• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

QPwfwbI.jpg

Post em

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
looks like the game is bugged.

Some matches the last player can't join so we're stuck waiting for that player to join.

This tells me you really don't get how to use Zen lol

I've been playing Overwatch since F&F. Zen used to be really great because he could put a harmony on the flanking duelist and the output he could put out in the mean time was great. Then they took that away and he hasn't really recovered. Mercy can handle spot healing better, Lucio can handle area control and dueling better. That's why they ended up pretty meta.

Tabby

Pharah is amazingly fun on Arcade, with the reduced cool downs you're pretty much always flying.

Had an airfight with another Pharah on Numbani. So good.

I've been playing Overwatch since F&F. Zen used to be really great because he could put a harmony on the flanking duelist and the output he could put out in the mean time was great. Then they took that away and he hasn't really recovered. Mercy can handle spot healing better, Lucio can handle area control and dueling better. That's why they ended up pretty meta.

So you only valued him for his fire and forget healing output

k

jediyoshi

Is Mercy the best healer? I feel her damage buff is super helpful defensively. Gonna try Lucio sometime. I miss Widowmaker so much.

All situational. Lucio works for control point, attack on payload. Mercy on payload defense. Then taking into account whether teammates are generally more spread out or together, and whether more teammates are squishy or not.

So you only valued him for his fire and forget healing output

k

You dismiss the value of that output? Do you know how advantageous it is for a duelist on a flank to have 30hps against another duelist? That's like saying "oh they only have half a mercy dedicated healing them with no immediate counterplay". That's why they gave harmony the LOS treatment. You could basically stick one on a Tracer, Reaper, or Genji and they'd have infinite sustain!

You dismiss the value of that output? Do you know how advantageous it is for a duelist on a flank to have 30hps against another duelist? That's like saying "oh they only have half a mercy dedicated healing them with no immediate counterplay". That's why they gave harmony the LOS treatment. You could basically stick one on a Tracer, Reaper, or Genji and they'd have infinite sustain!

I mean, it's pretty obvious why that was changed. Saying he sucks because he no longer provides constant, rangeless regen for flankers doesn't hold water.

Drewfonse

I think I'd lIke to learn how to play Winston. He seems fun. I'll fire up an AI match and try him out. Anyone enjoy playing as him?

I mean, it's pretty obvious why that was changed. Saying he sucks because he no longer provides constant, rangeless regen for flankers doesn't hold water.

Mercy has higher raw HPS. Lucio has raw higher HPS after 2.3 targets or something.

Damage? So let's say you're trying to siege a point. I hear an ult go off, I swing around, I power up that ult. If I hear "tactical visor activated" I swing around and I power up 76 who demolishes the team. Or I hear "rocket barrage incoming" I swing around and heal/power up Pharrah. Hell if I hear "Let the dragon consume you!" I can power up a Hanzo and watch his arrow demolish even the toughest tanks.

I can't do that with Zenyatta. At all. I can only put my orb on one person at a time and fire away. I also can't get myself out of tight spot since I have no maneuverability and I can't even survive a body shot from Widowmaker without a Symettra or Zarya shield. It requires a hell of a lot of finesse for something that's really not worth it.

Just got the achievement for capping two objectives without dying.

Is that difficult? Lol

If you're not in a pre-made, it can be very difficult

It requires a hell of a lot of finesse

That's the allure. I wouldn't pick Zen in a situation where it's clearly an unwise choice, but he's fun to use if you understand his strengths and weaknesses. Mercy and Lucio (who I use a lot more) are much easier to use and more appreciated by other people on the team, but it's not always fun to go with the easy choice.

Deadstar

The combat and characters in this game are great but I wish the modes were better and more drawn out. Two or three control points only seems like it goes pretty fast. I want to see a bigger five control point map.

SwolBro

Banned
the amount of obnoxious turrets and the lack of countering them when going in solo is just.... no.

on console this turret thing is getting out of hand. if they don't adjust this soon i can see people abandoning this game in droves within 1 month on the console side.

Spawns need to be delayed when you are on defense at the end right near the payload. It's bullshit that they can spawn right by it. We can run the payload to to end and they can win in OT with a team wipe because we can't get back but they can be back to the payload in like 2 seconds.

That's the allure. I wouldn't pick Zen in a situation where it's clearly an unwise choice, but he's fun to use if you understand his strengths and weaknesses. Mercy and Lucio (who I use a lot more) are much easier to use and more appreciated by other people on the team, but it's not always fun to go with the easy choice.

If I'm going to deliberately go for a harder hero I want a payoff. There's nothing wrong with going for a more difficult hero but when you play better with a more difficult hero they need to be stronger. If anything he needs passive ability where you heal everyone within a certain distance for like 25% of the damage Zenyatta deals or 25% of the damage done by the team to the discord target. That would make the payoff worth it because if you have shitty target selection or can't hit anything you won't heal all that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom