• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poster#1

Can someone make me Roadhog avatar pls? :3

images

finalflame

Is the Origins Edition worth the extra $20?

Not IMO, unless you play a lot of Blizzard games and want a ton of Overwatch content to use in those games. The only appealing thing to me was the Noire Widowmaker skin, and honestly, it's going to be common/played out since it's a paid bonus.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What is the consensus on the worst hero(es)? Obviously team composition (yours and opponent's), the map, and game type play a big part in determining whether or not a hero is good in a given situation. Overall, I feel that Zenyatta is probably worst at the moment. He's far too reliant on his teammates for survival. Lacking mobility and sporting extremely low health (150 HP; 50 Health, 100 Shields), I found myself very often unsuccessful playing Zenyatta.

Zen is actually really damn good but the worst aspect for him is dying to a widow bodyshot. If he got a little health increase he'd be way better off.

But they need to be careful since his discord orb is actually nuts. If you can consistently headshot with his orbs you can single handedly take tanks down like nothing.

I think in the hands of a good player Zenyatta can be devastating.
He has high dps for a support character combined with his discord orb hes a good attacker from the back. His only 2 drawbacks are his low mobility which means you have to be careful not to get rushed or flanked and his low health which is somewhat helped by his self healing.

them widowmaker bodyshots are brutal tho.

Ark

I mean... you are going to be waiting the exact same time as we are.

Yeah, but I either have to go to work tomorrow with 3-4 hours of sleep, or not play at all until I get home at 7pm tomorrow. Whereas the US gets to play it at a reasonable time in the evening.

It bothers me way more than it should.

I'm just so hyped. This and Total War: Warhammer tomorrow is going to be great.

Going the to launch celebration tonight too, so that should be fun.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Yeah, but I either have to go to work tomorrow with 3-4 hours of sleep, or not play at all until I get home at 7pm tomorrow. Whereas the US gets to play it at a reasonable time in the evening.

It bothers me way more than it should.

I'm just so hyped. This and Total War: Warhammer tomorrow is going to be great.

Going the to launch celebration tonight too, so that should be fun.

You know the true answer, move to the US!

jyoung188

Added myself to the google doc (PC) anyone feel free to add me. Warning:
I'm not going to be good ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Haven't played at all yet, didn't get in on the betas because I thought it wouldn't be for me. Bought the $40 version based on all the hype, peer pressure and good word of mouth. I've watched a ton of the hero beginners guide videos on YouTube and that's about it. Wish me luck!

Xeteh

This might be a really stupid question but is there a trick to editing out the background of an image and getting the edges smooth like that? It takes me for fucking ever to make an avatar for myself and its usually trying to make it not look like ass after erasing the background.

I think in the hands of a good player Zenyatta can be devastating.
He has high dps for a support character combined with his discord orb hes a good attacker from the back. His only 2 drawbacks are his low mobility which means you have to be careful not to get rushed or flanked and his low health which is somewhat helped by his self healing.

them widowmaker bodyshots are brutal tho.

It didn't happen often but a few times I ran in to Zenyatta players with good aim. Man did that suck, he can drop you so fast.

Manoko

Finally, the OT's here !
Can't play until tuesday night because Amazon France won't send the copies early, but oh well.

So heres a funny story... when I left for work last night, I left my computer upgrading to win10.

Why did I do that on the eve of the game's release? Well you see Gaf, I'm not very smart.

Im already dead arent I? ;_;

I have had zero issues with windows 10. The closed BETA and open BETA ran superb on it. Hopefully you have the same experience!

Ark

You still wouldn't be playing it before europe tho.

That's not the point; the point is that for the US it unlocks at a time when people are just coming home from work/school, whereas in Euorpe it unlocks when we're all asleep..

Timezones, man.

It's been a painful wait since the open beta ended. Can't wait to dig in tomorrow. Just hope the server doesn't come up too early while I'm stuck at work >:D

Speely

Banned
Jeez already at 22 pages.

It took Destiny about 8 hours and 18 minutes to reach 1k posts in it's first OT. This thread hit it in 6 hours and 34 minutes. Game is bottled lightning.

Edit: not that those numbers matter at all for anything, but I just find it interesting.

It looks like I'm off tomorrow because of a work-related issue beyond my control.
Not happy about that, but it's only for one day. And it works out for me because I can play this first thing tomorrow when the servers start up.

What is the consensus on the worst hero(es)? Obviously team composition (yours and opponent's), the map, and game type play a big part in determining whether or not a hero is good in a given situation. Overall, I feel that Zenyatta is probably worst at the moment. He's far too reliant on his teammates for survival. Lacking mobility and sporting extremely low health (150 HP; 50 Health, 100 Shields), I found myself very often unsuccessful playing Zenyatta.
Progress do carry over this time!

Does progress carry over? In HotS you didnt keep your heroes which was a big problem, but I guess here at most you won't have your skins and whatnot
There are no underpowered hero right now, sure, some might be less viable in higher end competition but from a overall perspective the balance is great.

50 posts is the 'non-inverted joystick' of forum options.
Which is for normal people!

Ramirez

Is there any site that has a collection of the sprays in the game? There's some good avatar material in those, but I doubt any site has them. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom