh I'm already in the middle of a match it wouldn't be fair to these IDIOTS."

dang that's some toxicity right there lol

vypek

Its really great that most characters are not invincible during their ultimate. I could only imagine how awful that would be.

I didn't get to play any of the beta but I decided to pick this up on a whim today. Holy shit am I enjoying it. Feels like the first time I played TF2. I'm loving the shit out of Zarya. Games a little quiet though. No one talks.

Dear idiots: if we are about to lose in overtime and we just need to get on the point and you are a Bastion, DO NOT FUCKING TURN INTO A TURRET MILES AWAY FROM THE POINT WHAT KIND OF GODDAMNED MORON ARE YOU.

I should've accepted the party invite from a GAFfer but I was like "oh I'm already in the middle of a match it wouldn't be fair to these IDIOTS."

Calm down, that shit's bad for you. Give it a couple of weeks, people don't know better yet.

I didn't get to play any of the beta but I decided to pick this up on a whim today. Holy shit am I enjoying it. Feels like the first time I played TF2. I'm loving the shit out of Zarya. Games a little quiet though. No one talks.

Yea, definitely, I talk from time to time to warn of Reapers or Tracers behind the team, turrets and Bastions positions but it feels like I'm fucking crazy talking to no one because people don't seem to give a shit anyway and it feels bad to talk alone anyway. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom