• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demoskinos

Going to sleep...and then going to wake up in the morning and agonize over my final stretch to the promised land. I missed tracer and her butt.

LordofPwn

Who are some good youtube pro players to watch in order to improve my game?
That's a tough question. Watching someone play this game really only ever helped me better understand character abilities, team comps, and some map strats. I feel like there's a lot of heroes where the only way to improve is just playing all the heroes to better learn their strengths and weaknesses. Learn who you should fight, who to avoid, and where to position yourself.

I didn't really watch individuals either but here are some names to look up (on mobile so links are not easy for me)
Muselik sp? He does Overwatch Mythbusters and some other content
Seagull - he is a great Genji and has done pretty good in competitive with bastion
GosuGamers - hosts weekly tournaments on twitch but will usually post games and highlights on YouTube.
Surefore sp? - may or may not be a cheater and personally I don't care for his attitude but he does have some insight into tips for playing. Not sure if he has a YouTube though.
Overwatch Central - they've got some tips and info about the game. Good source for info.
There's a couple others out there that have hero specific how to videos that you should also search for.

I recommend just trying all heroes out in training grounds first, and then set custom control layouts for characters.

Oh! Here in Canada it's a holiday so they're closed. First time I've ever been pissed off about getting a long weekend

Ah, that sucks. :\
You and your gf aren't willing to buy digital copies? If not, I mean, it's only one day... but then again, it's still a whole day without Overwatch.

Took almost a whole day to reach what this thread did in five and a half hours.

Edit: Destiny might have it beat... good lookin, Sparrowhawk.

Double Edit: Overwatch got to post 937 (what I arbitrarily based my rough estimate on) faster than even Destiny.

I only know because I was utterly obsessed with Destiny before it came out lol.
Kind of surprising that it's more popular than even Destiny was at the time - must be all of that fan art and those amazing shorts.

Ah, that sucks. :\
You and your gf aren't willing to buy digital copies? If not, I mean, it's only one day... but then again, it's still a whole day without Overwatch.

It's actually only a few hours... I think I'll wait and get it with her so we start together. As impatient as I am.

I wake up and see the threads up and already reached 20 pages :0

Its about that time
ECq6MN4.jpg

Dr. Buni

I can't think of another OT for a new IP that has moved like this one. Anyone?
It mode really fast regardless. Granted, Splatoon was released on year ago and it is on its fourth OT, I think, while Overrwatch will likely reach its fourth OT and one or two months at most.

mulac

Fuck it, pre-ordered on PC via battle.net.

I have zero friends on Aus Battle.net at the moment if anyone wants to add me:

mulac #11946

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad the thread is moving so fast. Overwatch deserves all the hype; been playing it since last fall and it's one of the freshest and most fun games I've played in quite a while. The more attention it gets the better!

Liberty4all

Banned
Done. I didn't fill the "weekday hours", "weekend hours" and "voice chat" fields for obvious reasons.

Thanks Reila I appreciate it. Basically I'm a 9 - 5 guy. Wife is in Toronto while I'm working here in Alberta so I'll be on all evenings and weekends. I have the headset for voice chat

Clipse

I placed a pre-order for the PC version in-store at Best Buy about 2 weeks ago. Should I have already gotten an e-mail saying I can pickup my order tomorrow or do they usually send those out early in the morning on the day of release?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I placed a pre-order for the PC version in-store at Best Buy about 2 weeks ago. Should I have already gotten an e-mail saying I can pickup my order tomorrow or do they usually send those out early in the morning on the day of release?

Best Buy shipped my order on Friday. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to pick it up tomorrow.

Exquisik

The ready to pick up email is usually sent in the morning sometime before the store opens on released date.

I'm hoping that there will there will be some collectors edition at the retail store as I don't think I have the patience to wait till Wednesday for my order to be delivered...

I would love to sign up for the Neogaf tournament if there is one!

The ready to pick up email is usually sent in the morning sometime before the store opens on released date.

I'm hoping that there will there will be some collectors edition at the retail store as I don't think I have the patience to wait till Wednesday for my order to be delivered...

I would love to sign up for the Neogaf tournament if there is one!

I'm not sure about other Best Buys, but mine usually has a table set up for the latest video games and there are almost always CEs/LEs. I remember racing to get a goddamn copy of Smash Bros. with the GameCube controller, heh.

Firestorm

Awesome OP. Sad title isn't Overwatch IOTI We recommend you try countering Bastion as Hanzo, Genji, or Widowmaker but it's okay. Haven't enjoyed a multiplayer shooter this much since TF2 so I am eagerly awaiting launch. Hope to see some old TF2-GAFfers from the GAF server around :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Granted, I usually never play multiplayer games (Heroes of the Storm and now Overwatch notwithstanding, dat Blizzard cocaine), but isnt the concept of "waiting" to buy a multiplayer focused game straight up the wrong approach? Dont you want to get in on the ground level with everyone else so you dont get steam rolled 1 or 2 months later by experienced people?

Im talking purely waiting by choice obviously, monetary concerns are a different matter.

m4st4

I went retail even though I'd gladly double-dip for digital just to play it tonight... Luckily I'm gone tomorrow and won't be back until late Wednesday so that will help ease the wait.

Great OT! Dat M.J./Bastion reaction gif is priceless!

Tecnniqe

Banned
Granted, I usually never play multiplayer games (Heroes of the Storm and now Overwatch notwithstanding, dat Blizzard cocaine), but isnt the concept of "waiting" to buy a multiplayer focused game straight up the wrong approach? Dont you want to get in on the ground level with everyone else so you dont get steam rolled 1 or 2 months later by experienced people?

Im talking purely waiting by choice obviously, monetary concerns are a different matter.
It's a blizz game too so value won't go down any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom