• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Gotta love how no one knows how to play for shit yet.

Just went 1x3 with Tracer and killed all three of them without taking a hit. Jesus Christ, videogame players, get a grip.

Demigod Mac

Support Players:

Did Blizz lower the threshold for POTG? Just got my first one with Mercy off of a fairly uneventful 2x res. That'd be unheard of in the beta.

Lesath

Lost 80% of my games today...I know I'm not good, but Blizzard please at least put me with people that do the goddamn objective so I know it's a skill thing and not a moron thing.

Whales

Banned
idk how any of you can play zarya, I mean yeah her shield is good but her laser's range is so crappy, you have to be in the face of someone to hit him with it

soldier 76 is actually fun too

I am loving Winston. Probably my favourite tank right now. Everyone always looks so spooked when you drop on them from a huge jump. Had a 19 player kill streak and got the potg. Probably my best game ever in overwatch

Apathy

Tracer really needs to not get full health back, she should at most get back 50% when she does her special. It's bullshit killing her 5 times over and constantly getting fucked.

vaderise

Got my second Legendary skin today! And Pharah is one of my fav. characters!
13235478_724831770952631_908789629523110505_o.jpg

idk how any of you can play zarya, I mean yeah her shield is good but her laser's range is so crappy, you have to be in the face of someone to hit him with it

Well, she is a Tank. She's supposed to have her team backing her up at most times.

I wish Zarya's laser had a better indicator for its range. I think half the time I shoot it I'm actually out of range.

Her real power comes from how aggressive she can be, and how easily she can recover from damage (since she has 200 shield). Once she builds a decent charge on her gun she tears through opponents.
Tracer really needs to not get full health back, she should at most get back 50% when she does her special. It's bullshit killing her 5 times over and constantly getting fucked.

She has 150 health, three dashes, and a three second rewind. She can be shut down very easily through accuracy, AoE, or anything that stops her. But a smart Tracer won't put themselves in those positions.

exYle

Are you talking about her recall? Cause that's a time limited move. If she doesn't use it within a short time of taking damage she can't get her health back

With every other post someone is mentioning how great a different characters is, definitely evidence of great design and balance. I myself just found the glory that is Symetra. Getting 8 kill streak with only well placed turrets. Feels good.

Her altfire is a mortar. She doesn't JUST have her beam. And when her charge is up, her beam is super strong.

Plus, you take care of that 200 shield, it takes care of you. She's tricky, but she's pretty rewarding.

Celegus

Just went 1x3 with Tracer and killed all three of them without taking a hit. Jesus Christ, videogame players, get a grip.

The game has been out for one day. How are we supposed to be pro already?

Copper

I know right you'd swear the games only been out for a day.

This game was totally not on my radar until like two days ago. So glad I ended up buying it, it's the most fun I've had with a shooter so far since Battlefield 4. Since my three of my other friends just bought it also, hopefully it'll have me hooked in for a while. Soldier 76 is definitely my fave.

Apathy

Are you talking about her recall? Cause that's a time limited move. If she doesn't use it within a short time of taking damage she can't get her health back

I'm talking about recall

Hitting her is already a pain, and with rockets and nades doing 120 only on direct hits, even a single direct hit isn't enough to kill her, then I have to go and do it again and again

Oscar

Exactly. It's almost impossible if the opposing team can actually defend.
I found it more manageable. Every time my pug got past the first part, we'd win.

The first part is basically the Omaha Beach scene from Saving Private Ryan. You lose that first shootout and you're fucked unless there's actual coordination/talking/typing.

PSA: Everyone that preordered got the Noire Windowmaker skin. Make sure to equip it to differentiate yourself from the herd of late-comers! Windowmake in style.
I saw a Junkrat get PotG by killing someone (38 percent) and then killing himself and someone else with his tire. It's pretty goofy right now.

AFAIK it weights ult kills and killing someone who's using an ult over normal combo-kills, which can lead to some odd results. Of course, a good tri- or quad-kill can still get you on there. Of course, some matches are just slim pickings.

Like, my first potg was me as D.va killing Hanzo and assisting in a Zenyatta's death. And... that's it. It was glorious.

ScribbleD

Still feeling Mei, but she might be my main. Feels so good to cut off escape routes, force people into choke points, and give people cover with her ice wall. Her shooting doesn't feel too shabby either. Really having fun with her and the game as a whole.

m4st4

No one, not a single decent match? Wow. You must be seriously pro breh.

Finally think I might have a character for each class.

Soldier 76
Widowmaker (which I'll never get to play again if I want a good team)
Winston
Mercy

I like being able to switch to whatever the team needs mid battle, which is the whole point. More people should do it.

I just had a Mei who put an ice wall on the exit of our spawn area when the enemy was literally fifteen seconds from getting the payload to the objective.

I stand by my earlier complaints, no other character manages to mess up games as consistently.

Rad-

Love that feel when you singlehandedly kill 4-5 enemies on the cap point and die and the rest of your team doesn't push.

mbpm1

I found it more manageable. Every time my pug got past the first part, we'd win.

The first part is basically the Omaha Beach scene from Saving Private Ryan. You lose that first shootout and you're fucked unless there's actual coordination/talking/typing.

Got kept out of that place for a whole game

felt bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom