• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Awesome OP. Sad title isn't Overwatch IOTI We recommend you try countering Bastion as Hanzo, Genji, or Widowmaker but it's okay.

Speaking of which, surprised no one's whipped up a novelty site where you click a character to quickly display who they're countered by. Could be dressed up as a gameplay balance feedback form.

SwolBro

Banned
when random people i never thought cared much for shooters are asking me if i'm getting overwatch i know the hype is hitting ridiculous levels.

word of mouth after the open beta went crazy

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I have a meeting until 4pm tomorrow.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. I wanted to take off early so I could be ready to go right at 4.

LOL I wish I had the ability to get off at 4. or 6....or 7.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Can you play on any servers or each region is stuck on its own region?

Liberty4all

Banned
The strange thing for me is that for the last 2 days I've been debating/agonizing over buying Doom or not. Was holding off because I'm a hardcore MP guy but I felt so conflicted due to the Doom hype thread.

Then I noticed this thread did a little research and was like yeah this is the game for me.

I still want to play Doom but single player I can wait for the price drop.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
We're allowed to add our names to the Google Drive list, right? I don't want to mess anything up.

Here's all of the Japanese voices.

Fun Fact: Japanese McCree is OVA Jotaro Kujo, which is funny considering that English McCree is English Stardust Crusaders Jotaro Kujo.

Also funny is that series creator Hirohiko Araki said that Jotaro's character is based on Clint Eastwood, star of the most popular and well known Western film; most assuredly created the tropes that McCree flaunts.

It's might have played a role in the castings.

mulac

Console, probably not. PC, region select is above the play button in bnet.

PC MasterRace!

133429.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Console, probably not. PC, region select is above the play button in bnet.

Does progress carry over? In HotS you didnt keep your heroes which was a big problem, but I guess here at most you won't have your skins and whatnot

Neoxon

Also funny is that series creator Hirohiko Araki said that Jotaro's character is based on Clint Eastwood, star of the most popular and well known Western films.

It's might have played a role in the castings.
In that case, they could have casted Daisuke Ono considering that he voiced the same incarnation of Jotaro Kujo that Matthew Mercer dubbed. Plus he honestly would have fit McCree better in Japanese.

Lord, just watched the Hero short, still stupidly excited for the actual GAME but if I was a story man I would be so put off by the lame cliches on display for this games "lore".

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Your best bet is to import the Japanese version. They may have an option to switch to English text.

The Japanese version will automatically switch languages based on your OS language (this is how 90% of western games in Japan work). So, if your PS4 is set to English, Overwatch automatically starts in English. It's probably the same for Japanese, but I'm 95% sure that both text and voice will change. I don't think you can isolate one over the other, unless it's in the options.

Modsushi

What is the consensus on the worst hero(es)? Obviously team composition (yours and opponent's), the map, and game type play a big part in determining whether or not a hero is good in a given situation. Overall, I feel that Zenyatta is probably worst at the moment. He's far too reliant on his teammates for survival. Lacking mobility and sporting extremely low health (150 HP; 50 Health, 100 Shields), I found myself very often unsuccessful playing Zenyatta.

thetrin

What is the consensus on the worst hero(es)? Obviously team composition (yours and opponent's), the map, and game type play a big part in determining whether or not a hero is good in a given situation. Overall, I feel that Zenyatta is probably worst at the moment. He's far too reliant on his teammates for survival. Lacking mobility and sporting extremely low health (150 HP; 50 Health, 100 Shields), I found myself very often unsuccessful playing Zenyatta.

Zenyatta provides great damage from the back, and his harmony orb is awesome too. I'm not good with him, but I don't think he's a BAD hero.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well the preinstall timer can't move any faster, I have to stop scrolling by it and hoping it fucks up and I can play

Oh wells, hopefully there's GAFfers tomorrow I can join up with
My name for some reason can't be added to the google doc through my phone, keep getting error

PSN: GraveRobberX

Will be your Bastion, Mei, Junkrat (you can see I like Defense)

Milennia

Man am I going to devour this game on live, been playing since the first closed alpha wave and have pretty much done all you can do in terms of ranked etc, have some friends who are now on c9, this game is going to be huge.. More teams looking for people now after the fact, I expect big things.

Nobody's the "worst;" it depends on team compositions, play mode, and your individual skill. Zen is 3-star for a reason though.

I went 10-0 as Zen on Numbani defense with no tank before, payload never made it out

Tecnniqe

Banned
Well the preinstall timer can't move any faster, I have to stop scrolling by it and hoping it fucks up and I can play

Oh wells, hopefully there's GAFfers tomorrow I can join up with
My name for some reason can't be added to the google doc through my phone, keep getting error

PSN: GraveRobberX

Will be your Bastion, Mei, Junkrat (you can see I like Defense)
The best defense is a good offense you know

Maddrical

Preordered Overwatch on the weekend, so damn hyped. I haven't watched ANY cinematics since the release trailer so I'll be going through them all tonight, thanks for all the links OP!

Rhaknar

So heres a funny story... when I left for work last night, I left my computer upgrading to win10.

Why did I do that on the eve of the game's release? Well you see Gaf, I'm not very smart.

Im already dead arent I? ;_;

Mupod

I've got a friend who loves playing Torbjorn and always makes sure I have armor. I ended the beta with an ~80% winrate on Zen.

He's a character whose weaknesses you need to recognize. Namely that if they have a sniper and you don't have extra shields/armor...you'd better swap to a different support.

I do think he needs a bit more health to offset the fact that he needs to be on the front line these days. But his damage output is INSANE and I don't want to sacrifice that, even for more survivability.

Anyways, I don't see the point of D-Va. She's not useless, I mean one of my friend plays her almost every match and does fine. I just don't see why I'd use her over...anybody.

HariKari

A Zenyatta in the back that knows how to use the discord orb is a hell of a thing. Shame he is easily countered by even bad Widowmakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom