• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know if you're doing well in this game?

There's no lobby scoreboard, and not as if win loss means anything in public games when my contribution is diluted by the performance of five random players.

I didn't play in the beta but I've managed to get some 20-30 killstreaks going today, and I feel that I'm influential when playing Hanzo or Symetra. I play Genji mostly though and while I have fun with him I feel that he doesn't have as significant of an influence as some other of the other characters. Even when I'm having a good game.

styl3s

I wiped the entire enemy team with mei

PLAY OF THE GAME ITS BASTION RUNNING AROUND WITH ROCKETS AND GETTING 2 KILLS
I killed the entire team with Junkrat (without my ultimate) back-back-back-back-back and somehow solder 76 got POTG by killed 2 people with his ultimate.

Don't make no kinda sense.

How do you know if you're doing well in this game?

There's no lobby scoreboard, and not as if win loss means anything in public games when my contribution is diluted by the performance of five random players.

I didn't play in the beta but I've managed to get some 20-30 killstreaks going today, and I feel that I'm influential when playing Hanzo or Symetra. I play Genji mostly though and while I have fun with him I feel that he doesn't have as significant of an influence as some other of the other characters. Even when I'm having a good game.

Gold medals at the end of the game means that you were 1st in that category in your team. During the game, if you're on "fire", it also probably means that you are doing alright.

jotun?

Is there a way to re-watch the video that played the first time I launched the game? I accidentally skipped it, so I'm not even sure what it was

-MD-

HpXVizY.jpg

MGrant

Anyone have a link to the GAF google doc for PC (if there is one)? I'd love to try some more coordinated games sometime. I'm in Southeast Asia, not sure if there's a big Asia-GAF community playing this game or not, but I'd love to join.

Gold medals at the end of the game means that you were 1st in that category in your team. During the game, if you're on "fire", it also probably means that you are doing alright.

What if my team are just bad though?

On fire doesn't seem to mean a lot. It just promotes more aggressive playstyles. I just completed a game where where I was 37-1 and they didn't move the payload beyond the halfway mark but I wasn't on fire for very long because the opposing team were slow to approach.

One of these days I'll play a match with randoms where I won't be a tank with the most kills, objective kills, objective time, and damage. Maybe that'll be the one we actually win.

And it's no wonder people think Bastion is OP cause if the randoms I've been getting are any indication then I honest to god don't think some people are aware that you can actually shoot him and he'll die. I wish I was exaggerating.

george_us

I wiped the entire enemy team with mei

PLAY OF THE GAME ITS BASTION RUNNING AROUND WITH ROCKETS AND GETTING 2 KILLS
That happens to me all the time. I literally won a game during the last 20 seconds by single-handily taking out the enemy group with Junkrat's Ult, allowing the team to cap the point. Who gets play of the game? Bastion.

Absol

holy fuck. arcade as d.va is fun. you can get your mech back in seconds so you're pretty much unkillable. spent like five minutes near their spawn point without dying. pop a few shots with your pistol if meka goes down and spam that q button.

mbpm1

I won my first game with Lucio finally

Just stayed behind the Reinhardt and it was a defense mission but still surprsingly fun to just rocket people to the objective quickly and then amp up healing once I got there.

Then run around in circles while firing randomly

Parham

Banned
Don't understand all of the complaints about Mei. A pair of them tried tag teaming point B and completely fell on their faces. Made quick work of both with Pharah.

Edit: My go-tos are increasingly Mercy, Pharah, and Lucio. I really need to get better with tanks though.

This game is so awesome, was so hard to quit to go to bed haha. Unfortunately need some sleep for work...

Getting the hang of Bastion and wow that character is deadly. Also doing pretty good with Soldier and Zenyatta (who I initially hated and thought I would never play as). Ended the night with a win and got Lucio hockey skin in the box, really excited to use that :D!

This game is so awesome, was so hard to quit to go to bed haha. Unfortunately need some sleep for work...

Getting the hang of Bastion and wow that character is deadly. Also doing pretty good with Soldier and Zenyatta (who I initially hated and thought I would never play as). Ended the night with a win and got Lucio hockey skin in the box, really excited to use that :D!

u brave man.

Apathy

Don't understand all of the complaints about Mei. A pair of them tried tag teaming point B and completely fell on their faces. Made quick work of them with Pharah.

It's the slow, people think it stacks up too fast and no chance to get away.

Shes not really OP at all.

That being said, I do think her ult should have a smaller radius, it takes up whole freaking control points

I feel that the MT model in this game is pretty unscrupulous. The way that you're rewarded early on with lots of loot packs, and those rewards gradually decline as you rank up. That's a pretty obvious attempt to manipulate consumers with a reinforcement model that causes them to seek alternative approaches to acquiring the same reinforcer (in this case moving from earning experience, to spending real cash).

I don't have a problem with MT in £40 titles, however I don't think it's okay if the games design is compromised for now MT users, for the sake of validating or encouraging MT. In Overwatch's case, the progressional loop has been deliberately elongated with time so as to encourage MT, and that design is at the cost of the non-MT users experience as the loot distribution system gradually stagnates.

That's distinct from the system offered by other games other games, like Uncharted 4 or Garden Warfare 2 (both £40 titles with MT). In these games, it doesn't feel as if your ability to earn rewards rewards within a reasonable time frame is gradually being taken away.

dc3k

Anyone want preorder junk? I have WoW guest pass, SC2 guest pass, Heroes of the Storm hero, Hearthstone card packs

edit; pm me. whoever does first gets whatever

Bittercup

Revived 4 players at once as Mercy. 10 revives in total. Healed like crazy.
Didn't get play of the game. Didn't even get a card at the end :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom