• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

I don't understand the tactic behind Blizzard with those lootboxes.

Shouldn't a legendary skin be very hard to get? i mean why would anyone buy lootboxes if those drop so often?

If you look at CS:GO a knife, the highest reward you can get out of a case is EXTREMELY rare that's why people waste TONS of money on those cases just to get a very rare knife.

Why does Blizzard give us those legendary skins so easily?

Couple reasons I would guess.

First of all I'm not sure they are all that common tbh, it's hard to know without some numbers behind it. For every person that posts their awesome new legendary I'm sure there are quite a few just getting middling results. Someone over on Reddit probably has been/will be compiling what people are opening for any given lootbox and then we'll have a better idea.

Even if they are relatively easy to get, there are a ton of heroes who have 4 legendary skins each. The chances of you getting the perfect one you want isn't that high and saving up 1000 currency to buy one takes a while.

I just burned 250 currency on the stereotypical dark blue Genji so it's going to take me even longer, lol.

Crouching makes your footsteps silent. Its very powerful.

oh interesting. but I must say...I don't find a lot of opportunity for silent footsteps. game is so fast-paced all the time.

Seems dope for Reaper. But his teleport is noisy and he likes to announce his presence. IDK. Maybe Genji since he can scale walls and get behind the enemy? How do you use it in practice?

Baliis

oh interesting. but I must say...I don't find a lot of opportunity for silent footsteps. game is so fast-paced all the time.

Seems dope for Reaper. But his teleport is noisy and he likes to announce his presence. IDK. How do you use it in practice?

Could be useful for McCree so people don't know you're around a corner?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Legendary skins are easy? Do you mean they have the same drop rate as everything else?

No but i've seen people who got 2 legendary skins in 1 lootbox. What's so legendary if it drops so frequently? not complaining, just wondering.

Blizzard normally doesn't do that, they always lock the good stuff behind an overly expensive wall or extremely hard to get.

I am level 15 and have had zero legendary drops.

2 or 3 levels more and you will probably get one.

Could be useful for McCree so people don't know you're around a corner?

Most of the time I see McCree's play like that, they're literally just standing in the corner camping and waiting. But yea I could see how that might work well in the opening half of El Dorado in particular. Other maps not so much.

No but i've seen people who got 2 legendary skins in 1 lootbox. What's so legendary if it drops so frequently? not complaining, just wondering.

Blizzard normally doesn't do that, they always lock the good stuff behind an overly expensive wall or extremely hard to get.

Know that your experience is the exception. I'm almost level 20 and I have received no legendary items of any kind.

Or maybe I'm the exception...

-MD-

Her damage is not low...what?

She absolutely shreds.

Regardless, adding a second to the cooldown is not going to break her. Right now you can just spam your dashes, it's a bit ridiculous. God forbid people have to think a bit about how they use them instead of just spamming them.

Her damage isn't low but she has to get in close to actually deal it, each dash is on a 4-5 second cooldown and she's got the lowest health in the game.

Have you tried playing her? It's not easy when half the abilities in the game can one shot you.

Mupod

how come Zenyatta wears pants but Bastion doesn't? Is this a goofy and pluto kind of thing? Genji runs around butt naked too.
Please help. I'm stuck at work and want to Overwatch.

Apathy

wipe a whole team at once, they all decided to take the narrow path up to A on Numbani with a Reinhardt leading the charge.

Bad idea my friend.

Riptire......right through the shield as I see the group trying to find a way out going back and trying to get enough room to avoid it.

KABOOOM!

Wiped out in one go.

Dreavus

how come Zenyatta wears pants but Bastion doesn't? Is this a goofy and pluto kind of thing? Genji runs around butt naked too.

Bastion can't speak and seems to be running on a simpler AI. Omnics are basically self aware machines (persons) from what I can tell. Genji is a cyborg.

So to answer your question, yes.

Finally a POTG, and a hilarious one at that. Used Roadhog's ult on another Roadhog in a very tight corridor and I just kept him airborne for like 3 seconds

I think the drop rate is just about right. I got 3 by 17. Not necessarily the 3 I wanted most, but I'll take it.

I think they missed a big opportunity by not adding a shit ton of skins to the game early on. By the time the first major additions roll around, people will have a lot of currency saved up. The reason to buy crates drops.

Of course, if people really are dropping 20-40 dollars on top of the purchase, then that's a good ROI for Blizzard.

damn that's lucky i got zero out of 14 boxes

Permanently A

Seems dope for Reaper. But his teleport is noisy and he likes to announce his presence. IDK. Maybe Genji since he can scale walls and get behind the enemy? How do you use it in practice?

I use it all the time when I know someone is following me but I pretend like I haven't noticed him. Duck around a corner making it seem like you went a certain way, then crouch to a better position and farm him when he tries to jump you.

Also good for whenever you want to get close to someone unnoticed. Widowmaker, sneaking up on Bastion, following a Symmetra so she drops her teleporter and you can destroy it. Its got a lot of uses.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Okami skin.<3 Love it so much.

Yup!

If anyone good at editing photos wanna make me a Okami avatar that'd be great
Head down to hands area maybe with transparent around it.
Code:
[IMG]http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/overwatch/images/f/fc/White_Wolf_Hanzo.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/2000?cb=20160511225946[/IMG]

Her damage isn't low but she has to get in close to actually deal it, each dash is on a 4-5 second cooldown and she's got the lowest health in the game.

Have you tried playing her? It's not easy when half the abilities in the game can one shot you.

The only time she can "spam" dashes anyway is on in this weekly Arcade Brawl. It's crazy. Otherwise, once you spend your three, there's a decent cooldown there.
I agree that adding a more significant cooldown would make her useless.

And here's something that's not readily apparent for anyone just trying the game out: the direction you press when you use Tracer's dash is where you'll dash. It's not just a <skill button> dash forward. You can do it to the side, backwards, whatever. NOT based on where you're looking.

Flip4k

Some of the nerf cries in this thread are pretty funny.

Blizzard has done a fantastic job creating a balanced game. People need to be more patient.

Mupod

In my solo queue adventures last night I saw a POTG of a Roadhog ulting almost my entire team off the side of Ilios while I looked on in horror at their stupidity. He tried to be a cool guy and do a spray at the end but he had the default spray on, lol.

Baliis

wipe a whole team at once, they all decided to take the narrow path up to A on Numbani with a Reinhardt leading the charge.

Bad idea my friend.

Riptire......right through the shield as I see the group trying to find a way out going back and trying to get enough room to avoid it.

KABOOOM!

Wiped out in one go.

A shame they didn't realize that the tire only has 100 hp and could have just killed it in a second or less lol.

Zeliard

And here's something that's not readily apparent for anyone just trying the game out: the direction you press when you use Tracer's dash is where you'll dash. It's not just a <skill button> dash forward. You can do it to the side, backwards, whatever. NOT based on where you're looking.

You also don't have to use the three dash charges consecutively. Each one operates on a 3 second cooldown, so it's a good idea to time them for max juking potential. :p

mbpm1

Why do people insist on marching half the team through narrow hallways to kill a fully stocked junkrat with alternate routes available

grenades and hallways

Ferrio

Banned
You also don't have to use the three dash charges consecutively. Each one operates on a 3 second cooldown, so it's a good idea to time them for max juking potential. :p

Speaking of consecutive dashes, I didn't realize until yesterday you could use all 3 dashes to go around the huge gap on Volskaya.

0EDWRqd.png

pigeon

Banned

Zenyatta speaks English and Bastion doesn't, so yeah, it actually is exactly Goofy/Pluto.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Can people stop picking Zenyatta ? Seriously the most fucking useless character in the game, can't heal for shit

Not everyone can use Zenyatta but make no mistake, a good Zen player can be extremely useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom